Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-08-2010, 08:34 PM   #1
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Kids and running

My almost 5 year old wants to start going jogging with me.
Is there a certain distance I should let her go then stop or just let her go til she tuckers out? I'll have the stoller for YDD so can bring plenty of water.
Should I check with her ped. before starting?

ODD has ADHD as well as SPD so I am wondering if it might be good to try this so she can burn off some of her energy.

Any tips?

Advertisement

Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 PM   #2
mama2jack
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Kids and running

I say if she wants to go for it. I would start off with shorter distances or go somewhere with a track so you don't get stuck somewhere with a tuckered out kid who does not want to run or walk anymore.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:07 PM   #3
mycdsqueaker
Registered Users
Formerly: juliasmom92905
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
I say if she wants to go for it. I would start off with shorter distances or go somewhere with a track so you don't get stuck somewhere with a tuckered out kid who does not want to run or walk anymore.
Ooooo good idea. Maybe just staying in our development too is a good idea.
Old 09-08-2010, 09:34 PM   #4
SillyLily
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have been thinking of taking my 6 year old DD jogging with me. I am really slow (I am way overweight right now), and do more walking than jogging, and I am pushing a double stroller, so I am sure she can keep up (she could probably go further than I can!).
Like to travel? Travel deals referral link.
SillyLily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 11:23 PM   #5
smashncakes
Registered Users
Formerly: bren***this
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama2jack View Post
Not sure what they're like where you are, but around here the local high schools usually have the track around the football field open for the public to use pretty much anytime in the summer and limited hours during the school year due to events and such...we go to the track to walk with DD in the stroller, DS walks/runs with us until he gets tired, then he goes and plays in the endzone area of the football field if there's not a practice or game going on & not many people are there (because he's only 4.5)...its a big enough area that he can run around or chase bugs or just lay there and do whatever...or he can go the track & field area & dig in the sand that's in the long jump area, but close enough that we can see him the whole time. The track/field at DH's old high school has a small playground with a sandbox, short slide, low tire swing, and playhouse built by the woodshop class...there's one on each side of the track.