Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-14-2010, 02:50 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Tuesday

Advertisement

Old 09-14-2010, 02:55 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
hey all home and settled in. Jerry and I chatted about the swimming issue and hope we can make it work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Back from dancing. Get this. E is the ONLY kid in his class. Not the only boy, just the only one, period. Man, the economy really must be bad. When I was teaching, we used to have waiting lists for people wanting to get their kids in. E had a good time and liked his teacher though - now to get him to practice. We'll try before bed.

With traffic and travel, a 45 minute dance class is going to take us 2 hours from the time we leave until we get home. And that's in good weather. What was I thinking again?
Is his teacher ok with only having one student?

Sounds like he might enjoy the one-on-one attention or it might make it difficult because there's no one to dance with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Jim just heard from the headhunter that was trying to hook him up with the job in South Bend. They rejected him. Back to the drawing board!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
Wow, cool video Mel!

I didn't get to hang out and chat this evening due to Avery using the computer for her Math, Spanish and LA homework. She got a 33 on her first math quiz (she said it was a pop quiz, and that the whole class did bad on it). The paper was marked with several notes like "this was on our notes, homework...". And some of the questions just weren't even done because she ran out of time.
I told her she needs to bring her math book home everynight, and we will talk about what they are doing in class, and I will go over her homework problems with her when she is done, to make sure she "gets it". She said she can get a pass to go into her classroom early for extra help, especially before tests.

Anyhoo. Catch you all tomorrow! I've got B's room rearranged, and he is sleeping up on the boat part of the bed tonight, while I am camping out down on the trundle. I will have to try to start going out of the room, unless he needs me, over the weekend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
thats right she just isnt working which she was such a hard worker last year. She just needs to get motivated is all, stuck in summer mode. She has time to get it mostly if not all done during school...but when the teacher turns her back she is just sitting there.... idk why...she spaces and says she doesnt know how to do it when she does....Hopefully MIL worked her hard tonight.... her bedtime is in 1/2 hr so hopefully she is done...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
That sucks ST. I hope she starts doing more in school. I can't imagine nights trying to get a kids that age to do that much homework!

Ru's home. We're watching some football.
I'm really hope this year isn't as bad as last year too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeliaGreen View Post

Good morning Janine!
Morning Adelle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by niftysmith View Post

Good morning, Janine.
Morning Tif!
Old 09-14-2010, 03:08 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got up at 5:50am....Fynn woke up but I gave him his schnuller and he went back to sleep.

I got dressed,
I got the bags ready,
I got girls up and dressed,
We got out the door on time today.

I took Derry to speech therapy....the therapist told me Derry was totally different last week, she was quiet, not bouncing around, not talking in her silly baby voice and she wondered why that was.

It seemed to me she was implying that she behaves differently for Heiner. I didnt know what to think....is it my fault that she behaves like she does???

Then it came to me after I got cross with her being silly and I told her to snap out of it and behave (she tried to trip me up) and then she stopped bouncing around, was quiet and stopped talking in her baby voice.

It's not me, she was just sad. Either she'd been told off for something or other or maybe it was because Fynn and I were in the hospital.

She did do a test with her last week...IDK what test it was exactly but it was to do with how well she can listen and repeat sounds she hears. Nonsense words and numbers. Apparently she can do much better than is expected of her age group. She said Derry should have gotten 75% of the 4 number digits right....she got 100% of them right, all the way up to 6 digit numbers.
Old 09-14-2010, 03:21 AM   #4
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Diapers are washing,
Sausages are out and defrosting for dinner.
Had some breakfast

I took my paperwork to the right office (I know the words in German but it wont make any sense to you) and now all I can do is hope and that Heiner got it right the first time and I get my money quickly. I've been asking/reminding/telling Heiner to get it done for about 4 MONTHS and he missed the deadline...so now I'm 300€ short every month until the paperwork is sorted and I've got no health insurance either.

Fynn and I went to talk to the ice cream parlour lady. We didn't have any ice cream today though. We ate half a tub on Sunday so I didn't want any this morning. Fynn got shy when the woman spoke to him and tried to hide in my boobs which I thought was really funny...none of the girls ever did that.

Anyway, now we're home and just waiting for nap time which is about now
Old 09-14-2010, 05:01 AM   #5
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning mamas. God, I'm so tired.

Janine, I missed what the paperwork is for. Hugs anyway. Sounds frustrating.

Time to get #1 up. And Ian is fussing a bit, that's going to make it fun, LOL.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:32 AM   #6
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning mamas! Look at us crazies up at this hour Cheryl, with our kids to get off to public school. E is dressed and having breakfast. Ru and I will walk him there together this morning, and he'll take the bus home.

Janine, I don't think the teacher minded too much that E was the only one in the class. And hopefully the one-on-one attention means that next year he could move up a level, and there would be more people in his class then. And that Shannon has less homework this year. How is she doing on the medication?

Okay, Ru is down and drinking her coffee, so it's my turn to go get dressed. At 7:30. This is all very odd for me!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:38 AM   #7
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning. I couldn't sleep, so I'm up for a bit. Sorry about the paperwork, Janine...that does not sound like fun.

I was also thinking that Derry was acting differently because it was her first day with the therapist and she was not comfortable yet being herself?

I'm taking pictures of some fiber I have for a possible trade. I'm not going to use it until I get a wheel, and who knows when that will be
Old 09-14-2010, 05:55 AM   #8
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ooooh fun M3. I'm sure you'll get takers. Your fibres stash is

Okay, off to walk E to school. BBL!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 05:56 AM   #9
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all. I am up as well. Getting up at 5:30 again to have some quiet time in the morning before I am on deck to be with MH. I have a load of laundry to fold and one to more to the dryer. Need to get myself dressed too and some breakfast.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 06:11 AM   #10
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Well that's done. Hopefully she is interested in something so I can get V a BRI skirty and leggings Now I will go back and crawl in bed with my babe. Have a good morning mama's and I'll talk with you when we wake up in about 4 hours