Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: Daily Chat ~ Wed Sept 8th

Morning!!

Sending Labor vibes....:goodvibe: to all those who are possibly in labor??

Fixed the van last night!! tee hee...it was a electrical problem, praise God, it was what I said it was to DH 1st before he pulled everything apart and checked it! Next time I'll suggest the opposite first so he checks into what I suggested the 1st time.

Btw...there is being happily married and always needing to be right in a marriage...you can't have both! I am happily married though.....tee heee...

I hope you ladies all have a good day!!

I'm going to take the kids to school, work on the guest bedroom since my MIL will be here in 2 days yay!! and finish my custom!

Advertisement

magbtrfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:11 AM   #22
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Btw Roberta...

I discovered I had Graves Disease immediately after I gave birth to my youngest DD. I had a case of thyroiditis and my hair started falling out, I was always real panicked, heart always beating so fast and anxious even sometimes to the point where I couldn't find anything to calm me down. Oh and hot all the time with heat flashes and losing weight...I noticed DD's peach fuzz all fell out and she was constantly hungry like my breastmilk wasn't enough for her..the peds said that they never heard of the antibodies passing through the breastmilk, but indeed they were because she was suffering from the same systems as I was.

After being referred to a Endocrologist and being diagnosed with Graves I was put on meds to try and elevate my levels again...it wasn't soon after I had baby and was diagnosed it was already too late because the antibodies had started attacking some of my internal organs including my kidneys, liver and gall bladder. I was in the hossy to get my Gall Bladder out in less than 2 months after DD was born and finding out the Graves and suffering from jaundace. Gratefully those two things were fixed, Gall bladder was removed and things were starting to look up!

I continued my meds for a year and finally after another blood panel draw my levels seemed to have leveled out a little...now while I am not on meds right now and haven't been for a year...since I'm in remission......what they have discovered is that my pituitary gland is working just fine but my thyroid no longer stimulates the hormone...so I will always have Graves disease and have to get blood panels checked every few months, especially after the baby is born next week...while it's a disease and condition it's able to be controlled...so I'm thankful for that

I hope this helps..oh and I've currently had it since my first diagnosis almost 3 years now. possibly even longer than up maybe as long as 6 years and just didn't know or show as many symptoms.

Last edited by magbtrfly; 09-08-2010 at 08:23 AM.
Old 09-08-2010, 08:18 AM   #23
MommyKeller0107
Registered Users
seller

I actually have a day off today.. so I'm just sitting back relaxing until my appointment. Hoping to get a good membrane sweep.

Tracy, I'm excited to hear about your OB appt today too!

Jamie, have a good day with Rosemary!

Rach, Sorry about Lor's elbow

L0Ri K

MAMA T0 KADE (1/07)
LEVi (09/10)!

:: & RUBY ♥ ::
MommyKeller0107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:11 AM   #24
benjaminsmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Morning, leaving for U/S in about a 1.2hr. Just wanted to pop on and say hello. Won't be back till late this afternoon, cus I have an ob appointment at 3:15 and hopefuilly chiro there too.
Good luck Lori! Hope stuff is movin along for you!
Old 09-08-2010, 09:36 AM   #25
Fusion
Registered Users

My Mood:

major headache going on Still raining like crazy here from the tropical storm, lots of schools were delayed or canceled due to flooding today. Going to try to nap and then take my mom to a dr appt. Labor vibes to all that need it (and if you want you can send some my way I would be happy if he came at any time now).

Fusion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #26
Chrijodo
Registered Users
Formerly: RiverDrakesMomma
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies

Amanda-- when my water broke it felt like a peed myself. I got up and "peed" some more. Went to the bathroom and kept peeing little bits at a time And any time I moved at all there would be little "gushes" and yet it still took 20 minutes before I believed my water had broken. Yes I was in denial

AFM: Another long night for us. I'm delirious with exhaustion. Days are better though so I'll enjoy the quiet while i have it.. Went grocery shopping this morning and have to clean the house now. Have company coming at 2pm for a few hours. I REALLY wish it would start cooling off here so I could start going for walks to de stress with out overheating.
Chrijodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 09:53 AM   #27
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

I feel like napping all day....
Old 09-08-2010, 10:13 AM   #28
miraclebabysmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Feeling a bit crampy and getting the poops...not normal for me...except for when I'm getting sick (or gearing up for something, but thats probably wishful thinking!!) Gonna see if a shower will help.
My diapers are not collectors items...they are diapers...used to poop in.
miraclebabysmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:19 AM   #29
magbtrfly
Banned
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by miraclebabysmama View Post
Feeling a bit crampy and getting the poops...not normal for me...except for when I'm getting sick (or gearing up for something, but thats probably wishful thinking!!) Gonna see if a shower will help.
the anxious poops!!
Old 09-08-2010, 10:21 AM   #30
blessedmama2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Dropping in for a sec-Got to drive out to WIC, go to the legal office here on base, then meet dh at 3:30 to take him to get a new ID. Then grocery shopping and the boys really need new shoes. I have been a horrible boardie, been lurking trying to keep up, and see what sweet new little ones are here It's just been a ridiculous week-still recovering from my mother's visit. Having some issues on the home-front as well so just doing so real "soul searching" on what I should do. I am just fed up with dh and am at a loss at what to do-so that's why I off to legal too see about legal separation. I have just gone on too long and don't know what else to do-first and foremost, I need to have this little guy-who is now nameless again-cause ya know what-dh always gets a say so on what the first name and both all the first names are all something for him-did I not carry them and give birth to them-am I not the one that does 95% of the care for them? So why can't I get a say so on a name for once. Anyways, time to try to take a shower and get ready to leave. I am so swollen-I have gained over 50 lbs-we I guess really 60lbs since I lost 10 and gained it right back in the 1st trimester. Carpel tunnel is not going away now during the day like it has been and yesterday at my appt I am surprise no one said anything about my swelling and BP-my BP was what it was when the decided to induce me with Joey. 138/85-not bad but should be better. Well sending good labor vibes to all those who are close! Hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there! I can't believe we are all so close Miss you mamas, again-I stink at keeping up, I know Talk to you all later!
Nikki-mama to 3 little miracles that complete me. 3 BOYS M-10/06 (my Invitro baby) J-3/09 (my LO that keeps me on my toes) and J-9/10 (my totally unexpected miracle that completed our family) Proud Air Force wife to M.
blessedmama2 is offline   Reply With Quote