Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-07-2010, 09:36 PM   #1
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
i'm going to say it again: ARE WE THERE YET?!

i know it's almost over. i'm just a few days from full term! (some of you aren't so lucky - sorry!)

i feel like i'm finally getting to that point where i just want him here. like, "okay baby, you can come out to play now!"...

in the past day, i feel like i've gone from the top of the world to having an achy back, achy belly, squishy brain, tired eyes, and heartburn galore.

oh, and no patience... atleast, not for the important things (like DD!) (how can i have more patience with sewing than i can with my kid? i don't understand it!)

he's so rumbly tumbly in my belly and it's just getting uncomfortable. i don't know what he's doing in there, but sheesh, slow down!

sorry. vent. i'm going to go soak in a nice warm bath with some oils... (this is what i do when DH is at class on tuesdays/thursdays LOL!)

Advertisement

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:36 PM   #2
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: i'm going to say it again: ARE WE THERE YET?!

I am very huge and uncomfortable and grumpy lately. A hot bath is in order for me too!

Enjoy yours!
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
Malakaiii
Registered Users
seller

I'm with you! Definitely counting down the days until full term and then starting some natural induction techniques to urge the little lady into making her exit!
Malakaiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #4
gothiclibrarian
Registered Users
seller

Every day I'm a bit more uncomfortable (EDD 10/06). This kid's head is essentially between my legs already and he will NOT stop jabbing at my cervix and left hip bone. This weekend my sciatica kicked in, big time.

I'm torn between wanting him out asap after full-term (next Wed), and wanting him to cook till October. DD's 2nd bday is Sept 17, so I'd ideally like as much space as possible between the two, no matter how much I'm ready to evict the lad.

But yeah, lay off the cervix, little one! Last week I was 1.5cm dilated, we'll see what we're dealing with this week when I start the weekly Ob visits...

With DD we tried every old wive's tale in the book to start labor and all it got me was more than 36 hours of painful false labor if you counted it up over the last couple weeks. This time I'm just going to let it go the way it'll go...I think they pretty much just come when they want to anyhow, regardless of what you think you're doing to hurry it. :: shrugs ::
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 AM   #5
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Me too!!!! I am definitely ready for this to be done & over with! I have 11 days til term, then I plan to try every trick in the book to get labor going :-)
Old 09-08-2010, 06:06 AM   #6
Len27
Registered Users
seller

So with you! I'm 36 weeks today and just DONE. DD arrived at 36w5d, so this is as preggers as I've ever been, lol. I imagine I won't be a very patient person if this lasts another month! I will HAPPILY take a 37-38 weeker please!
Oh, and the constant braxton hicks are killing me.
Len27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:08 AM   #7
Lovey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm not quite to 35 weeks yet, but been having those thoughts at times. Somedays are just HARD!!! I think my older age is not making it easy, that and the fabulously difficult pregnancies that I have . I've thought this baby is either a budding gymnast or part octupus. Would love a window through my belly to see exactly what it is that she's doing in there!!

And the contractions.....position change = contraction, need to pee = contraction, after peeing = contraction, etc., etc., etc...........

My other 2 came at 37 weeks. I don't know if I'll make it past 38 without pulling my hair out if this one decides to cook longer!!!
Wife to C (1998) , Mommy to DD#1 (2004), DD#2 (2008) & DD#3 (2010)
Lovey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:39 AM   #8
PatchworkPeddler
Registered Users
Formerly: MrsMommy0805
seller

My Mood:

I'm 37 weeks today according to what I *think* my LMP is, and my last ultrasound. Sunday marks 37 weeks for what's on the charts at the OB office though. IDK why the LMP I remember and the LMP they have is different This pregnancy has been WONDERFUL and I wouldn't change anything about it so far. I have LOVED IT!

BUT... I'm done too. It's more because I'm just tired of not being able to do much. Like bend over, hold my kids, or even sit up straight without feeling like I'm either bruising my bones or bending the baby's bones. I'm tired, feel like I'm immobile and move about as fast as one of my elderly neighbors. I can't catch up to my son until he's trapped in a corner, and I feel like Pooh Bear with all my shirts because even though they fit everywhere else, they're too short in the front. If I could just MOVE, preferably without having to make a pit stop at the potty every 20 minutes or waddling because I'm scared of squishing the baby's head.

I'm desperately wanting this baby out and DH is just like "why can't you just wait? He'll come in his own time. Be patient!" I love the man and he's the best hubby/daddy on earth... But... YOU be pregnant and tell me how long YOU want to wait at the end. THEN you can tell me to be patient. Ugh.

The good news? I can finally eat. I feel like I've been living in the poor house with no food for months and now I finally have some substance in my system. I hardly remembered what it felt like to feel so full, especially after eating more than just 1/2 a sandwich or what not.

There's supposedly 3 guys in our classes at the birthing center who are going to strap a watermelon to their bellies for 24 hours and write a journal about it. Right now, I think I'd rather have a watermelon strapped to me. At least I wouldn't have to pee every 20 minutes.

Sorry, just figured I'd vent along with you. I think we're all getting to the point where people will start to want to get ear plugs for when we complain. It's just plain uncomfortable!!! Who can blame us!!!
PatchworkPeddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 AM   #9
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Only 33.5 wks here...I have a ways to go so I'm not gonna beg the question yet...but someone asked me "Who said it could be September already"...my only answer was " I did, but only because it has to come before Oct or I would have skipped it entirely!"
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:54 AM   #10
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaxence View Post
Only 33.5 wks here...I have a ways to go so I'm not gonna beg the question yet...but someone asked me "Who said it could be September already"...my only answer was " I did, but only because it has to come before Oct or I would have skipped it entirely!"
I am 33 and 5 and I totally agree with this. Slowest month ever.

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote