Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2010, 04:10 PM   #11
tripmomplus1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How old was your EBF baby the first time you left him/her?

Reading this made me feel super crazy LOL I just left my little guy for the first time since he was born, and he is 12 months.

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 05:45 PM   #12
nicole999
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Left mine with DH and a bottle of BM at 5 weeks for about 2 hours. Just left him (at 7.5 months) for the first time with a non-family member (child minding at my gym). If he's not taking a bottle just go to a resturant very close to your house. That way if he needs to be fed you can always get home fast (or go home, feed him and come back to enjoy the rest of your dinner).
Wife and best friend to loving DH , and mama to DS #1(4yrs) and expecting DS#2 (19/9/14

Last edited by nicole999; 09-14-2010 at 05:46 PM.
nicole999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 07:56 PM   #13
umphreysmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripmomplus1 View Post
Reading this made me feel super crazy LOL I just left my little guy for the first time since he was born, and he is 12 months.

Yup my DD is only 9 months but I have yet to leave her also. She has never had a bottle and we just take her wherever we go. She is great at restaurants so far too!
Old 09-14-2010, 08:03 PM   #14
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

My husband and I went to Red Lobster for a VERY quick dinner on Valentine's Day (the day before actually) so Luke would have been 4 months old. He was on a good "routine" (we feed on demand, but he's always been self-scheduling).

I knew we could feed him at my sister's, drive to the restaurant, eat, and get back in about 2 hours and he'd be ok.

My sister was able to get him to take about 1/2 an oz from a bottle & fall asleep.

He has almost NEVER taken a bottle for DH or I. (he did once when he was sick with hand/foot/mouth & it hurt to nurse)

We left him again about a month later with MIL for a quick dinner too. Then we didn't leave him again until about 2 weeks ago.

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:11 PM   #15
staceyeileen
Registered Users
seller

2.5 weeks, left him with brother and sister-in-law while DH and I went to Valentine's day dinner for about 2 hours total. He slept the whole time.
staceyeileen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:20 PM   #16
TeachinAuntie
Registered Users
Formerly: sgoe***
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh if you're really worried about it, my IDEAL situation would be to have the "babysitter" go walk around a nearby store with baby...that way if she gets fussy the sitter could bring her by for a nurse break & then take her back when she's done...you'd still get to go out to eat but w/o the worry!

TeachinAuntie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:29 PM   #17
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

15 months for a long period of time
momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 08:32 PM   #18
GEMQEMCABOOSE
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Um, maybe 4 days old? With all 3 of them actually. I would head out for a walk for 45 minutes or run to the store for an hour and a half or so. Our newbies have all eaten every 2.5-3 hours so plenty of time to slip out between nursing sessions. Husband and I have resumed date dinners for an hour or two by the time each of ours were 2 weeks old. Now I will say that I have never left my children overnight, except one business trip when DS1 was 2 years old and he stayed home with daddy for 3 days.
Leslie Helpmeet since 1999. WAHM to Big(04), Middle(08) and Little(09) and Double Blessings (10/13).Granola crunchy, scheduling, Evangelical Liberal mommy that CDs, BFs, ERFs, & BWs. An attached parent without the Attachment Parenting.
GEMQEMCABOOSE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 PM   #19
wildintheory
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first first it was when I had gallbladder surgery when he was 4 months old and he made it through that day but other than that it was when I went back to work when he was 10 months old. With DD, I really wanted her to be able to take the occasional bottle so we started at about 4 weeks. It went great and at about 6 weeks I went for a massage. Since I've been to the dentist and had another massage. I like knowing that she's okay if I have to be gone for a couple hours.
Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 AM   #20
mel j
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As long as you trust your mom to watch your LO, your LO will probably be just fine!

Personally, I didn't leave my oldest except to take a nap when he was very young, and that was with my husband The first time I let someone look after him, he was 14 months old and it was with my MIL right after my daughter was born, so I could rest a bit. She came to our place to watch him, too. He was only babysat by someone else for the first time recently!

My daughter is now 10.5 months and still hasn't been watched by anyone besides my husband! If I really needed her to be babysat though or we wanted to have a night out, I wouldn't have a problem with asking the couple we are friends with who watched my son to also watch her.

I am just concerned with my MIL b/c she likes to spoil them and give them junk food - which I am not comfortable with, but it doesn't bother me as much with my son, but my daughter is barely even on solids still (we're doing BLW). But I know the couple we are friends with who live nearby wouldn't do that.
mel j is offline   Reply With Quote