Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:43 AM   #1
Skittle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Look CO moms (esp COS) Free Placenta Encapsulation

Hi Ladies

I am a birth doula and postpartum doula in Colorado Springs and added Placenta Encapsulation to my services.

Here is more information from my website:
Placenta is an amazing organ that develops when a woman becomes pregnant. It absorbs nutrients from mom's blood to nourish the developing baby.

In most cases the placenta is disposed with other hospital waste after the baby's birth. It's a sad thing considering that contains vitamins, minerals, and hormones such as Prostaglandins, Estrogen, Progesterone, Prolactin, Oxytocin, and Corticotropin-Releasing Hormone (CRH) that could benefit mom in the postpartum period.

The sudden drop of hormones after the birth can trigger anemia, "Baby Blues", and postpartum depression By eating the placenta, mom is re-introducing those vitamins, minerals and hormones into her own system.

What method do you follow for placenta encapsulation?
I use the "raw method" which means that the placenta will not be steamed before it is dehydrated. Using this method will ensure the hormons and enzymes are freshest without directly eating the placenta. After the placenta is dehydrated, it will be ground into a powder, and encapsulated. Women who used this method reported a huge energy burst.

Benefits of Placentophagia (consumption of placenta)
* help with involution of uterus
* quicker recovery after birth
* increase in energy
* increased production of breast milk
* deceased bleeding/lochia.
* decreased likelihood of baby blues and post natal depression
* decreased likelihood of iron deficiency
* decreased likelihood of insomnia or sleep disorders

Please contact me for more details. I'm offering this service for free at this time so I hope it's ok if I post it here. If you don't want the capsules and just want to donate your placenta, that's great too.

Advertisement

Old 12-16-2011, 11:16 AM   #2
horst
Registered Users

Re: Look CO moms (esp COS) Free Placenta Encapsulation

I wanted see how soon you could do my placenta. Delivered yesterday. Are you still offering free service? Please contact Amy. 719-686-3724
horst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #3
sarahhhnicole
Registered Users

I wish I was pregnant! I really wanted to do this but I didnt have the money to do so with my daughter.
sarahhhnicole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
bringitbby
Registered Users

Location: Currently stationed at ft. carson, co. Originally from houston, tx
My Mood:

Hello, I just came across your thread I know its an old one but I wanted to see if you still offer this service? I recently heard about Placenta Encapsulation and really curious about trying it. I will be delivering in a hospital so I don't know how to go about taking my placenta home or having someone pick it up to have it done. Can you give me more info about this and if you still do this? THANKS! Please Email me at b.franceschi@yahoo.com or send me a msg THANKS Again!

Last edited by bringitbby; 04-02-2013 at 10:56 AM.
bringitbby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 04:27 AM   #5
USNsis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bringitbby View Post
Hello, I just came across your thread I know its an old one but I wanted to see if you still offer this service? I recently heard about Placenta Encapsulation and really curious about trying it. I will be delivering in a hospital so I don't know how to go about taking my placenta home or having someone pick it up to have it done. Can you give me more info about this and if you still do this? THANKS! Please Email me at b.franceschi@yahoo.com or send me a msg THANKS Again!
If she can't do it, I was beyond pleased with the midwife/doula who did mine - Desirre Andrews of prepforbirth.com! Not free, but totally reasonable.