Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2010, 06:19 AM   #21
br112
Registered Users

Re: How old was your EBF baby the first time you left him/her?

My brother in law kicked me and DH out of the house for a date when DS was only 10 days old. It was our last chance to go on a date before he deployed and we were only gone about an hour.

Advertisement

br112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 06:49 AM   #22
va703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS#1 was 8 weeks old the first time I left him, to go back to work. He never took a bottle well, in spite of introducing it early. He's stubborn like that, still is.

DS#2 didn't get left for a loooong time, probably 9 months or so. He didn't take a bottle well but took a sippy cup fine at 9 months so he had pumped milk in a sippy. No biggie.

DS#3 I left for a few hours to go out for our 10th anniversary when he was 3 weeks old. He takes a bottle beautifully and hasn't had any problems with me leaving (I work weekends.)

Happy mama to my 4 handsome boys
va703 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 08:03 AM   #23
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

My oldest was over 7 months and I ran to the grocery store to buy laundry detergent. I was gone for 13 1/2 minutes and it was the longest 13 1/2 minutes ever . But she survived and was totally fine. It wasn't until she was over a year that I left her for more than an hour and she was totally fine and of course not ebf at that point.

My youngest was 3 weeks old when I ran to get her big sister's birthday cake. I was gone for maybe 45 minutes or so and apparantly she screamed the entire time. I never really left her for more than about 45 minutes to an hour until she was about 11 months old and then I left her for about 6 hours to go out with my mom and sister and she was completely fine.
Old 09-16-2010, 09:16 AM   #24
THBVsMama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

She was about 2 months old when we left the kids with my parents to go to a movie and dinner. The movie we wanted to see wasn't playing until much later than we thought, so we just went to dinner. We were gone a little over an hour and she did just fine. However, I have a few exceptions to where she screamed the entire time because she WON'T take a bottle and wanted me. Thankfully she's older now (8mos) and will take a cup. We don't really leave her anywhere, though. The last time was a month ago and it was so DH & I could catch a movie. She's able to go a good 3 hours w/o nursing so it wasn't a problem.

expecting our 2nd baby
girl next March

THBVsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 02:20 PM   #25
Roxanne010
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was just thinking about trying to go out for dinner but I think we would bring Anna with us (she just hit 3 months) she's never had a bottle, won't take a paci and I really can't try a bottle because we have hads lots of problems because of tongue-tie and high palate so I was thinking we could get a sitter for the older kids and just bring her along Good luck, you can always try, if it doesn't work the worst is you grab your food to go and come home right?
Roxanne010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:17 PM   #26
luvlygrl
Registered Users

I first left my daughter at 6 weeks and my son at 4 weeks. Both I was away for only a couple of hours. They would take a bottle but I hated pumping so I just made sure I was back by the time they needed to eat again.
luvlygrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
hilaryisinked
Registered Users
seller
seller

I haven't left DD for more than an hour (during the day to take diapers to the post office) and I nursed her right before I left.
hilaryisinked is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #28
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know I left before 6wks for a few hours but I don't remember exactly the week. I feed right before I left, left some pumped in the fridge, and fed as soon as I got home. It all went well It really can't hurt to try to get out. Some times babies just will not take the bottle when mom offers it because they know there is the good stuff inches away My boys didn't want to take the bottle but with dad holding them they cried a bit, dribbled it a bit down their chin and then milked the hell out of it as if waiting for me to pop in and rescue them I think it best to introduce a bottle to all BF babies just in case mom and dad NEED to get out or mom has to have some medical procedure done. That is unless there is a medical reason why baby can't take a bottle, there are lots of them. You just never know what could happen these days so I have always given the occational bottle with pumped milk. With 3 boys under my belt I do NEED to occationally get out!

Last edited by TaraR; 09-16-2010 at 09:58 PM.
TaraR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 PM   #29
LadybugMonkey
Registered Users
Formerly: Confused mum
seller
seller

My Mood:

I started leaving him with DH when he was 5 weeks old so I could go back to playing soccer. It was 1-2 times per week and 2-2.5 hours at a time. I would leave pumped milk.

Our first day away from him was around 7 months so we could go out snowboarding. Otherwise my mom would often help by coming over to babysit while I did chores around the house, or come with me and watch him so I could get stuff done earlier. I lucked out, my parents arranged their retirement when they found out we were expecting so they could spend more time with him.
Old 09-16-2010, 11:04 PM   #30
AZmommy
Registered Users
seller

Exept for a few short store trips where I've left the baby (ussually napping) with DH I haven't left Margaret yet...
I want to say Cecilia was around 6 months?? Now she did take both breast and formula so not exactly the same, but I do thing that was the age.. It was a disaster though only cause I dared trust my crazy MIL...
DH and I went to dinner and a movie when we left we had her in a sposie (trying to be fully asccomndating) and left a whole spare package and a whole box of wipes she was also left playing in a pack N play (which she always liked) when we returned she was screaming her head off... cause they had both let her sit in the same diaper the entire time AND hadn't bothered taking her out of the pack N play the ENTIRE almost 6 hours....
Needless to say after that we were in no hurry..

Deanna

Deanna mom to Cecilia 10-26-02 and Margaret 3-8-10
AZmommy is offline   Reply With Quote