Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-12-2010, 01:12 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Sunday

Advertisement

Old 09-12-2010, 01:20 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Sunday

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
I'm tired mamas. I may be calling the family and seeing if *anyone* else would be able to take the 3 kids. I feel extremely stressed...my hubby is beyond stressed. He is having a very hard time dealing with kids that act this way...he simply isn't used to it and it is putting a strain on our marriage.

James just hit his head in the same spot he already had a knot and I'm scared to see what it will look like in the morning.

I just am pretty sure there isn't ANYONE else willing/able to take the 3 kids. What can I do???

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Well, about to try the soy burger now. With no bun, of course, but topped with fried onions, and with french fries and peas on the side. Here goes!

Oh, and at the store, I was able to get a package of 10 Halal hot dogs, 4 soy burgers, and a bag of fries for less than it would have cost our family to eat at McD's. I was pleased with that!
Brilliant!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaMaMeA4 View Post
Hi everyone!

Man - it's been a long time since I've chatted. Hope everyone is doing well.

I finally got Dance Academy up and going for the year so hopefully things will slow down a bit for me. At least for a week or two anyway!

Dh's dad has been in the hospital since last Friday because of a gall bladder flare up. So they took him off all his meds - including his heart meds - which sent him into the ICU. He's been there since last Saturday. Dh can't go visit him either because he's got a cold. So he can't visit his mom either. I feel so bad for dh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
i'm happy - got some furniture work in the process today, all from craigslist or garage sales that I'd bought planning on dyi-ing

I think when its all done I'll have seating for 8 and a table that fits up to 12 for about $80 and sweat doesnt seem bad to me

so I have three chairs almost done - i think one more coat of paint on the fronts and maybe two on the backs - they have 3 coats atm on the front side

also we'd picked up some children's chairs with metal legs and the legs had rust so those have been sanded and sprayed paint with a first coat

we started sanding the table but are waiting for some tougher sand paper for my dad's belt sander

and we deconstructed the children's wooden outdoor bench that needed new planks (board bought today to cut down to size) and will need to be sprayed bc of some rusting and probably we'll just buy new hardware as i dont imagine its not more than a couple dollars worth and all the screws/bolts are rusty too

so more productive than normal and it feels nice. Dh has had to do extra boy duty though for me to get those things done and its not even that much done but oh well

chat later
Great stuff!!! I love making things too

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Thank goodness my brother helped me restore internet service on the desktop, but our wireless is still out. What am I going to do at bedtime, without my ipod to play on!? I guess I will have to sleep.

Anyway, I didn't get to catch up on the thread much, and I need to go get kids ready for bed. So, I will try to come chat tomorrow.

Goodnight!

I hope Fynn had a fabulous birthday!

Glad you're back

Fynn had a good birthday

Steph....what camera do you use?

Quote:
Peggy. I know I couldn't do it in your shoes. Not with 5 other kids at home.

Jen, I looked at all of the houses, and checked out the floor plans. I have to say that I like the floor plan of the biggest one the best, but maybe that's not so surprising. After that, I like #2, then #1, and then #3 (sorry Jerry!) Having lived in a house with everything on the long like that, I wouldn't actively choose that as a floor plan. I didn't like it at all.
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Oh here is MH with her puppy at MIL. The puppy totally stays at MIL....

Awwww puppy love

Quote:
Poor Ru's allergies are killing her. She's gone to bed already, and it's not even 10. I might wind up sleeping in the downstairs bedroom tonight just to give her the bed and some quiet. And that way if E waked up, he can just get in with her and he'll likely sleep well there.
feel better Ru!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
It's licorice twist, I'll probably do 2 and 2 because splitting 3 and 1 might bother me symmetry-wise Or I guess I could also do all 4 different, but I'm not sure how that would do.
I say 2 and 2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
my mouth is itchy

I love the Beco. And it was so comfy when I first got it. Now there's nothing I can wear Waylon in w/out it hurting. Do you suppose it's just cuz the ratio of his weight to mine is 1/4?
probably

Quote:
Janine I finally had time to look through the patterns you posted. I out two in my queue. Both of the hoodies you posted. Now I need to get some circular needles and see that I can do....

Quote:
So I was surfing for some scrappies for MH for winter and stumbled across a pair of her old woolies for sale for more than the Momma paid me...so annoying.
Grrr

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post
The night out at my mom's went well. V ate pretty good today and drank her milk, and nursed. I can't complain. She is such a little comedian. She also took 5 steps on her own!! I don't know if I'm ready for her to walk yet! That means I will have to get off my a** and follow her around
for a walking V!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR2119 View Post
My baby has asked to keep her diaper off and go potty several times this evening. Granted, she did not use the potty not even once but her interest seems so real this time!

I'm off to bed! Night all!

Morning Janine!
and good morning Tania!
Old 09-12-2010, 01:27 AM   #3
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning & good night! If my restless legs let me sleep.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 03:17 AM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning Faith I hope you can get some sleep.

I've been busy getting Shannon's school/sport bag ready. Writing her name on everything. Putting in new plastic folders, the ones from last year are all ripped. She has all new pencils, a new glue stick and I washed her paint set so it looks nice and clean. Oh and her name is on her new drinking bottle.

I hope I got everything....and putting the first note to the teacher in her homework book to arrange a meeting to talk about Shannon's ADHD. I'm hoping the teacher is up for this. I really will be pissed if she tries to get Shannon sent to a different class/school.
Old 09-12-2010, 03:34 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is any of the B2B gang here or near it?
Old 09-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #6
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Now it's happening on my new name too!!!!! I REALLY HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-12-2010, 05:40 AM   #7
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

been up on the sofa all night w/ Analise...she cried for an hour straight last night from 10-11pm...no idea what was going on, she did have a low fever though. Maybe our fan blowing on her was making her feel worse? Once we got into the living room she went to sleep pretty quickly and woke up only 1x after that. BUT I'm going to pay for sleeping on the sofa last night!!!

kids are watching blue's clues....off to make breakfast for them and get the bigger kids ready for church! BBL!
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #8
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I have a Nikon D40X. It has been dropped enough times to where the lens that came with it doesn't work very well anymore. It sometimes will focus and sometimes won't. So, I have to get a new one (lens).

DH is being a total butthead this morning. I at least have an excuse to be a B.I. due to hormones. What is his problem?! Maybe he is upset that I totally shot down his name suggestion. I'm sorry, but I will not subject my child to the wrath of being named Armistead.
Old 09-12-2010, 06:23 AM   #9
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
I have a Nikon D40X. It has been dropped enough times to where the lens that came with it doesn't work very well anymore. It sometimes will focus and sometimes won't. So, I have to get a new one (lens).

DH is being a total butthead this morning. I at least have an excuse to be a B.I. due to hormones. What is his problem?! Maybe he is upset that I totally shot down his name suggestion. I'm sorry, but I will not subject my child to the wrath of being named Armistead.
Thanks Steph. We are looking for a better camera...we've only ever used a point and shoot up till now but are really frustrated with the quality of the photos we've been getting. The kids are getting faster and the pics are nothing but blurry now.

Goodness...that is a horrible name
Old 09-12-2010, 06:29 AM   #10
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cami just curled up on the sofa and said to me "Mummy, not waking me up, yeah!"

...because we end to wake the kids up if the sleep at a bad time of day, if it's less than 3 hours till bed time.