Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
Riverleaf1772
Registered Users
seller

My DD just discovered standing up from the potty! Help!

We were doing really well with mostly timing with my just 10mos dd catching every poop and most pees. But now that she's discovered standing up from the potty, and she won't sit on it and go anymore. She wants to stand up and play with everything in the bathroom. Any ideas?

Advertisement

Old 09-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #2
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: My DD just discovered standing up from the potty! Help!

Try the bath maybe... my daughter usually stands to go these days too, and very rarely will she sit on a potty anymore, but usually she will go in the bath (she likes holding onto the ledge). I'm thinking she'll be interested in the potty again once she figures out how to take herself to the bathroom, but it's been a few months since she's really sat on a BBLP!
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:44 AM   #3
Riverleaf1772
Registered Users
seller

thanks Ill try that!
Old 09-10-2010, 08:47 PM   #4
cjslater1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son did this with disasterous results for me who was sitting in front of him. I started reading to him while he sat and that kept him on the potty.
cjslater1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
cocoabean572
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I will either nurse DS or have him play with a toy or pet the puppies or he chews on his blankie.
Old 09-11-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
onnalee13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know how you feel! I'm also frustrated with my 6 month son who likes to kick and bounce on the bblp. It really is a distraction! I frequently choose to hold him over the tub instead, but even there he bucks! It is also really rough on my wrists. Lol, he also discovered the white bear decal on the front and tries to get it to his mouth! Eww!! So I have been trying to hold him over the toilet as well and he seems to respond better while hanging there. I do this only in nice large oval toilets though. There isn't much to look at! I suppose until he gets older or is more didtractable we'll just keep struggling! Glad to know I'm not the only one!

www.midlandsmidwifery.com
onnalee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 05:00 AM   #7
Agla
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just came to look for advice on the same exact thing. This is the second morning I have poop and pee on my foot instead of the potty. Then he gets upset because he doesn't like the feeling of the pee on his foot. I wasn't sure if I should just take a break before he really starts disliking it. For those using the tub-Doesn't the baby start associating the bathtub with eliminating making for interesting bath times? He does have a rash on his bum and I wonder if that is what is making him not want to sit bare bottomed. This has never been an issue. He's one year old. Also it is getting colder I wonder if it's really cold. Warm the potty?
Agla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 10:00 PM   #8
langdonslady
Registered Users

I just got done reading a blog by a lady living abroad in China, raising her child using local practices, like EC, and she reported that the Chinese mothers in her village (NOT a place where disposable diapers, or diapering period, have caught on!) agree that 10 months is a difficult time period, that it is perfectly normal... apparently the high standards and expectations we in America who are trying to learn EC have, are not realistic.
langdonslady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 06:30 AM   #9
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agla View Post
For those using the tub-Doesn't the baby start associating the bathtub with eliminating making for interesting bath times?
Nope. I noticed neither of my LO's like to pee in the bath when they are having a bath. They know the difference between an empty bath and a bath time bath.
They're too busy playing to want to pee. Both of mine would often pee right after having a bath Never had a poo in the bath during bath time.

Though I've often heard of non-EC'ed LO's pooing in the tub and often wondered if it was because they were used to going in their diapers but here was finally a "clean" spot to go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by langdonslady View Post
I just got done reading a blog by a lady living abroad in China, raising her child using local practices, like EC, and she reported that the Chinese mothers in her village (NOT a place where disposable diapers, or diapering period, have caught on!) agree that 10 months is a difficult time period, that it is perfectly normal... apparently the high standards and expectations we in America who are trying to learn EC have, are not realistic.
Yeah around that age they are often too busy to care about sitting on a potty! I've noticed from my own two little ones and from reading posts on EC, a LOT of babies want to stand to go around this age (while they are learning to be more mobile), too. They want to be independent as well.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:28 PM   #10
sbsweetpea
Registered Users
seller

came on for the same problem! my dd has been ec'ing since 4/5 months with all poos in a potty (little potty or big) and most pees. but, now at 10/11 months...she refuses! it started with her 2 front teeth coming in, and now she just kicks and screams and pulls herself off. i am having to relearn how to wipe a bottom and wash dipes! guess we'll take this one slow, and try the bath- empty, right?
thanks for the help and support everyone!
sbsweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote