Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:21 PM   #221
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers •WIP• 9.10.2010

DH just came home from work and turned on the AC..to 62 :brrrr: I can't STAND it. I am going to take it out when he is at work next.

Advertisement

Old 09-10-2010, 10:30 PM   #222
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaddle View Post
That is pricey!

I've never felt Marr Haven. What is it like?
I have no idea, I've never been able to afford it or snag it. I should do a tester dye buy. Just take what the marr haven cost me plus STM and STY and then people can try out some Marr Haven. My LYS stocked Jaquard dyes just for me. So I have access to 26 colors. I have Russet, Chartruese, Brown, and Pumpkin Orange that I want to do a fall colorway with. I think I will get some gray fisherman's wool tomorrow at Hobby lobby to test it on. See how it looks. Then I have prochem jet black, sun yellow, magenta, bright orange, brilliant blue, and forest green. I want to get some more blues, gray/silver, and some pinks. And red. And all of them

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:37 PM   #223
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
DH just came home from work and turned on the AC..to 62 :brrrr: I can't STAND it. I am going to take it out when he is at work next.
Brrrrrr! Sounds like my DH. He gets so warm so easily and I am the exact opposite. I freeze really easily!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:57 PM   #224
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

At first the Marr Haven that comes direct from them feels kinda bristly, nubbly and rough and you think we must have all lost our flipping minds but it is very minimally processed coming from them...but after washing/soaking/dyeing it fluffs up and softens and you just go....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I gettttt itttttt!!! LOL and it gets better every time you wash it again!
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:11 PM   #225
tanabanana81
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
At first the Marr Haven that comes direct from them feels kinda bristly, nubbly and rough and you think we must have all lost our flipping minds but it is very minimally processed coming from them...but after washing/soaking/dyeing it fluffs up and softens and you just go....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I gettttt itttttt!!! LOL and it gets better every time you wash it again!
Yes to all that, but I wanted to add, that I think it has magic in it. It doesn't seem like it would all that great, but its so rustic looking, and its sproingy and it softens your hands for you as you knit (lots of lanolin in it) but its not soft like Malabrigo or BFL. So I don't understand why I have a love affair with it. I'll be ordering about 3lbs of Marr Haven on the 25th. 2lbs of it will be made into cabled longies for my 8 yr old.
tanabanana81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:14 PM   #226
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanabanana81 View Post
Yes to all that, but I wanted to add, that I think it has magic in it. It doesn't seem like it would all that great, but its so rustic looking, and its sproingy and it softens your hands for you as you knit (lots of lanolin in it) but its not soft like Malabrigo or BFL. So I don't understand why I have a love affair with it. I'll be ordering about 3lbs of Marr Haven on the 25th. 2lbs of it will be made into cabled longies for my 8 yr old.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 PM   #227
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

It is amazingly squishy, like you sink into it after its all fluffed up and soft.....I like to just squeeze the heck out of Ellie's skirted longies made with it.
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:20 AM   #228
ShyViolet
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELC Knits View Post
Well, Mystic was 15, Jazzy was 9 when they passed. Anthony was the only one who hadnt been born.
OMG I can't imagine. I had 2 MC's but it's not the same as losing a live child.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
That's so pretty

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetTandPickles View Post
Julia- those are TDF!

Ashley- I haven't stopped throwing up for hours...I'm so tired of this. it's every day, just different times of the day or mostly, night. I can't even sleep b/c I keep running to the bathroom. All my kids and DH are at his mom's and I CAN'T SLEEP!!! I feel awful. Sorry for the patheticness (thinking that is not a word ).....I called the Dr. at 4-something to request Zofran or Phenergan only to find out they close at 4 on Fridays....I've been going to them for 12 yrs...how did I not know that....

And this is the weekend, and we leave for the beach Tues morning......
hope you start feeling better. My sister was sick her entire pregnancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesaddle View Post
That is pricey!

I've never felt Marr Haven. What is it like?
I don't like to knit with Marr Haven at all but it looks really nice in the skein I'll bring some for you to pet next Friday.

I haven't gotten much knitting done today, just while reading the thread, but I got a couple colorways dyed will post pics once they are dry.

My parents were here all week visiting and then they are flying back to Europe tomorrow and I won't see them again until Christmas. It was really nice to see them, it feels like they never left but it went by way too fast.

As for all the name talk, mine are Aliya Jade and Nathan Scott. We had a really hard time picking a name for Aliya. I liked Amelia and DH liked Aliya and I finally gave in but I picked her middle name and I love it. She's not named after anyone. We also couldn't agree on a name for Nathan (I mentioned before that I liked Evan and he liked Ethan) and then I liked Jared but DH didn't like that one either. I finally came up with Nathan out of no where and loved it and DH liked it. I got final say anyway since he got to pick Aliya's name. His middle name is the same as DH's middle name. We couldn't think of anything else and they sounded nice together.

ShyViolet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 12:49 AM   #229
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Odd post warning.

I have 25 Lasinoh and close to 25 gerber breast milk storage bags. If any one wants them FFS. I hope that's okay to post here. I just wanted to see if any one on here wanted them since you guys are my peeps. LOL!!! I can't get anything when I pump, so I have no use for them.

Old 09-11-2010, 05:45 AM   #230
mommylifew3
Registered Users
seller
seller

heys,

Hugs to you Tina, you are such a strong person.

Melissa, try some regular pepcid tablets. Take as directed. Sounds crazy but the antiacid helped my morning sickness.The doctor told me about it. She sadi try that before the stronger stuff and mostly it worked. It might tide you over.

Heidi, lol, this baby have her head pressing into my bladder and it does help knowing I'm not the only one either, yuck! Only 6-7 weeks to go.

hmmm, mar haven...hmmmm We have some shorts and they aren't my favorite. I prefer a smoother fabric. I did not knit it either. I have 1/2 skein of blue and half a skein of green just sitting. I also have 2 skeins of light gray. I could not imagine how much dye this stuff is going to soak up. I should dye it for fall.

Join Eco-Wrapz on Facebook to see my Latest Work
mommylifew3 is offline   Reply With Quote