Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2010, 05:22 AM   #1
chippybug10
Registered Users

Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers WIP 9/13/2010

Morning!

DH starts his new job today, I'm so excited for him!

Anyone else going to be buying the Andalusia pattern by Teresa of Comfort Wool? It looks like it's being released soon and I'm definitely getting it. It seems to be an interesting cardi pattern, which is nice bc I'm so bored of the cardi I'm working on now. I'm hoping to order some BBR this week for this pattern.

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 05:31 AM   #2
amberlyn87
Registered Users
seller

Re: Knitters/Hookers/Spinners/Dyers WIP 9/13/2010

Morning all!

I'm going to sell some yarn today to fund some interlock longies for Mason.. at this age he's so rough on knit pants so I'd like to get mostly interlock for him since he's not totally potty learned yet.

Lauren, I think i'll be getting the Andalusia pattern once it's released. I'm working on your longies all day, and will be back later with photos..
Old 09-13-2010, 05:42 AM   #3
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all! It seems impossible to get on here during the weekends anymore. We have all the fence posts up in the backyard now along with the wooden play set Pretty soon I'll have the backyard I've been longing for I can sit and knit while DS and the dog run around without worrying.....they'll be locked in

I had to completely frog the longies I was working on The short rows didn't look right and then when I frogged back, the boys (my DS and nephew) ended up messing me up when I was getting it all back together, and it didn't pay to try and fix it; I Just started over. Another inch though and I'll be right back where I was before! Plus I get fluffy mail today from Char and a box full of newborn/small contours for baby! Though DH is home today and will get to them first

Ashley - I didn't read through Sunday's thread, but I'd test a cocoon for you if you don't have enough people yet. I've been wanting to make one
Old 09-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, Kendall, that sucks about the frogging!! I was knitting a mitten yesterday and complaining about the pattern because it called for a seam down the inside of the thumb when DH leaned over, asked to see it, and then promptly frogged it for me. In the end, he was right but it was an odd thing for him to do.

Today is off to a bang start. DD1 woke me at 5 with the words, "I puked!" That is one thing I dread hearing. Ugh. I ALWAYS get the pukes when one of the girls has them.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:30 AM   #5
TheLittleButtonBakery
Registered Users
Formerly: littlemonkeyfoot
seller

My Mood:

Good Morning. No where near enough sleep My DS thinks that between 12 and 6 he should get up every hour and a half. I dont get it b/c he will sleep from bedtime till 12 or 1 but after that forget it. I did get some good knitting done last night and hopefully some more today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
OKay.. Really.. Just PM me already.. What would you like oiut of the owl fabric. I am rolling in it right now.
SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEE! Will do!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekamc View Post
My computer got sick but my friend is a puter doctor so I have it back now Just caught up on everything. Some amazing things I missed. But I'm back baby
Do you just love when you know someone who can fix something! And they are awesome enough to do it free/cheap!! A friend of ours saved our computer a while back and as a Thanks I backed up some AWESOME chocolate chip muffins. Plus DH went and fixed their van Sat

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekamc View Post
Look what is coming to live with me

Staceyroo77 made it for me. She was looking for sock monkey fabric and I happened to have a yard sitting around. So I sent the whole thing to her for her order and then did a trade for this. I freaking love it It's a 2t so I am going to make Roanin some matching longies. I'm going to dye up some yellow/red/brown/and naturaul to go with it. Then next year Tiernen can wear it. Did I mention my DH loathes LOATHES sock monkeys.
CUTE!!! My BIL loves sock monkeys Im going to knit these
for my niece-to-be

Quote:
Originally Posted by zander's mama View Post
Morning all! It seems impossible to get on here during the weekends anymore. We have all the fence posts up in the backyard now along with the wooden play set Pretty soon I'll have the backyard I've been longing for I can sit and knit while DS and the dog run around without worrying.....they'll be locked in

I had to completely frog the longies I was working on The short rows didn't look right and then when I frogged back, the boys (my DS and nephew) ended up messing me up when I was getting it all back together, and it didn't pay to try and fix it; I Just started over. Another inch though and I'll be right back where I was before! Plus I get fluffy mail today from Char and a box full of newborn/small contours for baby! Though DH is home today and will get to them first

Ashley - I didn't read through Sunday's thread, but I'd test a cocoon for you if you don't have enough people yet. I've been wanting to make one
YUCK about the frogging

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
Oh, Kendall, that sucks about the frogging!! I was knitting a mitten yesterday and complaining about the pattern because it called for a seam down the inside of the thumb when DH leaned over, asked to see it, and then promptly frogged it for me. In the end, he was right but it was an odd thing for him to do.

Today is off to a bang start. DD1 woke me at 5 with the words, "I puked!" That is one thing I dread hearing. Ugh. I ALWAYS get the pukes when one of the girls has them.
OH NO!! Sorry about the puke!! I hope it all passes quickly!
TheLittleButtonBakery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 06:34 AM   #6
zander's mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

DH's can be weird

I hope things go well for you today Hopefully it won't be bad.
Old 09-13-2010, 06:54 AM   #7
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshleyLD View Post
Not too shabby for the first try in a long time!!!

I NEEEEEEEEEEEEED SOME!!!!!!!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valeriepdx View Post
One of my favorite LYS had a progressive sale this week. It started off 20% off and each day it got 5% more. Today was 50% off of all kinds of stuff. I went and to 11 skeins of yarn. Mostly OWool solids, but also 2 kitchen sink dye works and 1 skein of Imperial Stock Ranch Columbia. I can't wait to knit the Columbia, it feels a lot like MMW and it is local here. Super squishy and springy! I got natural and I'm gonna do some cabled longies for stock. I also got a pair of 9" circulars. Anyone use these? I'm good with the 12"ers, but I hate stretching them around the newborn legs. They use a different muscle in my thumb, so I think it'll take me a while to get used to them. All in all a great day at the LYS!!
How much is the Columbia per skein Valerie?
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:00 AM   #8
marķa
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chippybug10 View Post
Morning!

DH starts his new job today, I'm so excited for him!

Anyone else going to be buying the Andalusia pattern by Teresa of Comfort Wool? It looks like it's being released soon and I'm definitely getting it. It seems to be an interesting cardi pattern, which is nice bc I'm so bored of the cardi I'm working on now. I'm hoping to order some BBR this week for this pattern.
I“m so waiting for it

Quote:

And morning

April sweetie i don“t know what to say
marķa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
shel*bel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning ladies! Sorry about the puke. DH and I have a relatively fair way of dealing with puke: I clean the child, he cleans any bedding, rugs, etc.

I hope everyone had a good weekend! I went and watched my oldest's varsity game (he didn't get to play, but he did get to dress, which was exciting enough for a sophomore!) on Friday. It was raining and my younger two were only content to sit in the stands for about 15 minutes before they wanted to run and play. So DH and traded off sitting in the stands and chasing the little ones. Saturday was DS2's first football game! He had a BLAST! DH is coaching and DS1 is assistant coaching (since the football association didn't give him any other coaches, even though all other teams have 3 - 4 coaches ). It is so great to see three of my boys all having a great time together!

I got some good knitting time in too! these are currently blocking... I'll get pics of them all prettied up later.

I'm back to working on the repurposed DD goldfish project. I'm almost done with the kimono. I'll get pics of it later today (hopefully).

Last edited by shel*bel; 09-13-2010 at 07:04 AM.
shel*bel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 07:03 AM   #10
marķa
Banned

My Mood:

cute!!
marķa is offline   Reply With Quote