Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:27 AM   #1
reithegenki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I may have lost my mind.

I very suddenly realized that it has been a year since I have gotten my hair done (or trimmed, or roots done, or anything) It made me really, unreasonably depressed. I adore my stylist, but I cannot afford to go to McDonald's right now let alone the hair salon...

and so... naturally...

I cut my own hair. On impulse. With fabric scissors.

DH says it is even and looks very cute, but I am a little worried he is just trying to keep me from going all loony and shaving my head!

So... opinions....? Be honest! Do I need to emergency call my aunt the ex-hairdresser tomorrow?

Untitled by ReitheGenki, on Flickr

Anyone else do anything totally random and potentially disastrous (probably) because of pregnancy hormones?

Advertisement

Life is good.
reithegenki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:31 AM   #2
BerryBlues
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I may have lost my mind.

The hubs is correct. It looks even, and very nice. Great job with your hair! Sometimes we just need a change to stay sane.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 AM   #3
SazBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Holy cow, looks great to me!! I could never do that good of a job on my own head!!! I'm in a similar boat- last time I got my hair cut was Nov 2008 when I chopped it off and donated it. I can't believe it's not even been 2 years and it's already grown long enough to be miserable and want to chop-n-donate again! I can't shell out enough to eat at McDonalds on the value menu... luckily some places will cut hair for free if you're donating... I need to look into getting it done... otherwise it's DH to cut, and the one and only time I let him do it, it was a disaster!!

Great job!!!
Old 09-09-2010, 07:04 AM   #4
Hunny Bunny Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: KalleS
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well, I think it looks fabulous! You would never know you did it yourself. I am loathe to try to do anything at all to my own hair, but my mom always cuts & colors her own & looks great! Save where you can!!!!!!

Oh, and yes, we all do crazy hormonal things....it's all part of the party when your preggo
Old 09-09-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
bananasfoster
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think it looks nice, I can't see the back to see how even that is but the bangs are adorable. Good Job!

So far I have resisted the impulse to do anything too crazy, though my mom and MIL think I am totally bonkers for trying to CD, so maybe that counts?

Chiropractor by day, Wife ,and Mommy to to DD (10/10) and DS 03/15
bananasfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:00 AM   #6
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Nice!! It looks fab! I cut dd's hair and that's about as impulsive as I've gotten on that front, although I might have my mom take a whack at mine (literally) when she comes to visit the baby. My only silly thing is my incessant mint addiction--eating a whole bag in one day, on multiple days, is not really a good idea
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:06 AM   #7
TiffanyAnn
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Looks great! I could never pull of bangs like that but it looks super cute on you!

...I feel you on not being able to afford to get your hair done. We had it in the budget to get it done last week (cut and color) but had to scratch it b/c things got too tight...I even had to postpone my yearly contact lense exam until after baby comes ( Anyway, I'm considering maybe hilighting my hair myself? I figure that is safer than dying it while pregnant although dying is the safer route as far as my hair goes....I'm nervous about hilighting it myself, but I need to do something and I can't afford to go have it done right now and I don't want to go dark. Ugh.

TiffanyAnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 09:13 AM   #8
Jaxence
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

So cute Reanna...I love the bangs on you...You made me think about my hair...DD2 was 8 months old when I cut mine last....so it has been a year...time to get chopping...
Mommy to DS#1 R/8 DD#1 A/6 DD#2 R/4 and DS#2 D/2
Jaxence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:39 AM   #9
jessesgirl
Registered Users
Formerly: jesses
seller

My Mood:

It looks great!!!

I went for the first time in a year and got mine cut, then made the appt to come back and color. Realizing how many other things I could spend that $100 on, I canceled the dye appt, went to sally's and colored it myself for $10.

Mine was bad. 1/2 my head was copper and 1/2 was brownish-grey LOL it had to be done to PRESeRVE my sanity!

Visit Jaleigh Bean Bowtique on the WAHM boards! Also, visit my fan page!
jessesgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #10
ctj101502
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Just the bangs? You cant go wrong, looks like you nailed it!
BTW I am in the same boat, LOVE my stylist, but no longer in the budget, never left her spending LESS THAN $130 each time... So the hair is in a pony all the time and now my real color is back! thankful I am not getting grays yet, but that will come anyday I am sure!
Can't forget my 6 lil blessings!!!
ctj101502 is offline   Reply With Quote