Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #371
theJs
Registered Users
seller

Re: Asked not to nurse my son at church b/c...

I am appalled. I wouldn't even justify this with a polite response or dicussion of what YOU shoudl do. The impure thoughts guy needs help. Regardless, I believe VA has laws that protect your right to breastfeed and clarify that incidental nipple exposure is not indecent exposure. You should clarify for your pastor that his reqest is in fact illegal.

Advertisement

Fund your fun with swag!
http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/mama2Js
theJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 02:47 PM   #372
aiyana4969
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Most men I know that have wives/sisters/friends that nurse are NOT uncomfortable with it, or the the female body in general. While they do like thier "play toys" most men I know are only turned on by a woman being provacative or by thier wife.

Maybe it's just the people I know but even my 19 YO brother doesn't even look at a woman in a sexual aspect unless she is naturally "his type" or is doing something specifically to attact his attention in a sexual manner. A girl can be wearing low riders with her thongs hanging out and a mini tube top and I have to point out the atrocious outfit and he's like, "uh, doesn't really work for her, she's not my type" Then again he's the only boy in a generation that is all female in my family.

ETA: here it's only illigal to show genetalia and since a female's genetalia is technically on the inside.... there have been incidences of females streaking and getting away with it... tho it's rare and usually around college campuses, tho there have been alot of topless marches lately.

I guess I raised him right (I was his care giver from the time he was two while our parents worked until age 13, and then still around alot and by that time nursing my own children.)

Last edited by aiyana4969; 09-15-2010 at 02:49 PM.
aiyana4969 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #373
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyliesel View Post
Makes sense that the baby doesn't like to be covered up and still wants to see the world and not hide under a hooterhider- never thought of it since its not something I do. So thanks ladies for your responses. I've only witnesses one mom using it once and the baby didn't move at all, but she was only a few weeks old, I can see where it can be more difficult when they're older and squirmy - geese, like trying to change diapers while they're on the move, impossible!

And like a few of you said, little if no skin is showing, and unless the person is staring you down every second of the process - which would be really creepy - they shouldn't see much if anything.

(thanks for keeping your responses kind and informative and not hounding It's all new to me.)
Mama, I just wanted to show you a couple of pictures that my aunt took of me nursing my little one last weekend at the zoo. We were in public and I was without a cover (do not use one). You cannot see an inch of skin.

The few times that I have worn a cover have been disastrous. Each time I put one on, it was as if DD freaked out either from the darkness, the stillness, or what-have-you, but she started flopping, shrieking, and scratching at her head. Lets just say it called for way more attention than was necessary

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 10:11 PM   #374
rxmama
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was thinking about this while feeding my DS at church Sunday. The last couple of rows are reserved for families with small children and sometimes it is a row of hooter hiders. I didn't use a cover with DS1...I felt it was like "hey, I'm nursing over here" As DS1 got older and more prone to pop on and off, it was not fun to NIP or very modest. At that stage, we tried, or rather I tried to introduce a cover which wasn't popular. I've been using one with DS2 to get him accustomed to the deal.I digress...
Anyway, I try to be modest and try to balance my baby's needs, my need for modesty, and the situation at hand. I nursed thru my grandmother's funeral, in the pew, slightly less modestly because I wanted to be there, my DS1 was starving, and decided that the rest of folks would get over it. I sometimes leave a room to nurse now because I want to avoid the hassle of modesty, sometimes I use a cover, sometimes I just discretely do my thing. My bro who is a little funny about modesty, has completely not not noticed when I was feeding the baby when he was patting his head. I agree with the posters that this really between you and God.
rxmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:21 PM   #375
luvlygrl
Registered Users

I would be more than pissed. At my church they have a child scream room where I go to nurse. But I hope they would never ask this of me if that room were not available. God made our bodies to give the perfect food to our babies, how could they ask you to deny your child this?
luvlygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:33 AM   #376
fergiesgirl86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i wouldn't leave and i would make it very clear that the problem is HIS, not yours, not your baby's. if HE has problems then HE needs counseling. not you. you are doing what is normal, natural, and wonderful for YOUR CHILD. you are not just flopping it all out for everyone to see and HE was looking at YOU, not you forcing him to see anything at all.

and i wouldn't, be advocating my fellow BFing moms to come to a church in which they wouldn't be welcomed whole heartedly. if they aren't leaning towards church being a good option for them, being criticized by anyone in the church ESP the pastor, for doing something so normal (that someone who goes to that church from a BFing group invited them to!) because 1 person has an issue with self control and keeping his mind out of the gutter.

HE has problems and i'd make that VERY VERY VERY clear to your pastor.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:04 PM   #377
linzbear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by THBVsMama View Post
Mama, I just wanted to show you a couple of pictures that my aunt took of me nursing my little one last weekend at the zoo. We were in public and I was without a cover (do not use one). You cannot see an inch of skin.

What's funny about this picture is you can see way more left boob than right boob

ExtBFing, ERFing, CDing, bedsharing mama to Lucas (2-21-09), Gabriel (4-16-11), Elliot (1-17-14), and loving wife to Rodd
linzbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 09:19 AM   #378
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by linzbear View Post
What's funny about this picture is you can see way more left boob than right boob
I never noticed that. Oops?

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 10:45 PM   #379
cheechako
Registered Users

I am not going to look at all the post but how did Jesus eat??? I don't think Mary had a bottle. So if Mary can nurse Jesus that son of God. I think we should be able to nurse our children too. I don't show my breasts for all to see and if they are looking that is their problem not mine. Breast is normal bottle is not!!
cheechako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 07:11 AM   #380
jcalumna
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
I agree that this is that male's problem and not yours. The pastors need to approach him for some counseling as to why a woman feeding her baby turns him on and they should also suggest him watching church from another room because there could be other women who may choose to nurse in church. A group should not be punished because of one individual.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare378 View Post
Here's what you do:
1. Open Google
2. Type the words "Mary Jesus breastfeeding"
3. Click Search
4. At the top left, click "images"
5. Save a few to your computer
6. Email a few of the pictures to your pastor and ask which one would be appropriate

P.S. If you find one in which Mary's wearing a hooter-hider, please let me know.
Best response ever, mama Clare378!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeachinAuntie View Post

My new facebook avi.

THANKS!
Enough said!