Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
taikkw5
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Need ideas please!

Now that my son has started Kindergarten he is no longer here for my almost 2-year-old DD to play with. She misses her brother so much during the day and I miss him being able to play with her and distract her while I'm nursing or taking care of my 3-month-old. I am having a very hard time adjusting to this. My DD is a very rambunctious child and right now is driving me a little nuts! Don't get me wrong, I love my little girl to death, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how to balance everything right now and I'm kind of at a loss with how to play with her, too. I feel like I've lost my child at heart somewhere along the way.

So I'm looking for different ideas of things to do with her during the day to play with her. Ideas of things I can have her do while I'm nursing and trying to get my baby to sleep so that she's not constantly interrupting the nursing (like she tries to climb on him or she'll rub his head and then poke him in the eye) and waking him up. TIA!

Advertisement

WAHM behind Something Sweet Knits YYMN spots available!
Find me on Facebook! Something Sweet Knits
taikkw5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #2
TanajaPerry
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Need ideas please!

when my daughter was 2 i got her thouse big coloring things that are shaped like animals. know what i'm talking about? they're made by crayon. she'd color forever with those. so maybe that's an idea while you nurse? or maybe a special show you can watch together. or pretend play with dolls. my daughter thought and still thinks that that is the most hilarious thing she has ever seen in her life. homemade playdoe. blocks. play cooking.

my daughter is also very rambunctious as well so i completely understand how you can suddenly be thrown off your rocker. outside play helps us out the most. i just let her run and run til her heart is content.

hope this helps!

new blog. come visit me!
http://mainlybraids.blogspot.com
TanajaPerry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:06 AM   #3
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

Re: Need ideas please!

maybe durring nursing time make that your story time w/ her? Do you babywear? That may be easier to play w/ DD if your wearing the youngin in maybe a maitai. That worked for me when DS was small. I will be having the same issue i am sure when this LO is born. DS is a pretty good mellow kid though, and is content playing on his own for awhile. hopefully that doesnt change when the baby is born!
Have you considered finding a play group in the area with other moms and young children? I may consider hosting one at my home come time when i am on mat leave and working less.

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote