Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 03:05 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 03:11 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Ok...dont want anyone to feel badly...a little powwow education for all you new to the world of Native American Dance.
Clothing are called Regalia or outfits not costumes.
Oh and the powwow is not a tradition to the Navajo it is adopted from the plains tribes of US and Canada. Many Navajos now participate. Jerry has been dancing since he was a teen. He dances Northern Traditional.

MH seemed pretty interested this weekend. Danced all day with her Dad and then this morning demanded YahYah music in the car. She heard the drummers singing the vocals and now calls it all yahyah. "Look its Daddy's yahyah pants" when she found them drying on the line at my parents.
Very interesting, thank you for that Jen. I didn't know the word Regalia. I'm glad you told us. I would hate to say the wrong thing.

It's great that MH is getting involved and enjoying the powwow's and dancing

Quote:
Adelle that is not unusual to not know, many Native of her age tried not to teach theri kid so they would "fit in better"

Jerry's family is lucky. Jerry's mother is the child that her Mom (Jerry's grandmother) hid from the BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs). She did not go to school when they came to take the kids in September for kindergarten. Mostly those kids did not return home until they had graduated high school at which point they no longer new "how to be Navajo". So she learned all the Navajo traditions and in turn was able to pass them down to her kids.
Did Jerry's mom get any education at all? Or is she like the little girl who came to you recently.

It's good she know the traditions and can pass them on. Hopefully MH will be able to do the same for her children.

Quote:
night all

Morning Janine. Hope you got some sleep.
I slept well...despite the velcro like sheets MIL means well by helping with the washing but she never uses conditioner and air dries almost everything which means the clothes and bedding as scratchy as all hell. But I am grateful for the help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
Heavy is understandable.. October is coming!

Lifes been ok here. I'm a little worn down today. Feeling a bit lost and blue.
I'm sorry Macy
Old 09-08-2010, 03:16 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still dying

I hate this!!!!
Old 09-08-2010, 03:24 AM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Here's my Woolly Wednesday pic. It's not finished....I still have to do the finger cuff and the wrist cuff....but it's getting there.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:42 AM   #5
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Neat Janine.

I'm awake because we just got back from the emergency room. Archer woke up for his night feed and he was burning up. I had just run out of tylenol yesterday, so I tried to cool it down with a bath but it didn't help. When we went in it was 37.8C, I think it had went up when they took it, so he's hopped up on tylenol and advil. He has 2 ear infections so they gave him antibiotics too. I have enough to last until I can go get the prescription tomorrow.

I'm waiting up to make sure it goes down. He's still really warm, but its only been about 20 min.

Preggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 03:45 AM   #6
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

they told me to give him 2.5mls of each. Does that seem excessive? it looked like alot when I gave it to him in the ER, I usually follow the directions on the back of the tylenol bottle and its usually 1ml. I would think he may be closer to 1.5 now but hmm.

Old 09-08-2010, 03:48 AM   #7
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggo View Post
they told me to give him 2.5mls of each. Does that seem excessive? it looked like alot when I gave it to him in the ER, I usually follow the directions on the back of the tylenol bottle and its usually 1ml. I would think he may be closer to 1.5 now but hmm.
IDK those meds. We have different stuff over here.

Sorry Arccher is sick
I hope he sleeps well and feels better soon Courtney.
Old 09-08-2010, 03:54 AM   #8
Preggo
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram View Post
IDK those meds. We have different stuff over here.

Sorry Arccher is sick
I hope he sleeps well and feels better soon Courtney.
thanks Janine. I hope you feel better soon too.

Jayden was pretty funny when I woke him up (we went down at 3:00 AM)

He walks out of the house and goes "This is REDICULOUS! I told you it wasnt morning!!" silly boy.

anyway have a good morning Janine, and everyone else that will be up earlier than me. The fever seems to have calmed down now, definately not back to normal yet, but not OMG scary anymore.

Old 09-08-2010, 04:26 AM   #9
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Good morning!

Cortney-sorry to hear about Archer's fever and ear infections! I would give hime the amounts recommended on the label for his weight, and stack (alternate) the two meds. You don't want to overdose meds like Tylenol, because that can burn out the kidneys.

B woke me up for drinks and covers and just sitting up fussing literally more than 12 times last night. I feel like a horrible mom, because eventually I am just so exhausted that I snap at him. I am going to take him to the doctor today to make sure he doesn't have an ear infection or something. I think I have to give him his wn pillow, sheets that he can pull up by himself, and his cup of water. And then I think I need to move out of here and start sleeping in my own bed again. I'm going to have to change things before the baby gets here anyway, so I might as well start now!
I am just still trying to figure out who is going to live where, and thought I would move everyone around over the Christmas holidays, when school is out for winter break.
Old 09-08-2010, 04:33 AM   #10
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Neat Janine.

I'm awake because we just got back from the emergency room. Archer woke up for his night feed and he was burning up. I had just run out of tylenol yesterday, so I tried to cool it down with a bath but it didn't help. When we went in it was 37.8C, I think it had went up when they took it, so he's hopped up on tylenol and advil. He has 2 ear infections so they gave him antibiotics too. I have enough to last until I can go get the prescription tomorrow.

I'm waiting up to make sure it goes down. He's still really warm, but its only been about 20 min.
SO SORRY!!! That can be so scary

Quote:
Maybe b/c his fever is so so high. Kind of like when we have excessive pain, we can take 4 Advil, but normally we'd only take 2. KWIM? I'm sure he is in some discomfort from the ear infections and the fever. I'd follow their instructions while he is sick, but then go back to normal dosing once he's better.

Janine, love the Wooly Wednesday pics!!! Mine are uploading right now! I HAVE to get her baptism dress done by Sept. 26th and it is a a skirt full of lace patterns. WHAT THE HECK was I thinking?!?!?!?!

Are you still at the hossy, Janine?