Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-13-2010, 07:28 PM   #11
SazBaby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How Many of you have had ultrasounds

At our 20w scan, we were told 90% sure it was a girl. We're planning on re-using everything from DD. We have NO boyish stuff, and only like 3 GN things, so we're SCREWED if it's a boy! LOL, it kills me to think that on rare occasion they are wrong... but it does happen!!

Advertisement

Old 09-13-2010, 08:26 PM   #12
TofuScramble
Registered Users
Formerly: DesertMomma

My Mood:

One of my last pregnancies, there was a couple in our childbirth education class who were about 34 weeksish- just found out they were having a boy after being told at their 20w u/s that it was a girl So at least the big surprise wasn't at the birth, but still, they had to return/exchange a lot of things.
TofuScramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:11 PM   #13
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

It happened to me! Twice if you count the first u/s (which was actually right) where they told me it was a boy at 18 weeks. I had a fetal echo (different ultrasound machine, different doctor and tech) at 20 weeks and asked them to re-check the gender and they said "definitely girl". At 28 weeks I had a growth scan and was told that this baby is undeniably a boy (they even printed a pic of his gender parts to prove it ). I am still on the fence about believing if this u/s was right or not, so I'm only buying GN clothes for the baby right now, and I have baby clothes from my DS and I kept almost everything I bought during the two months that we thought the baby was a girl.

I know people these days rely on technology and it's hard to believe with all of modern medicine's advances, there can still be gender-determination mistakes, but it happens. In my DDC (November) two other mamas have had their initial ultrasound results turn out to be wrong at a follow-up. Good luck, mama! I say, shop til you drop but leave the tags on and save your receipts

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

Last edited by serendipity10410; 09-15-2010 at 06:38 AM.
serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:13 PM   #14
serendipity10410
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyshanti View Post
sara where u at lol
my frined onmyddc had 1 said boy
then one said def girl
then another said def.boy
hope they got it right lol
Here I am!!! Note: the green in my siggy now

and not-so- newbie L 11/10

Last edited by serendipity10410; 09-13-2010 at 09:15 PM.
serendipity10410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 09:24 PM   #15
sillymama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Both of mine have been right but the ultrasound tech said she was never wrong b/c if she wasn't sure she wouldn't say. I'm at a different practice now, so I'm hoping for no surprises this time. I have a friend whose youngest son is just over two and she was told he was a girl. Didn't find out until he was born that that was not the case. I have found, in my non-expertise experience, that ultrasound techs tend to be more correct than doctors when it comes to ultrasounds.
sillymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 12:56 AM   #16
suzyq010104
Registered Users

When I was pregnant with my second set of twins I was told it was a boy and a girl. I was quite surprised when I delivered two boys. This was back in 2003 and I have had 3 children since then and the ultrasounds techs have been correct with the last 3.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:00 PM   #17
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When I was a L&D nurse I saw quite a few "mistakes" and going both ways - told boy and it was a girl and vise versa. The one lady was so happy it was a mistake because she had 5 boys at home and was told she was having another boy. I think if she could have jumped off the c/s table she would of. She demanded to see the girl parts before they took the baby out of the surgical suite. Then she started crying so bad she was having a difficult time breathing and the anesthesiologist and doctor had no idea why she was so upset. They had no clue she was crying tears of sheer joy!
Old 09-16-2010, 06:21 PM   #18
momof_3

Formerly: momof_2girls
seller
seller

My Mood:

Both of my girls were said to be girls. But my mom was told I was a boy but obviously I'm not! However that was 26yrs ago and I think the machines have gotten so much more clear now.
Old 09-16-2010, 06:28 PM   #19
doubleddog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I know a couple who was told they were having a girl and found out after the baby was born that it was a boy. The "baby" is 4 now, so not super long ago.
Babywearing, CDing SAHM. I love my DH and my 3 sweet girls, looking forward to meeting team green baby #4 April 2013.
doubleddog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:31 PM   #20
amanda_rocks
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

13 years ago I was told my little bean was for sure a boy.. we had a shower and everything- well 2 weeks before I had HER they changed it to a girl in an emergency u/s my other 2 were right- and they claim the newest will be girl #4 for us- I believe them- the machines now are awesome.