Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 09:06 AM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

Recently, an older friend of mine found out I was pregnant. I already have one boy (2 y/o) and one girl (3.5 y/o). She just looked at me wide eyed, mouth gaping open, shaking her head, and said, "Don't you think you have your hands full enough already?!" Then she asked "Were you taking anything? Were you on the pill?"

I was really flabberghasted. I mean, this baby IS a surprise, but it's not as if it's the end of the world as we know it. It's a BABY - I didn't find out I'm carrying an alien-child. I found out I'm pregnant. .... ? What gives?

Anyway, I've gotten, "Wow, and you think you're busy now!!!....." "What were you thinking?!" "You know what causes that, right?" "How did THAT happen?" and on and on.

What are people tjhinking when they say these things? It's just totally beyond me how people can be so rude and callous.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:10 AM   #2
amitchell98
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

I only have 1 son, so nothing too bad, but this is what my little sister (7 at the time) said when she found out: "No wonder you look so fat!"

She really didn't intend it to be mean, and I am fat, we just thought it was super funny.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:13 AM   #3
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Re: What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

^^^ That is actually quite hilarious. LOL
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:36 AM   #4
VeryChicBaby
Registered Users
Formerly: jenny342
seller

My Mood:

Quite recently a woman said "OMG - WHY are you pregnant AGAIN?" Then quickly asked "What religion are you anyways?"

I responded "Oh - its not about our religion, we are just trying to re-populate the world with people that are not rude ____'s like you."

Haven't spoken to her since.

This is our 5th child... Most people are just shocked but not outwardly rude.

Jenny, Mama to many, 16, 14, 11, & 3 & & 10 mth baby girl!!

~Custom Recycled Wool Shoes ~ & Leather, OBV & Fabric Soft Soles

VeryChicBaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #5
lostiejen
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont like when people high five DH and tell him "good job!" I mean, we all know where babies come from (most of the time) but it's not something I go around talking to my in-laws about! And it's not like the babymaking was very hard work for him (no pun intended).
lostiejen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 09:43 AM   #6
tiredmommyof8
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We have gotten this a lot. Some people are just idiots and don't know when to keep their mouths shut.
1) Don't you know what causes that?
2) I hope this is the last one. 2 babies ago fil actually suggested we name the baby Last One (insert our last name here).
3) I hope one of you is getting fixed after this.
4) and my favorite was after we told people we were expecting #6 my Dad told us that we were going to "screw ourselves to death" . He passed away when she was 6 weeks old.

Kate~ Now an exhausted Mommy of 9!
ISO/IHA

Last edited by tiredmommyof8; 09-10-2010 at 09:46 AM.
tiredmommyof8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:21 AM   #7
eracheld
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No lie, my sister asked me whose baby it was... I get that I wasn't married but my boyfriend and I had been together for almost 2 years, come on now.

Scentsy team!
eracheld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:24 AM   #8
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My grandma told my mom. why would they have another kid, they can barely take care of the ones they have! Now we arent rich but we are far from poor. We just choose to not allow our kids to have massive amounts of toys. OUr kids are well taken care of.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:34 AM   #9
Arabesque
Registered Users

My Mood:

Okay, I'm not pregnant (I accidentally clicked on this link instead of the parenting forum), but I had to answer. When I told people at my work that I was pregnant, a lot of them asked if I was happy about it. Really? I just told you I was having a baby and you want to know if I'm happy about it? Sheesh. Also, many people asked if the baby was planned. The best though was one of the lawyers I worked for who asked if DH and I were "okay" financially. I seriously think he would've taken out his checkbook if I'd said no.
Old 09-10-2010, 10:45 AM   #10
new2allthis
Registered Users
seller
seller

With my 1st, my MIL responded to the happy news with "how is this going to affect us going to Spain?" Really? You just found out you are having another grandbaby (which you have been oh so subtly hinting for since we got married 3 years prior) and all you can ask about is a vacation that is more than a year and a half away? I responded "It's not. The baby will come with us." All conversation basically ended at this point. About 10 minutes later his sister mumbled a Congrats. My inlaws are a strange bunch.