Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 12:41 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Thursday!!!

Advertisement

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 09-09-2010 at 12:42 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post
Holy chatters!! I'm trying to keep up, but jeez

Love the pics in the beginning of the thread! Nice gloves, Janine. I love them.

Congrats on your little Princess, Adelle! I can't see any balls, or cord....so I would be a bit more than 80% it's a girl

I'm about to have a breakdown over Violet's eating...or lack of eating I should say. She has gone on some sort of strike and I don't know what to do It's so frustrating. She used to eat great, but now she won't even eat her favorites, like avocado and grilled cheese. The only thing I can get her to eat is breakfast of sausage and toast, or pancakes....and melons....THAT's IT!! She won't eat anything for lunch, or dinner. She take a few bites, then starts throwing it on the floor. I offer her several different things at each meal and she won't eat any of it. I don't know if this is a normal thing for her age, or if I should be really concerned. She is nursing at night and in the morning only and I'm having to give her vanilla toddler formula during the day after she refuses her meals. I just don't know what to do.
Don't worry about it too much. Toddlers can be fussy eaters but also dont keep topping up with milk or formula will only teach her she doesn't need food to not be hungry. She really needs to feel hungry to eat. Babies aren't like us when it comes to food. They only eat until they are full/not hungry... where we eat because food tastes good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
I never posted my woolie wednesday pics earlier -it's never too late

Malcolm and I at the farmers' market over the weekend -my brother, sister and I all wore this same knit hat too

Tasting his first icecream at the Hymers Fall Fair on Monday (it's an agricultural fair). ETA: he's in mama-made recycled manpris
Love the family hat, cute pics!
Malcolm is just so sweet any you too of course Becca.

Quote:
Thanks Cheryl...I'm not going to worry about it anymore. It's making me crazy. I'm so afraid something is going to happen to her I am done with everything being so difficult with her
She is ok Melissa. I get the feel of fear though. My last 2 babies did that to me. I spent the first year of Cami's life terrified that she was going to die, I lived with that every day. Fynn was worse. I was terrified he was going to die before he was born and then with him being so sick at birth I spent a lot of time worrying about everything with him. I'm still very careful with him.....even today I wouldn't let Heiner put him in a shopping cart (he always gets sick if when goes in one without a cover) because I didnt have our cover with us. I hope I'll need to worry less as he gets older.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
Oh and Lydia at her worst will eat anything I feed her with chopsticks.....I have no idea why!
That's funny but our kids are the same too...I can knit and crochet but I can't eat with chopsticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
dh MADE dinner...i have done nothing but nurse a baby and 1 load of dishes
Nothing wrong with that. Heiner made dinner yesterday too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macyllehub View Post
knitting knitting knitting............................. Oh how I love the autumn!
Me too, I love the wind and the rain, the changing colours around me....even the air is different!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
I am exhausted!

Work got really hectic so I had to work til 5pm instead of 1pm. Then I had to rush and cook dinner. We also baked some pb sugar cookies in heart shapes After the MESS in the kitchen I had to scrub the floor on my hands and knees like Cinderella It was SUCH a mess. But oh well, the kids had fun. After I scrubbed off the floor I mopped it regularly. Took the kids to the yard and ran them ragged, came in, cleaned their room, gave them a bath, we snuggled and read, tucked them into bed and finally caught up
But now I have to go. I have a load of laundry to fold and I'm tired so Im hitting the bed early tonight.

Nite all!

Morning Janine :wave2:
Wow, that was a full day!

Good morning Tania!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
OMG Ginger did the same thing...ALL of it...for the longest time. I could not impress upon her not to strip down for poop. Even in public bathroom stalls and everything. She only started wiping herself (meaning doing it on her own and not asking me to) about a month ago.

Now both girls are going through a phase of forgetting to flush and I hope they aren't doing that at school too.
mine do that all the time here too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
MH is having a big yay-yay dance session and DH is singing to the CD for her. I am happy to see him rediscover his passion for powwow dancing and drumming again.

Janine, I just remembered you asked me about MIL and school. She did not go beyond 3rd grade to formal school because she would have had to leave at grade 4 and not return until after she graduated high school. During her generation many families hid a child from the BIA (Bureau of Indian Affairs) and kept them from "white man" schools. They stayed home and learned the Navajo Traditions. So she has no "formal" education but it very well versed in Navajo traditions. She knows the entire weaving process from sheering to weaving including double faced rugs (each side of the rug has a completely different pattern and it is not double thickness). She knows all the plants and their uses including how to dye the wool all the colors. The knows all the medicinal uses for the plants and herbs that grow here. She knows the ceremonies and when and how to use them. These are all things that she it attempting to share with her children and grandchildren so it does not die with her. I always tell Jerry to never be embarrassed that she does not have a formal education...she has PhD in what is important and sacred to her people.

I need to get MH to bed.
ABSOLUTELY!!!! A formal education is only good if it's useful to you. She needed the things she learn much more than the square route of pie.

Quote:
Well since I dont speak Navajo and she doesn't speak English...I cant so much write it down . Jerry has talked to her about taping her. She is ok with that and they will probably start this fall with that.
Sounds fantastic, the tapes will be very valuable to Jerry, MH and any grandchildren that the future holds for you.

Quote:
Morning Janine!
Good morning Jen!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
oh no M3! did they felt?

I should probably head to bed too. Goodnight everyone! and Good morning Janine
Good morning Becca!

Quote:
Wow!! I had to do a double take...she looks just like V!!

Oh, the shorties are totally ruined. They shrunk, felted and are all pilly
Oh NO! Someone here did that to Fynn's first pair of footies from Becky

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftysmith View Post
Good morning, Janine!
Good morning Tif!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preggo View Post

I'm going to make these tomorrow
http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Banana-...ch/Detail.aspx
although I just don't really like walnuts. May sub in pecans.

Ooooo yummy!!!

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 09-09-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:49 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Got to run but I'll fix my post when I get back

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 09-09-2010 at 03:56 AM.
Old 09-09-2010, 03:56 AM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still getting the numbers...but only here so it's nothing to do with my computer.

I've edited them out of my posts here.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:37 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I can say it....Fynn is officially a walking baby!!!

He gets up in the middle of the room and walks to where he wants to go. He carries things with him and he doesn't fall after 4 steps anymore. He makes it from one side of the living room to the other without falling most of the time too.
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 AM   #6
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Fynn!!!!
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 05:41 AM   #7
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

hi Janine!!!

YAY for Fynn being an official walking baby!

I've managed to shower, get dressed, wake up Jess and get him dressed and fed and then he decided he wanted to pack his lunch today so I got that done and now we're headed to the bus. I have NO idea how this is all going to work once I go back to work. Glad that it isn't for a while so I have time to figure it out. LOL
Old 09-09-2010, 05:58 AM   #8
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

well, I was putting J on the bus and for the 3rd morning in a row this chick almost drove thru the bus' red lights. The bus driver kept her red lights on long enough for me to get a plate # and I turned her in to the State Police. CRAZINESS..... I'm so tired of people driving wrecklessly on this road.
Old 09-09-2010, 06:02 AM   #9
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Erin sorry for the bus scare.

Morning Janine...and Go Fynn Go!

Morning Tania.

I am up, MH is nummy nummy-ing and then I need to shower. Long day ahead for me. I have a meeting after school. I am changing dinner to spaghetti which Jerry can easily make for MH and himself.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:05 AM   #10
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yikes, Erin. I'd be turning her in too

I need to do some SERIOUS cleaning today, this place is yucky
I also need to track down my planner, with my lessons and TM in it, that I left at church last night Hopefully it's easy to find.
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote