Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #21
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Motivated Monday!!!

WOTA
mix up Yummy Dough for E
find bus schedule to get me to work today
do dishes
breakfast
scoop cat box
bake Yummy Dough
make lunch
figure out which books need to go back to the library today
shower?
get ready to go to work
go to work
relax!

Cheryl, sorry about all the frustrations. That SUX.

Advertisement

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:57 AM   #22
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
The Loopy dolls are very cute! I know my girls would like them I'm always leery of buying Xmas stuff early, tho. My kids are kind of fickle. Because they don't see many toy commercials, and we don't take them to the toy store often, they of course go gaga over any cool new toy they see in the moment. But it's hard to tell if it will really stick, KWIM?
Same here. I want to get the girls their dolls for Christmas that they've asked for but they keep changing their minds about the gender of the dolls they want.

Shannon tried that but I told her she cant change her mind. She was so sure so I got her doll already and it's hidden in Heiner's wardrobe. She was happy to know that it's something she cant change her mind about because she got that she really is going to get exactly what she asked for.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #23
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
I cant imagine how hard it must be for Ginger, there is a prep year in kindergarten the year before school to get the kids used to lessons and they do a little class work too. It's got to be really hard not having seen that. Going from play all day to school would certainly send my kids into a spin.
Well, her preschool did have a curriculum, they tackled letters/colors/numbers and writing the letters and numbers, scissor skills, tracing lines, standing in line, being line leaders, etc. So it's not like she hasn't been exposed to that in a school setting. The difference between her and Rosie, her last year of preschool, which Ginger would have taken in Texas this year if we stayed, is that it was taught by former elementary teachers of the school district she was going to and gave them specific instructions to prepare for school. Not just you can print your full name, write all the letters/numbers, know your colors/shapes, scissor skills but manage your own backpack, put the lessons in a structure and format more like kindergarten, etc. Ginger has not had that, and I'm not entirely sure how they structure things here so I wouldn't have been able to prep her for it anyway. And lastly since they changed kindy to half day at literally the last moment, the teachers don't really know either, they are figuring it out on the fly.

It's a lot of change and unknown for everybody.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:06 AM   #24
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good morning! today -Malcolm did not sleep well last night and thus neither did DH or I. He was up at 3 am going "wabawabawabawabawaba" at the top of his lungs in our bed. DH had to go in pretty early to round on his inpatients though, whereas I got to sleep in until 8 at least

WOTA:
breakfast for the noisy boy and I
laundry, laundry, laundry -where does it all come from
scrub bathroom
read over longies pattern and make list of stuff I need to get
walk up to store to pick up a few groceries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bethsflutterby View Post
my girls are going "loopy" over these dolls I may have to save up the $$ for them for Christmas!
Cute! and weird too

Janine -sorry about Shannon's timetable How's her sore spot today? Better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
I didn't mention I got a response from G's teacher over the weekend. You know, to the long email explaining all the change she's been through the last year and some tips to help prevent the meltdowns.

She said the district had something called Begindergarten, designed for the kids that were 4YO when they were supposed to start kindy. They call it the "gift year", basically teaches them prepwork for kindy and gives you a free pass to hold them back a year. That if I was interested, she could hook me up but there is only one class for the whole district and it's not at this school, and I'd have to provide transportation.

First of all, WHY didn't anyone tell us this when we registered them? DH talked to multiple people on the phone before going in, told them all that we were a little shell-shocked about starting G early so it's not like they didn't know. Second, I can't do it now, even if I could do the logistics of transport (which I can't, I can't be in two places at once), the last thing she needs is more change dumped on her. Third, I'm trying really really really hard not to take in personally, as if the teacher is saying G is not ready and should be held back a year, that she's just responding to what I said that we were originally not planning to send her until next year in Texas. But of course it's eating me up a little. Honestly, from what I see of the other kids she's not much different, but of course I'm not in the classroom.
ugh Cheryl -sorry about this whole situation. And while it's hard not to take it personally, maybe look at it like she's offering you an opportunity that wouldn't normally be available but she's willing to pull some strings for you if you want.
You know G best -if you think she can handle it, I'm sure she'll be fine. It sounds like "academically" she knows a lot of the stuff she'd learn in kindy anyway, and this year will give her a chance to adjust to the routine and social setting of school.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:12 AM   #25
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
ugh Cheryl -sorry about this whole situation. And while it's hard not to take it personally, maybe look at it like she's offering you an opportunity that wouldn't normally be available but she's willing to pull some strings for you if you want.
You know G best -if you think she can handle it, I'm sure she'll be fine. It sounds like "academically" she knows a lot of the stuff she'd learn in kindy anyway, and this year will give her a chance to adjust to the routine and social setting of school.
Thanks, Becca. I'm really trying to see it that way, that she's just mentioning it because it's a special thing I could consider, not that she's necessarily recommending that she needs it. And that is exactly what I expected her kindy class to be, she's always going to be academically ahead in many areas, and the same or behind on others.

Ginger has now informed me I need to put the computer away, my coffee cup in the sink, and turn the lights off in the living room for her convenience. BBL.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:13 AM   #26
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No better Becca but she has a doctors appointment at 4:50pm so we'll know more then.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:17 AM   #27
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Morning all!!

C peed on the potty again this morning!!! I was trying to catch her poop but she wasnt interested in that and chose to poop in her diaper instead.

Poor Shannon

Cheryl you know Ginger best. Tantrums really don't sound out of place for a child her age. If you think she can handle it I would leave her there. Also is kindergarten mandatory there? If not, what about pulling her out and starting her again in kindy next year?
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:22 AM   #28
TJR2119
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Tania....I did not start loosing weight this time until I could get to the point of being happy and content with my current body. You have to love yourself where every you are on your journey. It is sometimes hard to do and I find it easier to get down on myself. Everyday I try to find one good thing to think about myself.

Oh and I found a great outfit for my brothers award ceremony today!!!!
Thank you for this Jen! Exactly what I needed to hear

We need to see your outfit
TJR2119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:25 AM   #29
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Today is going to be very hard on me

I am watching my nephews until this afternoon ....she had no place else for them to go...i am going to go nuts....plus i have to drive to the farm today which is 1 1/2 hrs each way i dont wanna do today.

Hopefully i can check in often....most likely not...

need to start diapers and bring in the swing...
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:29 AM   #30
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
Today is going to be very hard on me

I am watching my nephews until this afternoon ....she had no place else for them to go...i am going to go nuts....plus i have to drive to the farm today which is 1 1/2 hrs each way i dont wanna do today.

Hopefully i can check in often....most likely not...

need to start diapers and bring in the swing...