Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-10-2010, 11:37 AM   #21
TempestBeauty
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

Not really rude, but a little... insensitive...

I had two miscarriages between my first child and this pregnancy. We were open about them to our families.

When we told my InLaws that we were pregnant again, my father in law said, "You think this one might actually stick around?"

Woof. ><

Advertisement

TempestBeauty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:44 AM   #22
wyatt09
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What's the rudest thing someone said to you when they found out you're pregnant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiliki View Post
Recently, an older friend of mine found out I was pregnant. I already have one boy (2 y/o) and one girl (3.5 y/o). She just looked at me wide eyed, mouth gaping open, shaking her head, and said, "Don't you think you have your hands full enough already?!" Then she asked "Were you taking anything? Were you on the pill?"

I was really flabberghasted. I mean, this baby IS a surprise, but it's not as if it's the end of the world as we know it. It's a BABY - I didn't find out I'm carrying an alien-child. I found out I'm pregnant. .... ? What gives?

Anyway, I've gotten, "Wow, and you think you're busy now!!!....." "What were you thinking?!" "You know what causes that, right?" "How did THAT happen?" and on and on.

What are people tjhinking when they say these things? It's just totally beyond me how people can be so rude and callous.
Sorry mama that's harsh

I think mine tops them all but this is just imo.I called my father to tell him I was pregnant and he said "OH GREAT SARAH, NOW YOU HAVE TWO KIDS WITH TWO DIFFERENT FATHERS,NO MAN WILL EVER WANT YOU!!" I WAS SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO SAD THAT DAY NEEDLESS TO SAY.
wyatt09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM   #23
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
Oh do I have a doosie!

First some background info: My dad is constantly calling me by my younger sister's name and visa versa. We're 5 years apart. I also don't know my dad's side of the family very well.

So after I had my baby back in 2008, I e-mailed the Yahoo group for my dad's family. I gave all the stats, a short birth story, the works. I thought I had made it sound like the baby was very much planned and very much wanted.

Well a few days later, I open my e-mail and have several e-mails from the same person, one of my dad's cousin's (who is very self-righteous...)

The first one read: I had no idea you were pregnant. Your dad never told me.

The second: I want to send you some things (I was thinking "Yay presents!")

Third e-mail: Printed out, it probably would have been 4 pages of lecturing on how I should be more responsible, I shouldn't be having sex at all, how would I finish highschool now that I had a baby. Your baby should have a father in her life, you're being selfish to keep her. And sent websites, addresses, phone numbers and a PDF pamphlet for a church counseling and adoption agency

I e-mailed back: Ummmm, I'm 23. I've been married 4 years...Baby was a planned project

I was pretty pissed though

That is actually quite funny!!!! Really! Egg on HIS face! LOL What a moron. I would have probably laughed till I peed myself then made a huge long email complete with pics of our family and my HUSBAND. HAHAHA Too funny!!!

Did he ever respond?
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:51 AM   #24
NebraskaGirl82
Registered Users
seller

"oh"

"You know how that happens, don't you?"

"Did you plan it"- OK with family asking but from strangers/sort of friends, not OK
NebraskaGirl82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
mrsbehaven007
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nothing rude.. my dad told me for everyone of them .. " you got caught again " lol
mrsbehaven007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:22 PM   #26
lisha622
Registered Users
seller

I'm blessed overall with very excited family and friends. But last week I did see a friend who wanted me to catch her up on my life, and she knew I was pregnant. So I was telling her we were excited and how far along and when we were due, and didn't really know what else she wanted to know. So then she says, "Well, how did Ben respond?" And I told her how I told Ben, and how he was excited. And she asks, "So how are you about this? How is this going to affect your future plans?" And finally I realized that she totally assumed Baby was an oops. I just don't like when people assume that a baby is an oops... especially considering we have been married for two years and I am in my 20s. It's quite normal at this time of your life to have kids even if there are a lot of women that do like to establish themselves in a career and wait until they're 35 to have their one child. And even more than being frustrating, I think it's sad. Children are a blessing. Why do so many people look at them now as a nuisance, a hassle, and a "later in life" type of deal??
Old 09-10-2010, 12:44 PM   #27
sbdf13
Registered Users
seller

My aunt
"are you going to get married now, you should really get married before the baby is born so he can have a normal family"
behind my back she told everyone how bad she felt for us bc we are so young and having a child.
We are both 21 been together 7 years, own a home together and our son was VERY much planned
sbdf13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:46 PM   #28
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

"Are you keeping it?"

From the nurse at the clinic when I told her my oldest was only 8-ish months old
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #29
Free Thinker
Registered Users
seller
seller

When we told about our first two everyone was pretty excited. For number three...

MIL: While at stopping by our house to see our other kids, we told DD (4 at the time) she could tell that we were having another baby. MIL looks at me and I smile and nod my head. She looks at DH and says "I thought you were building a house!" He replied that we were going to do both! She just sort of stood there stunned, then left to get something out of her car, came back in and apologized, she said she was in shock!

FIL: Well, lets just say that we won't be telling him about baby #5. We will let MIL do that. He makes comments about 'getting that fixed' and says he never wanted any kids (he has 2 that were suprises), he may very well have a heart attack when we tell him about this one.

I don't really expect any good reactions this time around and it's sort of putting a downer on the whole thing. My sister was really happy, though! She's the only one I've told so far. I think my family will be okay toward me, they just think we already have plenty. Every time we get together my mom asks when I am getting tubal, ec.t. I keep telling them I don't think I"m done. Next time she asks I may just tell her I've decided to do it in May... after the next baby is born!
Old 09-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #30
Dolphin_Medic
Registered Users
seller
seller

Chief: "Was this done on purpose or an accident?"
MIL about DD1: "Well, that's your problem, don't you come crying to me for help. You did this you fix your problems" - my MIL is crazy though.
random person: "What, are you a baby making factory?" Um...this is my second child...huh?