Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-11-2010, 08:24 PM   #1
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

Hypnobirthing/babies - anyone here taken the class / done it?

My cousin is expecting her first baby and is contemplating taking this course or buying this course.

I have never used it so can't really tell her anything about it.

Has anyone here used it?

what was your experience? good or bad

also have you ever taken lamaze or bradley classes?

would you recommend hypnobirthing over bradley or lamaze -yes or no? why or why not?

Also what is the difference between hypnobirthing and hypnobabies?

Advertisement

Last edited by Abunchofus; 09-11-2010 at 08:48 PM.
Abunchofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 07:39 PM   #2
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Hypnobirthing/babies - anyone here taken the class / done it?

I used hyponobabies with Kara (VBAC). I LOVED IT!! I did not go to a course, though I kinda wish I had. I bought the cd's and books and self taught. My doula is a hypnobabies instructor so that helped a ton I am sure.

I would HIGHLY recommended it!

I looked into bradley, but this seemed better for me.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 08:09 PM   #3
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took hypnobirthing during my last pregnancy.

It was AMAZING...

I think it was most of the reason my labor went so fast (active labor was less than 45min), because I was sooo relaxed.

I had a home birth, so no meds, ect....
Old 09-13-2010, 10:00 AM   #4
VeganCupcake
Registered Users
seller
seller

I took a HypnoBabies class and it was great. We had a great home birth--though a very long labor. The hypnosis was very, very helpful. My labor was not painful at all-- just long.

My understanding is that HypnoBabies is a more complete course than Hypnobirthing (though that is what the HypnoBabies people tell you, so take that with a grain of salt!). HypnoBabies has additional hypnosis scripts for all kinds of situations--turning a breech baby, VBAC, etc.

I read the Bradley book and I know it has a very good record for helping lots of women have drug-free births. My SIL used it and had a successful drug-free hospital birth. From reading the Bradley book, my understanding of it was that I was supposed to relax in a particular position, but other than that, I didn't really find any techniques or strategies for relaxing.

I'm going to use HypnoBabies again with my next baby, and I recommend it to anyone who wants to have a drug-free birth.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:15 AM   #5
hippiemama86
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I didn't take a class, but ordered the book with a cd from Amazon. I was very relaxed during my home waterbirth. My labor was pretty fast... 4hrs, plus 45 min of "pushing" This wasn't hardcore pushing the whole time, my midwives just started the time when I 1st felt the urge to push and squeezed some a little with each contraction. I would not say it is a pain reliever, like the book said. I was calm and relaxed, but the pain was still the worst thing I've ever felt! However, I would def recommend it! The breathing techniques, and the affirmations REALLY helped me to prepare for my birth, and to labor and breathe my baby down. I had a 9lb 8oz baby boy, and no tearing! I def think this was partially b/c I birthed him in the water, but also b/c I didn't push too fast, and let mother nature work through me.
I think I could have zoned a little more if I had attended a class, so I would recommend that too, but even the book and cd at $13.00 was big help to me!
Proud mama to 1 ds (11-9-09) Married to my best friend ever!
hippiemama86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 11:44 AM   #6
Abunchofus
Registered Users
seller

thanks ladies
Old 09-13-2010, 11:29 PM   #7
Mum2Addison
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Well, I'm not super helpful, but I just finished reading the Hypnobirthing book and am going to give it a go Some of the terminology is a little over the top for me (I don't think it truly matters to me if they are called 'contractions' or 'surges' but maybe it makes a difference) but I agree with and am excited about the overall tone of a Hypnobirth.
(. (.* .
`-*Brigette.*`.:*

Mummy to Addison (4/06) and Freya (12/10) AF Wife to Matt
Mum2Addison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 10:03 AM   #8
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

I think it's a GREAT tool... but my labor definitely HURT lol.. so the emphasis on how to avoid a painful labor I think is a bit much. Yes, some women have pain free labors- but most don't- hypno or not, labor hurts.. but the tools I learned from hypnobirthing helped me stay relaxed and trust that my body was doing what it needed to do.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2010, 05:38 PM   #9
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

This is a late response to a thread that's probably dead but... Hypnobirthing was amazing for me. I wasn't pain free AT ALL, but it helped me deal with the pain, and get through a 17 hour labor without drugs or freaking out. I breathed the baby down and only pushed for about 5 minutes. This was my first birth and looking forward to more. I had a water birth with a midwife in the hospital. I just zoned out the whole time and hardly said a word to anyone. The time flew by in a strange sort of way. I didn't really use any of the affirmations they taught us. I used my own I made up when the pain was almost unbearable. Making sure you keep your jaw relaxed is important as it effects your uterine muscles if you have your jaw clenched. Good luck! I highly recommend hypnobirthing.
Old 09-29-2010, 11:03 PM   #10
nceveritt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Props to hypnobirthing. For the most part, I was happy/comfortable thru my labor without doing the relaxation exercises. We did TWO during labor in the hospital with hopes to get things moving along (a fear release and the rainbow relaxation).
My doula did light touch massage while my husband read.
My contraction patterns got gentler (still regular, but with less extra bumps and move gentle up and down, easy rise and falls) while in my relaxed state. I never felt a thing during those periods. It was fantastic.

Like our store on Facebook
nceveritt is offline   Reply With Quote