Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Sleep deprived
Registered Users

help me decide - stroller waffling

Ok, here's the deal: I have (and love) a Quinny Zapp, but I am thinking of upgrading to a Micralite Superlite because we're going to Prague (business) in a few weeks, and are likely to need to be out there regularly therafter.

The Zapp is well-loved. It's starting to have brake issues - the brake slides down to the "braked" position while strolling, causing a rattling noise that I find really annoying. The only way to make it stop is to engage and disengage the brakes. (I'm hoping this is fixable - it looks like it ought to be.) However, I am pretty sure the Zapp is not going to stand up to the heavy cobblestones of downtown Prague. The Superlite is roughly similar to the Zapp in terms of lightweight, compactness, and portability, which is important to us as a travelling family, but has the air tires to better handle rough terrain.

Were we going only for vacation, I might take only the Ergo and just take turns with my husband carrying the kid. However, both my husband and I need to work, and so our nanny is coming with us. She will have the munchkin during the day. I'd rather she have the flexibility to wander farther unencumbered, since the goal is for her to keep him out of the hotel room while I am trying to work.

I'm torn though - the Micralites are pricey, and I am not sure how much longer he'll use a stroller. He's 19 months now. I keep trying to find one on craigslist or Ebay, but without much luck. It's not like we couldn't afford to buy new (I just prefer not) and I guess I could always re-sell it. So what do you all think? Tough it out until he's willing to walk more than a couple blocks? Get a new stroller?

Advertisement

Sleep deprived is offline   Reply With Quote