Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 07:36 PM   #1
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Can we just stop vaccinations on DD?

DD is due for her 6 month shots tomorrow. She was supposed to get them Monday but I put them off because she had a fever from teething. Then I just didn't go in today. So I should take her in tomorrow for them. DH says to just not take her and that she doesn't need them. I'm torn. Can we just stop giving her vaccinations when she's gotten them all on time so far?

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 07:37 PM   #2
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: Can we just stop vaccinations on DD?

Yes, as her parents, you are free to make that decision. Just because she's had one (or five) doesn't mean she has to have more.
Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:39 PM   #3
averysmom
Registered Users

Yes you can. It won't hurt her a bit. I certainly would NOT take her running any fever whatsoever. If her immune system is down from fever then she is more likely to have a reaction. I'd wait it our for a few weeks to make sure she's feeling "A-okay" before I took her in.
Avery Grace 8-17-05 Autumn Rose my HBAC baby 2-9-10 EXPECTING #4 sometime in Sept. 2012 Planning my second homebirth!!
averysmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:40 PM   #4
jesshb
Registered Users
seller

WSS.

I'm not sure where you live, but you may be able to get a philosophical exemption for further vaccinations....the only reason you would need to continue is if you plan to enroll your child in school. Then you would need a philosophical/religious/or medical exemption...each state allows or doesn't allow certain exemptions.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:41 PM   #5
shannon658
Registered Users
seller

Of course you can stop giving vaccines. I guess your husband is right that she doesn't "need" them now, but what happens when an unvaxed student in her class at school, or the pediatrician's office, or the airplane comes back from a trip to family trip to Africa with smallpox?
shannon658 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #6
hilaryisinked
Spring Into a New Avi 2015 Winner
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon658 View Post
Of course you can stop giving vaccines. I guess your husband is right that she doesn't "need" them now, but what happens when an unvaxed student in her class at school, or the pediatrician's office, or the airplane comes back from a trip to family trip to Africa with smallpox?
The smallpox vaccine isn't something everyone gets so she would most likely contract it no matter what. My DH got the smallpox vaccine in boot camp and it was brutal.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:46 PM   #7
Colleeny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We did just that. My son had a severe allergic reaction at about 18 months old...just days after receiving a few injections, including a flu vax. The Drs. and nurses at the ER all told me it was some blood disease...and totally denied that it could be vaccine related. We had to wait in the ER for hours and hours from 3-8 a.m with our little swollen baby. His lips were cracking from being so swollen, he was drooling, and his eyes were almost shut.

From that day on...I stopped. I found out from another pediatrician that YES it was related to the vaccines. I started to research and took a class on vaccinations! YES, I took a class online, and learned about all of the diseases that we are supposed to be preventing. But, low and behold we have other ways to handle this. It does not have to be vaccination or the highway. There are natural ways to boost the immune system, and fight off disease.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
Leah52
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannon658 View Post
Um, smallpox hasn't been a routine vaccination since 1972 when the disease was eradicated from the US. If you are exposed you have to go in and have the vaccine administered then.
Old 09-08-2010, 07:53 PM   #9
luckymum
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomer View Post
Yes, as her parents, you are free to make that decision. Just because she's had one (or five) doesn't mean she has to have more.
Mama knows best
Old 09-08-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
Oropeza13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryisinked View Post
DD is due for her 6 month shots tomorrow. She was supposed to get them Monday but I put them off because she had a fever from teething. Then I just didn't go in today. So I should take her in tomorrow for them. DH says to just not take her and that she doesn't need them. I'm torn. Can we just stop giving her vaccinations when she's gotten them all on time so far?
Wish my DH would do that! He pressured me...I wasn't comfortable with vaxing. I would do some research on the vaxing/non vaxing and then follow your gut feeling! Also can come up with some ground evidence to DH on why you feel you don't want to vax. Unfortunatley our military men are hardwired on those vaccines! Oh, and I do hear there is a book out there that tells you how to "delay" vaccines and what is and is not really necessary. Goodluck mama!

TTC
Oropeza13 is offline   Reply With Quote