Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 03-03-2007, 11:14 AM   #1
ophelia2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I'm so torn...

the main reason we CD is to contain runny BF poos. Now that my YDD is eating solids, her poos are too. So I keep thinking about sposies...so conveinent. Less laundry. Less to tote back and forth to daycare.

But I love the cuteness of CDs. And I've spent a lot of money on them! Especially all my embroidered BPs. But I can't hepl but think how much $ I could recoup and then spend on cute clothes.

I dunno what to do.

Advertisement

Old 03-03-2007, 11:18 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: I'm so torn...

I went back to sposies a few months back - and have no regrets. Sometimes I miss the cuteness. But, honestly - I like it so much better.

She is going to be PTing soon, and I am going to buy a few cloth trainers.

Good luck making your decision!
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:19 AM   #3
allye
Technicial girl extraordinaire
seller

My Mood:

I think if sposies will work for you then I would go for them...but if you still want cd, maybe cd at home and use sposies at daycare?

Allye:: Mama to 5 ::
allye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:21 AM   #4
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

Take a break from CDs for a few days, maybe a week. Make sure they're living up to your expectations of convenience, and not going to cause you any problems with rash and leaking, etc. Even if you decide to go that route, don't be in a big hurry to sell off your stash until you're really sure sposies are going to work for you. And don't forget to figure the cost of the sposies in your decision.

I'm only suggesting that you don't make a quick decision that you can't go back on, not telling you which kind of dipe you should use.
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 AM   #5
mommypatton521
Banned
seller

My Mood:

We don't allow sposies in the house and I told dh not to let me buy sposies. So this is deifnately a commitment I binded into LOL

do what works for you mama
mommypatton521 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:39 AM   #6
Kelolsen-and-Padawan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I took a break over the holidays b/c we were so busy w/ guests and such and at first I thought, "this is easier". then, I realized that the money I spent on CDs would be wasted if I didn't use these until they didn't fit anymore and I also missed seeing his cute butt in CDs. I also felt guilty about all the trash.

What about G-diapers? That way, you could use sposies, only have the covers to wash, and still feel good about the enviornment?
Old 03-03-2007, 11:50 AM   #7
ophelia2002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Taking a break is a good suggestion. I'm so "all or nothing" minded, I didn't even think of that.
Old 03-03-2007, 12:03 PM   #8
meco
Registered Users

I personally would not consider sposies because of their environemental impact. And for my baby's comfort (I know I will never use plastic pads or anything after finding cloth so I figure my babe would feel the same way). I think cloth is as convenient as disposables (if not more at times. How cool is it to never have to make a store run for diapers?).

You can just dump solid poos, which makes is pretty easy still and eliminates the step of rinising BF poo. So I would vote to stick with CDing. I think a break always helps.

But I think you should do what works for you and your baby.

An interesting article
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl...n60/ai_6642692
"This unsanitary practice of commingling untreated sewage and solid waste in landfills - of dumping raw sewage directly into the environment should raise eyebrows among more than those whose job it is to oversee the public health. Material waste is yet another consequence of reliance on single-use diapers. From the time a single-use diaper is put on a baby, it may have a useful life of a few hours at most. Since there is no other application of the single-use diaper, use of this product in the U.S. alone wastes nearly 100,000 tons of plastic' and 800,000 tons of pulp derived from trees.[9]"
meco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:10 PM   #9
dbassett
Registered Users

Taking a break is a good idea. I personally would end up CDing again because I know the smell of sposies makes me gag (I took some out awhile ago to measure them) and I'm too lazy to want to walk to a garbage to throw it away lol. Seriously, there's also some restaurants (like if I know there isn't a change table in the bathroom) that I just change him on the floor next to my seat...I'd HATE to have to go looking for a garbage.

DO what you're most comfortable with and have no regrets. I personally don't suggest the g Diapers route tho as I've tried them and hated them. JMO though.
I have feedback here of course as well as here
dbassett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:20 PM   #10
NatureandNurture
Registered Users
Formerly: Falls-Acre
seller

I did the same as MommyPatton521, I don't even let 'sposies in the house. But then we are still EBF, and I have not yet had to deal with solid poo, so who am I to offer advice? I have thought about this though and figured I'd try the flushable liners as a compromise between CD and convenience.

Taking a break is a good idea I think, or doing CD at home and 'sposies at daycare. The most important thing though is to do what you feel comfortable doing, no matter what anyone says.

Amiguramist extraordinaire!
http://hyenacart.com/NatureandNurture/
NatureandNurture is offline   Reply With Quote