Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 03-03-2007, 02:58 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Question Going to the movies-Should I bring ds-Update

My friend is going to see BRIDGE TO TERABITHIA with her three kids. I really want to see this movie and was wondering if I should bring my ds. He's almost 29 months and he's never been to a movie theater before. When we got the movie Cars he sat through that but, that was at home. I also took him to a puppet show last summer. That lasted an hour and he sat there the whole time soaking it all in. I just don't want to take him then have to leave early. I don't mind missing the end as I can rent it when it comes out but, don't really want to spend the money then leave. What do you think?

Well Bruce did great at the movies! It was in the afternoon so it was around his naptime but, he didn't fall asleep. He watched the movie, all two hours of it. He must of liked the movie. LOL

Last edited by upstategirl; 03-04-2007 at 05:47 PM.
upstategirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 03:08 PM   #2
Registered Users
Re: Going to the movies-Should I bring ds

He sounds capable of sitting through a movie, but I'd be concerned that the type of movie might not keep his attention. If it were me, I think I'd try taking him to something that was a little more small child oriented. How does he do when you and DH watch grown up stuff at home? If he does well with that, he'd probably be fine in a theater (might want to take along some kind of activity to quietly occupy him just in case).
ceilismom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 05:06 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Going to the movies-Should I bring ds

we see movies often and my dd is 28mths old. I make sure and bring stuff to keep her 'happy' LOL! Like we'll get popcorn, she LOVES LOVES M&Ms so i bring a bag of those for her. She is also a binky girl so i can NOT forget that! If the movie is in the afternoon i keep her awake till we go and alot of times she will just fall asleep on my lap after having some M&Ms Most of the time she is fine but occasionally she gets squirrely and doesn't want to be there. Good Luck!
redheadedangels is offline   Reply With Quote