Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-08-2010, 05:28 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Time crunch...WWYD?

Ok, so I am 5cm and have been for weeks, so nothing exciting there. 70% + effaced last Tuesday with a very low and favorable/ripe cervix. Lily is super low, and you can literally feel her head like knuckle deep, TMI I know. U/S showed her to be around 5lbs4oz at 35wks, with great fluid levels. Now for the tricky part. DH has a VA/Med appt he HAS to be in ND for on the 27th of this month, during my 39th week, I am due the 3rd of Oct. So, he is coming here to CA next week, until around the 24th. I started EPO orally a few days ago, but am going to up the dose. If it were you, would you go ahead and start with the twice a day internally as well? I am going to start on my ball in a few days, and up my walking as well (already walk about 4 miles a day.) I KNOW that it really won't make that much of a difference, if my body isn't ready, it won't do anything. But DH and I will be DTD like addicts, like normal as well, LOL. I am also considering a membrane sweep around 38wks. I REALLY don't want DH to miss the birth, since I have Unassisted Homebirths, I really want him here, obviously. Would you try to jumpstart things, and if so, is there anything I am missing? My other two kiddos were born at 40+wks, but weren't this "ready" at this stage in my pg either. Ugh, I hate feeling like I am against a wall, LOL.

AmeliasMum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Time crunch...WWYD?

Nothing wrong with jumpstarting "trying!" But baby is gonna come when baby wants to show! I understand about needing/wanting DH there but in your case having UA births it is more of a need.... Good luck!
Married to a real life Prince Charming
Ultra conservative hippy saved by grace
A thrifty housewife is better than a great income
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:22 PM   #3
Registered Users
Formerly: MadreJoyce
My Mood:

Are you already doing RRL tea? That will help focus your contractions better, and can help prevent excessive bleeding post.
Willow <3Wife & <3Mom of 4, CNA, Birth Doula, WAHM, FT Student, Founder Of SBSNC
Before the mountains were born, before you gave birth to the earth and the world, from beginning to end, you are God. -Psalm 90:2 NLV
IT'S A GIRL! #5 Arriving Aug 2014
*Willow* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 08:41 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

I don't think there is anything wrong with you trying to start it..I would have my membranes sweeped at 38 wks too...I would do anything to keep DH from missing it if it were me...
Homeschooling mother of four
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote