Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 10:51 AM   #11
Psychomom
Formerly: Boomer
seller

My Mood:
Re: What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

I have four children and I've gotten some rude comments. I think the most popular was, "Don't you know what causes that?"

But my favorite comment--it was just so hilarious--was from a neighbor I hardly saw anymore. I ran into her at the grocery store and told her I was expecting my fourth and she said, "Well, I'm going to pray for you because your fourth one is bound to be ugly!" I was and didn't take offense at all because I knew she thought all my children were gorgeous (which of course they are!)

Advertisement

Psychomom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 10:58 AM   #12
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

My friend's dad that I've known since I was six, did the whole eyerolling, "Another one? Why? Why would you do that? Sheesh...", shook his head, threw up his hands, and walked away. He was really mad. I was totally surprised. This guy has three boys. I was expecting my 3rd boy. He is Catholic. I am Catholic. That was the rudest one I have gotten from someone I knew.

I am totally going to remember that response from VeryChic for next time I have a run in like that.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #13
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

When my older brother found out I was pregnant with #6 he responded "You're going to go bankrupt!" lol Umm.. OK... he has one kid and they live with my parents.. so I guess he figures if he can't afford 1, no way can we afford 6.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:17 AM   #14
aliciamarie632
Registered Users
seller

I think the rudest was saying nothing. We told my in-laws about #3 and they literally stared at us, said nothing, then changed the subject. No congrats, no anything. Then later my MIL said we are outgrowing our house (we have a 3 bedroom house-don't get what's so strange abt 2 kids in one room especially when the one room is the whole upstairs with a private bath?).
aliciamarie632 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:18 AM   #15
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh do I have a doosie!

First some background info: My dad is constantly calling me by my younger sister's name and visa versa. We're 5 years apart. I also don't know my dad's side of the family very well.

So after I had my baby back in 2008, I e-mailed the Yahoo group for my dad's family. I gave all the stats, a short birth story, the works. I thought I had made it sound like the baby was very much planned and very much wanted.

Well a few days later, I open my e-mail and have several e-mails from the same person, one of my dad's cousin's (who is very self-righteous...)

The first one read: I had no idea you were pregnant. Your dad never told me.

The second: I want to send you some things (I was thinking "Yay presents!")

Third e-mail: Printed out, it probably would have been 4 pages of lecturing on how I should be more responsible, I shouldn't be having sex at all, how would I finish highschool now that I had a baby. Your baby should have a father in her life, you're being selfish to keep her. And sent websites, addresses, phone numbers and a PDF pamphlet for a church counseling and adoption agency

I e-mailed back: Ummmm, I'm 23. I've been married 4 years...Baby was a planned project

I was pretty pissed though
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:23 AM   #16
Joyful Tie Dyes
Banned for reasons unrelated to transactions
www.joyfultiedyes.com

My Mood:

"Aren't you too old for that?"
Joyful Tie Dyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:26 AM   #17
redhairboy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I get was the baby planned all the time. I mean come on I'm married ect. what do they think. I have also gotten the are you Happy comment too.
Old 09-10-2010, 11:31 AM   #18
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

you win.

eta: Did you ever get an apology? Or any presents from the 2nd email

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
Oh do I have a doosie!

First some background info: My dad is constantly calling me by my younger sister's name and visa versa. We're 5 years apart. I also don't know my dad's side of the family very well.

So after I had my baby back in 2008, I e-mailed the Yahoo group for my dad's family. I gave all the stats, a short birth story, the works. I thought I had made it sound like the baby was very much planned and very much wanted.

Well a few days later, I open my e-mail and have several e-mails from the same person, one of my dad's cousin's (who is very self-righteous...)

The first one read: I had no idea you were pregnant. Your dad never told me.

The second: I want to send you some things (I was thinking "Yay presents!")

Third e-mail: Printed out, it probably would have been 4 pages of lecturing on how I should be more responsible, I shouldn't be having sex at all, how would I finish highschool now that I had a baby. Your baby should have a father in her life, you're being selfish to keep her. And sent websites, addresses, phone numbers and a PDF pamphlet for a church counseling and adoption agency

I e-mailed back: Ummmm, I'm 23. I've been married 4 years...Baby was a planned project

I was pretty pissed though

Last edited by Prettylocks; 09-10-2010 at 11:34 AM.
Prettylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:33 AM   #19
SKITTLES46
Registered Users

My Mood:

My MIL is notorious for comments that are not so delightful.

With #3 her first comment upon being told was "haven't you figured out what causes that yet?" With #4 it was "humph", and this time when she finally figured it out and asked directly (certainly wasn't telling her on purpose!) it was "Do you just like being pregnant or what" I said, "no not particularly" and she was silent.
Anabaptist Christian, Homeschooling, EBF, non-vaxing, non-circ, CD'ing, Wife to M (8-15-98), Blessed with DD 11, DS 7, DS 5, and my two reversal babes!, DS 16 months, and #5 due Jan '11!
SKITTLES46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:34 AM   #20
adavieau
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've had people ask if it was planned or an accident, and my mom asked if it was a surprise and why didn't we wait longer. Dh's brother was surprised when he found out I was pg (about five months) and I asked if he just thought I was getting fat (kiddingly) and he said yes!
adavieau is offline   Reply With Quote