Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 12:32 AM   #11
A&EsMommy
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Dr. wants to induce me...

thats a bit early for induction without a medical reason imo. i would tell her no especially since it doesn't feel right to you. from experience pitocin isn't all that nice i would prefer to go naturally if i could.

Advertisement

A&EsMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 12:52 AM   #12
smilyme
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was induced at 41 weeks, and I really hope that if I have the chance to have another LO I will be able to go into labor on my own. Go with your gut, Mama. If you do not feel good about it, don't do it. And so what if the following week is the next opportunity to have her deliver? You can always go another week and induce if you are still not dilating at that point. I know that going past 42 weeks can be risky to the baby, so why not wait until there is a reason to induce and give your body all the time you can to do it on your own?
Good luck, and I wish you a pleasant birth experience.
smilyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:04 AM   #13
Barbarap
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

NO, do not let her induce you, If your body is not favorable it is a definite possibility you could end up in "failure to progress" an end up with a c-section, resulting in a really crummy medication loaded, non-natural day.

Unless there is a medical necessity, please syay strong and let your baby come when he/she is supposed to.

Good Luck. I know how hard it can be to rock the boat. I did with my 2nd. I switched docs at 18 weeks and then decided against a c-section after it was scheduled. Although we ended up with a c-section at 40+ wks. I felt empowered for taking charge of my body and baby.
Barbarap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:30 AM   #14
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think drs think pts would rather have their own dr deliver them so that's why some of them do it. If you don't wanna do it then don't!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:34 AM   #15
littlelilly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=Barbarap;11171162]NO, do not let her induce you, If your body is not favorable it is a definite possibility you could end up in "failure to progress" an end up with a c-section, resulting in a really crummy medication loaded, non-natural day.

This is what I'm most scared of happening!

I mean let's face it none of us want to be preggo forever but if she's not ready then why do we have to force it? Again my hubby was away with the AF for a while so I know exactly what date I got preggo, and I know that the date is later than what they are telling me. He and I were talking about "trying" this weekend to induce labor on our own , so I don't have to get the pit and go through all that stuff. We'll see how it goes though.

Thank you all who have supported me on this and letting me know I wasn't wrong in my thinking. If I was still had my HPB problems then I might consider it but I'm not, so I will not be pushed into this!

This is my 3rd OB, so honestly I don't want to switch again since I did have such a rough preg in the beginning. My 2nd OB was GREAT but of course the AF moved us so that's why I had to change. My mom even suggested me going back to that Dr since she's about 2 hours away now and as much as I would like to it's just not that easy.....

Again I will stay strong and say NO next week. Thanks Mammas!!!
littlelilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:32 AM   #16
Camymom
Registered Users
seller

Good for you on taking control of your birth! My first time, I had no clue why letting things happen naturally and in their own time was so important, but now that I've actually been reading and preparing for birth, it makes me mad that my OB pushed me the first time. I think you will regret it if you let your Dr. control your birth based on their schedule. I hope everything works out for you!
Old 09-08-2010, 08:29 AM   #17
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlelilly View Post
Now I'm not a Dr nor do I pertend to be one but do you all think that's a little too much!? Why should I shedule my birth around her working schedule? Honestly I don't really care for her but when we moved here I didn't really have a choice of who I went to since I was due so soon. So what I'm saying is if she doesn't deliver my baby I'm so ok with it!
Should I put my foot down and say no I'm going to have the baby when she's ready to come and not before? It would be easier to "plan" if we did do this next week but I would really like to go naturally and not do drugs and stuff.
Thanks for listening and any advice is welcome!!
ddc crashing here- you already know what to do. if there was an actual, medical reason, then i'd be more hesitant to go again the induction, but convenience is not a medical reason at all, esp if you don't care who delivers you.