Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2010, 08:47 AM   #11
almostcrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What are the funniest old wives tales/pregnancy craziness that you've heard?

My late husband was native american, and his family believes that a pregnant woman cannot go to funerals or in to cemetaries because the spirits can take over her baby.........

As a matter of fact, when he passed away, we had a pregnant family friend who attended the wake, funeral, and the burning but they made her cover her tummy with a red scarf.

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #12
petuniajo
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: What are the funniest old wives tales/pregnancy craziness that you've heard?

My mom was convinced I would have a totally bald baby because I never had a day of heartburn... But my daughter was a total monkey!

She also totally believed in the "way you're carrying" thing, convinced i was having a boy because I was carrying low.
Old 09-14-2010, 10:53 AM   #13
petuniajo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My mom was convinced I would have a totally bald baby because I never had a day of heartburn... But my daughter was a total monkey!

She also totally believed in the "way you're carrying" thing, convinced i was having a boy because I was carrying low.
Old 09-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #14
fergiesgirl86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

the old girls in the butt boys in the belly thing gets me!

there is some "ring gender test" as well, swinging the woman's wedding ring over her belly. side to side is one up and down the other but i don't remember which is which.... or maybe straight line is one and circle the other this is how we end up with so many variations! LOL

i had more heartburn with DD than DS and she had more hair... but with her i craved taco bell chalupas and with DS it was burgers.

personally, i'm thinkin this babe is a girl because i'm carrying it higher than i did DS (he was so low they couldn't get his face in the ultrasound) and with DS i had to move right into maternity pants because of the pressure reg pants caused.... that weren't even tight!
Old 09-15-2010, 03:41 PM   #15
avasmom3
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The heartburn thing is totally true. You could see DS's hair in the ultrasounds and I had some gnarly heartburn with him.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #16
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
That hairy babies cause heartburn. That boys cause worse nausea .
the hair/heartburn part was true for me. I have been told the opposite with the nausea though
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #17
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that craving salads/sweets is a girl, craving meat/starches is a boy. (I craved salads with YDS)
High heartbeat means girl, lower means boy (Both my boys had HBs in the high 160s)
Missionary position means girl (we'll see )
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #18
borncrunchy
Registered Users
seller
seller

I had people predict the gender of this baby based on my current childrens hairlines. The swirly on the back of DS2's head, and the bottom of his neck. If the swirly is in the middle of the back of his head, it will be the opposite sex of him, to the side, the same sex. If the hairline on his neck ends in a point it will be a girl, if its straight across, it will be a girl, or something.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:52 AM   #19
suzyq010104
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKylie View Post
That hairy babies cause heartburn. That boys cause worse nausea .
Oddly enough both of those were true for me
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 AM   #20
tangerinesky6
Registered Users
seller

My friend had no heartburn throughtout her pregnancy and her baby was born was a lot of hair on his head!
tangerinesky6 is offline   Reply With Quote