Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 08:14 AM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Anyone else NOT finding out gender?

This is our third. We have one of each gender now. I wanted the last LO to be a surprise, but we couldn't hold out. This time around I feel more..... relaxed? aloof? (Aloof as in, it REALLY doesn't matter what it is, whereas before, I REALLY wanted a girl, so knowing vs not knowing was really hard!!!) Anyone else feeling this way? Or not finding out gender. Please don't think I don't care about the baby - that's not what I mean, just that it truly doesn't matter to me the sex this time.

Anyway, we are having a 20 wk u/s (still a long time away!) and I am really HOPING I can hold out this time! I feel like I can now, but I'm sure preggo hormones could change my mind for me by the time the u/s comes!

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:41 AM   #2
moobiegirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else NOT finding out gender?

We did not find out with the last baby (DD). It really didn't matter to me if the baby was a boy or girl. I went through periods where I really, really wanted to know, but there was no way to find out. Then there were plenty of times that I didn't care. I just found out that everyone (family) thought we knew, but just wasn't telling the gender last time. I don't think we are going to find out this time either. We already have one of each and don't need that much baby stuff.
Old 09-10-2010, 08:44 AM   #3
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

We're not finding out. We did find out with my son, but this time I also feel more relaxed or something, cause I want it to be a surprise when the baby comes.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 AM   #4
mamabeef
Registered Users
seller

we are expecting our 2nd at the moment and i am definitely going to find out...DH and i decided though that if we have a girl this time (we have a 1 year old boy) then on our others we wont find out...maybe...if i can wait =D
mamabeef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:48 AM   #5
BerryBlues
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We didn't with the first and we haven't with this one. We like the surprise. We will find out when s/he gets here in a few weeks!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #6
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

We didn't find out with our last one and it was just so fun, so we're waiting with this one too!
It's fun to kind of wonder for awhile is it a boy or a girl... I really thought I was carrying a girl, even when I held my baby for the first time, I thought I was holding a girl, until I lifted him up and saw OH, he's a boy! LOL Wow, my Mommy intuition was OFF! lol
So now this time I am trying not to think either way.. though I do feel like it's a boy.. but I've been wrong before lol.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:36 AM   #7
Buena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

this too is my third...have a boy and a girl and found out for both....this time SURPRISE! im not due till march, and my inlaws and that family is hounding me to find out. no no no, i always wanted a surprise so im gonna get it.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:41 AM   #8
TempestBeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:

We found out with my son, but have decided not to find out this time!

The kicker is... I'm an Ultrasound Tech... and I could look any time I want O_O.

So far, I've been great! The temptation is there, but I want the surprise SO BADLY. We're doing a midwife led birth at a birthing center, and I think not knowing the gender fits in so well.

I can't wait to tell people what he/she is, and what we picked for the name!
TempestBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #9
yogababes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Our third go with team "green" wouldn't change it for the world!! There is something SO REAL about that moment.... ohhh!!! chills just thinking about it!!
Old 09-10-2010, 12:07 PM   #10
SKITTLES46
Registered Users

My Mood:

Not planning on finding out with this LO. Didn't find out with DD, or YDS. Wasn't going to find out with DS 5 but we ended up doing a level 3 ultrasound with him and there was just no NOT seeing.

I'm not planning on having any medical prenatal care, which means no ultrasound. If we are given a reason to have an U/S then we might find out, my DD is desperate for another girl.
Anabaptist Christian, Homeschooling, EBF, non-vaxing, non-circ, CD'ing, Wife to M (8-15-98), Blessed with DD 11, DS 7, DS 5, and my two reversal babes!, DS 16 months, and #5 due Jan '11!
SKITTLES46 is offline   Reply With Quote