Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:27 AM   #11
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Motivated Monday!!!

Shannon's timetable looks like crap

The lessons in brackets are extras for those that are called to it. You get a note in the school bag the day before it.

Who thought double sport starting at 7:30am was a good idea???

On Friday she only has Maths and German...she is going to kill me on Fridays...EVERY FRIDAY!!!

See what I mean about the religion lessons being separate now. Well, Shannon doesn't do either but it's still not right.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 06:32 AM   #12
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

WOTA
mix up Yummy Dough for E
find bus schedule to get me to work today
do dishes
breakfast
scoop cat box
bake Yummy Dough
make lunch
figure out which books need to go back to the library today
shower?
get ready to go to work
go to work
relax!

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #13
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

Janine, that timetable looks unnecessarily complicated for someone Shannon's age! I much prefer the NA model of "here is what time you drop them off - here is what time you pick them up - what happens in between? see if you can get your kid to tell you!" (Joking, everyone, joking, of course!)

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:42 AM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
Janine, that timetable looks unnecessarily complicated for someone Shannon's age! I much prefer the NA model of "here is what time you drop them off - here is what time you pick them up - what happens in between? see if you can get your kid to tell you!" (Joking, everyone, joking, of course!)
The trouble with having a timetable is also if something comes up and they decide to do something else Shannon ticks-out and keeps saying !it's not in the timetable!"

They always tell us that we should only give our child the folder/books he/she needs for that day....hello! They have the same lessons everyday!!! There are only 2 days where you could take out their French stuff but seriously it's nothing. Last year they didn't have any written French work at all.

I hate the lesson MENUK.....it's a all-in-one lesson for everything that isn't religion, maths, German, French or sport. That folder gets soooo huge and heavy and the kids have to take it with them every-dam-day!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:43 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow, that looks ridiculous. I'm pretty sure my kids' schedules are very similar, but like Ru said they haven't shared with us yet and the kids don't really tell me. All I know is Ginger and Rosie have recess at the same time, so they are probably not going to play with as many other kids as they would have otherwise. They also did something weird with the "specials" (art, music, PE) so that they always have one of those every day but it's not the same each week. Just enough to drive the teachers bonkers and push kids like mine who *have* to have rountine over the edge.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:48 AM   #16
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
my girls are going "loopy" over these dolls I may have to save up the $$ for them for Christmas!
Those are really cute! They appear to be out of stock/sold out at all of the store I checked... I know Elli would love them!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post
That's what our school's are like!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:49 AM   #17
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

I'm off to jump in the shower. I have a 10am midwife appointment this morning!
Gotta go go go!
BBL!
Old 09-13-2010, 06:50 AM   #18
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I didn't mention I got a response from G's teacher over the weekend. You know, to the long email explaining all the change she's been through the last year and some tips to help prevent the meltdowns.

She said the district had something called Begindergarten, designed for the kids that were 4YO when they were supposed to start kindy. They call it the "gift year", basically teaches them prepwork for kindy and gives you a free pass to hold them back a year. That if I was interested, she could hook me up but there is only one class for the whole district and it's not at this school, and I'd have to provide transportation.

First of all, WHY didn't anyone tell us this when we registered them? DH talked to multiple people on the phone before going in, told them all that we were a little shell-shocked about starting G early so it's not like they didn't know. Second, I can't do it now, even if I could do the logistics of transport (which I can't, I can't be in two places at once), the last thing she needs is more change dumped on her. Third, I'm trying really really really hard not to take in personally, as if the teacher is saying G is not ready and should be held back a year, that she's just responding to what I said that we were originally not planning to send her until next year in Texas. But of course it's eating me up a little. Honestly, from what I see of the other kids she's not much different, but of course I'm not in the classroom.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:52 AM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The Loopy dolls are very cute! I know my girls would like them I'm always leery of buying Xmas stuff early, tho. My kids are kind of fickle. Because they don't see many toy commercials, and we don't take them to the toy store often, they of course go gaga over any cool new toy they see in the moment. But it's hard to tell if it will really stick, KWIM?
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #20
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I didn't mention I got a response from G's teacher over the weekend. You know, to the long email explaining all the change she's been through the last year and some tips to help prevent the meltdowns.

She said the district had something called Begindergarten, designed for the kids that were 4YO when they were supposed to start kindy. They call it the "gift year", basically teaches them prepwork for kindy and gives you a free pass to hold them back a year. That if I was interested, she could hook me up but there is only one class for the whole district and it's not at this school, and I'd have to provide transportation.

First of all, WHY didn't anyone tell us this when we registered them? DH talked to multiple people on the phone before going in, told them all that we were a little shell-shocked about starting G early so it's not like they didn't know. Second, I can't do it now, even if I could do the logistics of transport (which I can't, I can't be in two places at once), the last thing she needs is more change dumped on her. Third, I'm trying really really really hard not to take in personally, as if the teacher is saying G is not ready and should be held back a year, that she's just responding to what I said that we were originally not planning to send her until next year in Texas. But of course it's eating me up a little. Honestly, from what I see of the other kids she's not much different, but of course I'm not in the classroom.
I cant imagine how hard it must be for Ginger, there is a prep year in kindergarten the year before school to get the kids used to lessons and they do a little class work too. It's got to be really hard not having seen that. Going from play all day to school would certainly send my kids into a spin.