Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 10:57 AM   #31
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Asked not to nurse my son at church b/c...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squig'sMumMum View Post

And for the post above it about causing a member of the church to stumble... Um.. Then he needs to seek counselling with the pastor or a professional therapist. What she is doing should not 'cause him to stumble', regardless of lust issues.
ITA!

Advertisement

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 10:59 AM   #32
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Can't he just sit in front of you so that he can't see you. Seems as though you're already being discreet.

Though you could tell her that you won't sit in the foyer and nurse as people are leaving. Maybe that's a compromise. You could sit in a pew instead so that not everyone walking past would see you.
Old 09-08-2010, 11:02 AM   #33
Superblonde Mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My church has a room specifically for nursing mothers. It has low lighting, 4 glider chairs, a fully stocked changing table (with all size sposies and wipes), and a TV where Moms can watch the service.

Why don't you ask the pastor if he could do you a favor and set someplace like that up, so you'll feel more comfortable passing out literature to your nursing Mom's group? Why would you want to invite them to a church where they are not going to feel welcome? That's stupid.
Superblonde Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:08 AM   #34
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitchell98 View Post
Can't he just sit in front of you so that he can't see you. Seems as though you're already being discreet.

Though you could tell her that you won't sit in the foyer and nurse as people are leaving. Maybe that's a compromise. You could sit in a pew instead so that not everyone walking past would see you.
Well, MOST people were in the sanctuary, packing it up. We bring everything in & they were hauling it all out a back door. So I went out the front door & sat in the mostly deserted lobby. There weren't many people there & most were busy moving things from the upstairs nursery if they did see me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblonde Mom View Post
My church has a room specifically for nursing mothers. It has low lighting, 4 glider chairs, a fully stocked changing table (with all size sposies and wipes), and a TV where Moms can watch the service.

Why don't you ask the pastor if he could do you a favor and set someplace like that up, so you'll feel more comfortable passing out literature to your nursing Mom's group? Why would you want to invite them to a church where they are not going to feel welcome? That's stupid.
While that would be awesome, its not plausible at our current location. We are meeting at The Sandler Center, which is a performing arts studio. The room we meet in is actually a ballet room (wood floor, mirrors, balance bar on the wall). The "private room" she is suggesting I use is on the 2nd floor, literally a five minute walk & an elevator ride away from the sanctuary.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #35
mandasmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

http://www.examiner.com/attachment-p...g-jesuspicture
I love the one of Him holding the orange!

I have a picture above my nightstand of Mary and a toddlerish Jesus. They're looking at each other, and He's got his hand slipped into one of the slits on her dress, like He's just holding on. My DD always liked to hold the other one while nursing...didn't want it getting away!

I think the pastor is totally out of line. That's really ridiculous to ask you to invite breastfeeding mothers but expects them all to cover up.

As to the drinking wine analogy, I don't think it applies. Yes, we should try not to lead others astray or to make them stumble, but nursing your baby is a GOOD thing. Not drinking wine is not good or bad. Nursing is good. Not nursing your baby isn't an option. If he needs to nurse, he needs to nurse. Then and there!

This man needs to have his view of the female body healed. I think that children, especially boys, who grow up seeing women nurse their babies have a healthier and more respectful view of the female body.
mandasmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:11 AM   #36
lovemyliesel
Registered Users
seller

I just can't believe the guy emailed the pastor about it! andas a new person,wow, kinda gutsy!

I don't BF, but you mentioned the hooterhider cover thing isn't an option because he can just pull it off, I've only seen them from afar, but don't they actually tie to your neck?
lovemyliesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:12 AM   #37
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

I wonder if this man really exists... I wonder if it wasn't more like women feeling uncomfortable about their husbands seeing, and someone turned in a complaint about a male being turned on.
Sorry, but I just find it so bizarre that a guy is going to alert the church that he was turned on by a nursing Mom.. I would think he'd be so embarrassed by any unpure thoughts that he'd keep it to himself or seek private counseling maybe.. I don't know.. seems odd.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #38
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemyliesel View Post
I just can't believe the guy emailed the pastor about it! andas a new person,wow, kinda gutsy!

I don't BF, but you mentioned the hooterhider cover thing isn't an option because he can just pull it off, I've only seen them from afar, but don't they actually tie to your neck?
They do, but then they just drape over the baby. My boy is almost 11 months old...he can just pull it up, over, whatever & show the whole world what's going on down there. Also, if he were to come off & sit up quickly, I wouldn't be covered, where-as with my shirt, it just falls down over my breast when he comes off.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:17 AM   #39
*Peanut*
Registered Users
seller
seller

Last edited by *Peanut*; 09-08-2010 at 10:53 PM.
*Peanut* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:18 AM   #40
mommaagain
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clare378 View Post
Here's what you do:
1. Open Google
2. Type the words "Mary Jesus breastfeeding"
3. Click Search
4. At the top left, click "images"
5. Save a few to your computer
6. Email a few of the pictures to your pastor and ask which one would be appropriate

P.S. If you find one in which Mary's wearing a hooter-hider, please let me know.
Love it!
mommaagain is offline   Reply With Quote