Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 12:13 PM   #11
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone else NOT finding out gender?

We aren't finding out either! It is fun not knowing and it wasn't difficult to to decline finding out ( I thought it might be). I guess I just changed my thinking about when I could find out. With DD we did find out and I had to wait for the 20 week U/S so before 20 weeks I wasn't thinking about it really, I just knew that was when I could find out. Now I've just shifted my thinking to finding out at the 40 week reveal It's not like I'll never find out, it will just be a little later.

The only drawback is that DH and I are having a very hard time with names, so coming up with both genders has been a little more difficult than just one.

Advertisement

(. (.* .
`-*Brigette.*`.:*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #12
tedcgh
Registered Users
seller
seller

We don't find out and we love it! Yes there are some draw backs but it is so cool to look forward to find out what the baby is on their birthday. It gave me more motivation through labor, I get to look forward to meeting baby, finding out gender and naming baby at the very end! What a great reward for all the hard work you go through with labor. I think it is funny when people makes comments about "I don't know how you do it, I had to know." Because for me finding out the gender is a little strange. When we had DD, we had one pink outfit for pics/going home, but by the time we left the hossy, we had tons of girly clothes from nearly everyone that visited.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:56 PM   #13
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We found out with DS1, we chose NOT to find out with DS2 and we don't plan to find out with this one. It was so much fun not knowing plus it drives our families crazy. I loved finding out when he was born. With DS1 and already knowing it was a boy, after his birth there really wasn't the excitement that there was with DS2. With DS2, we not only got to announce when he was born but also what sex he was.
Old 09-10-2010, 07:24 PM   #14
Pikemommy
Registered Users
seller

This is our 3rd and we already have a boy and a girl too! I also wanted this one to be a surprise, but the tech slipped what it was during the scan so now I know it's a boy I'm disappointed that our surprise was ruined and would love to turn back the clock and not know until delivery if I could.
S 3/15 7lbs 15oz 20.5in
Pikemommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:49 PM   #15
heythere:)
Registered Users

I loved not knowing. Next time I won't find out either :0) There are so few REAL surprises left in this world and I thought it was so amazing to hear "it's a ......!" I loved it!
heythere:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 07:52 PM   #16
kannondicarpo
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is our third baby and third surprise. I love the moment when you find out who you are holding. It is one of the best things in life. I cannot wait for that again here in the next few days...weeks.

Charlene Keala || 9.27.10, Zakary Michael || 10.25.12 & Baby "Momomi" || October 2014 ~

Loving life on the Big Island!
kannondicarpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:04 PM   #17
Lisa_delo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We are kinda on the fence, we found out with all of our previous ones we go for an ultrasound next Friday.

For practical reasons I would love to know, also we are having the hardest time picking a boys name at least if its a girl it one less thing to stress about.

But i also love the idea of it being a surprise.......who knows what we will decide to do next week.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:14 PM   #18
SweetPotatoes
Registered Users

My Mood:

We didn't find out with our first and plan on not finding out with this one as well. It was exciting not knowing and then finding out on the day of birth. Of course no one else thought it was a good idea. We got "how are we suppose to buy stuff for the baby?" a lot. Needless to say by the time she was born we had everything we needed from family and friends.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:16 PM   #19
SweetPotatoes
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisa_delo View Post
We are kinda on the fence, we found out with all of our previous ones we go for an ultrasound next Friday.

For practical reasons I would love to know, also we are having the hardest time picking a boys name at least if its a girl it one less thing to stress about.

But i also love the idea of it being a surprise.......who knows what we will decide to do next week.
With you being due so close to Christmas I think it would be fun to have it a surprise!
Old 09-11-2010, 09:06 AM   #20
miraclebaby
Registered Users
seller

we are not finding out. we have a boy and girl already. I"m looking forward to the surprise our Homebirth midwife wasn't with us for the first 1/2 of the pregnancy so it would be nice for her to be with us when we find out at the birth

Join me swagging http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/stephlawler
miraclebaby is offline   Reply With Quote