Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 04:14 PM   #1
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help quick! Spots question

I made a mistake. Dd was distracting me and I put the price of the yarn inthe BIN as $4 instead of $43. Here is a listing:

http://hyenacart.com/prod_details.ph...126&vid=200001

Obviously I don't want to give this away FFS. $43 is an awesome price for this yarn! However, the mama doesn't think she owes me more. Here is our correspondence:

Me: Hello! I see that you just purchased the MM Royal Hunt yarn that I just listed; however, I made an error and listed it for just $4 when it was supposed to be $43(as it states in the title). If you would still like the yarn, you can send the remaining balance of $39 to ...... If not, I understand and will relist it. I'm so sorry, my dd was crawling all over me when I was doing that! I didn't even notice until after you hit BIN. Thanks, and just LMK!

Her: I dont understand, you want $39 more? I already bought it, you cant change the price.

Me: I didn't change the price. It states $43 in title. I did not intend to sell it for $4, this is 10 ounces of yarn. If you don't want it, just LMK and I will refund you the $4 you have paid. I made a mistake, I appologize.

Her: No I do want it, otherwise I wouldnt have bought it. But you should honor your listings.

How do I respond? I consider myself a generous person, but I'm selling some stuff to buy NB stuff! Plus, I think it's quite clear that the price is $43, not $4!

Advertisement

Mom23kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:17 PM   #2
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help quick! Spots question

And if it was me, I would totally let the mama know about the mistake and pay the remaining amount!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:23 PM   #3
fish3737
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Hugs!!!

Did she already pay?

I messed up on a listing price once too - it was supposed to be $90 and it came out $0.

It was bought in like seconds - I had another mama email me to let me know that she thought I made a mistake. Which was really nice. I had another mama buy it.

I sent an email explaining what happened and apologized. I didn't hear back either way.

I don't know what the "official" policy is.

Just wanted to let you know you aren't alone.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:24 PM   #4
kkalltheway
Registered Users

Give her a refund. You put the price in the title and the buyer saw your mistake and is trying to take advantage of the situation. Not very nice
Old 09-09-2010, 04:35 PM   #5
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yes, she paid immediately. I'm pregnant and don't need this stress! I think I will just refund, this isn't going to be good and I explained my side already and she doesn't seem honest if she thinks she can get 10 ounces of yarn for $4!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:44 PM   #6
Mom23kids
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I just refunded and relisted. This will probably get me negative feedback, but seriously, I can't lose $40 on an obvious mistake!
Old 09-09-2010, 04:51 PM   #7
tygr2410
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

u did the right thing, that mama was trying to take advantage..sheesh..you said your dd was climbing on you, does she not have kids too and has never made a mistake?

i also think you can contact hyenacart about feedback and save correspondence just incase
Old 09-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #8
BuggaBuggaBoutique
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Momma to 4 girls and one boy! Smoke Free, Pet Friendly Home!
BuggaBuggaBoutique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #9
LauraJane429
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it's any consolation, I would have refunded her the $4, too. She definitely knew what happened and was being rude about it. If she leaves you negative feedback, so be it - not the end of the world, though pretty stinky.
Old 09-09-2010, 04:54 PM   #10
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkalltheway View Post
Give her a refund. You put the price in the title and the buyer saw your mistake and is trying to take advantage of the situation. Not very nice