Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #131
rylan'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Asked not to nurse my son at church b/c...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare378 View Post
Here's what you do:
1. Open Google
2. Type the words "Mary Jesus breastfeeding"
3. Click Search
4. At the top left, click "images"
5. Save a few to your computer
6. Email a few of the pictures to your pastor and ask which one would be appropriate

P.S. If you find one in which Mary's wearing a hooter-hider, please let me know.

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 01:53 PM   #132
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post

ETA: The first post just says that he got excited by seeing her nurse without a cover.
Which I take as, he got excited by seeing a baby suckle from his/her mothers breasts. Issues? Yup.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #133
whitneywalters
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cacasey1981 View Post

If this guy came to your pastor and said that he was turned on by children (extreme - I know) would your pastor ask him to leave or ask the kids to leave?

Like someone else said - Jesus was breastfed.
I agree with you here. I think a lot of times people think it is okay to ask women who are nursing to leave because it is such a taboo issue.
whitneywalters is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:54 PM   #134
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, honestly, as a church founder, you wouldn't want to do anything that would cause any male to stumble, would you? Men are men and I haven't met a man not attracted to boobs.

I understand the hole argument of putting a blanket over his head instead of your childs, it's a free world, yadda yadda, I get it. However, as a founder of a ~church~ not a mall, not walmart, but a church, do you want to put a stumbling block there for him?

I personally don't find it a big deal to use a nursing cover. Baby can still see you, you can see baby.

ETA: When I'm nursing a child, my chest is the least s*xiest thing to me. I don't want them touched in that way, however, for my husband, they're still hot, he's still very attracted to them! Not trying to defend the man, but it could have been the fact that a boob was there, not necessarily the child nursing from it.

I know....I'm in the minority here.

Last edited by myall4him2; 09-08-2010 at 01:59 PM.
myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:56 PM   #135
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Not all babies will nurse covered up. Instead they will fuss & throw a fit, tossing themselves around, which could really cause an exposed boob when they jerk the cover off.. LOL.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #136
Janine
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Peanut* View Post
I'm just saying that many men get turned on by bobbies, no matter what the boobies are doing. You may be able to separate the function and sexual roles of the breasts, but some men may not. Why does that make someone a weird, "freak of nature"? I'm not saying he is right. I'm just saying not everyone can 'turn off' their attraction to breasts as soon as a baby gets on it.
I find it hard to believe that a healthy male cannot differentiate his desire for breasts based on what they are doing. If that were true, then this same man would get turned on by his mother's breasts, his sister's breasts, his cousin's breasts, etc. Men can separate. They are not savages. This man seemingly doesn't have the self-control to keep his thoughts "pure". That is unfortunate. But it doesn't mean that we should take that perversion of his and impose it on something that isn't perverse, such as breastfeeding. Perhaps if he was raised around more women who breastfed he wouldn't have such a complex about breast = sex.
Old 09-08-2010, 01:58 PM   #137
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by *Peanut*; 09-08-2010 at 10:48 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 01:59 PM   #138
Magpiedpiper
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by myall4him2 View Post
Well, honestly, as a church founder, you wouldn't want to do anything that would cause any male to stumble, would you? Men are men and I haven't met a man not attracted to boobs.

I understand the hole argument of putting a blanket over his head instead of your childs, it's a free world, yadda yadda, I get it. However, as a founder of a ~church~ not a mall, not walmart, but a church, do you want to put a stumbling block there for him?

I personally don't find it a big deal to use a nursing cover. Baby can still see you, you can see baby.
I've seen mamas post videos before of their children who will nurse quietly until they are covered, and THEN they become a distraction.
If $25 can buy a child for a night, it can also give a child a safe home for a month. Love146 safehomes enable restoration through safe housing, therapy, nutrition, medical care, education...and something every child needs, a home full of love and care.
Magpiedpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:01 PM   #139
myall4him2
Loving Touch Wet Bags
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Very true, not all babies will tolerate a nursing cover. I haven't read through the thread, did she say that's an issue?

myall4him2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 02:02 PM   #140
Angel89411
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare378 View Post
Here's what you do:
1. Open Google
2. Type the words "Mary Jesus breastfeeding"
3. Click Search
4. At the top left, click "images"
5. Save a few to your computer
6. Email a few of the pictures to your pastor and ask which one would be appropriate

P.S. If you find one in which Mary's wearing a hooter-hider, please let me know.

Love it!
Angel89411 is offline   Reply With Quote