Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2010, 04:03 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 04:17 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
my baby in my lap is kicking the baby on my lap
Awwww that's sweet. Brotherly love already

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Bekah, I love my lovey. It is so nice to sleep on at night. And it's beautiful!
I adore mine too....like sleeping on a cloud, right?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by erin13 View Post
Janine, how did I miss you were having this surgery? that it all goes well. Is it tomorrow? I'm sorry - bad me for not paying closer attention!!!!

wow, here I thought they just fixed it!

I think that feeling is going around the b2b mamas.

I'm sure you have already, but have you tried different holds? My friend was having latch troubles and tried the kangroo hold that that seemed to help.
Not today....It's booked for next week on Thursday. I can be in and out on the same day. The method is called LASH, they leave the neck of the womb in place and only take out the womb space that is not attached to the inside of the body. I have Endometriosis (sp?) which explains the massive pain I've been having all my menstrual life. It wasn't seen when they did the OP to look for it because it's inside the walls of my womb. LASH is easy to get over. I'll be top fit in a week. I can go straight home and will have not other side effects from it. If the pain continues it means the endometriosis in also in the neck of the womb and I'll have to decide then if I can deal with that pain or have it also removed....that's a bigger OP and takes a lot longer to heal from.

I tried a different method of latching him today and it hurt a lot less

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
My old neighbor just posted on facebook something that made me spit coke:

Lady Gaga said her "meat dress" was a political statement. I personally think it was just a cruel way to taunt all the tiny purse dogs celebrities carry around. I'm going to make a political statement about the lack of salaries for stay at home moms. My dress will be made out of wet wipes, happy meal boxes, and silly bandz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethannp View Post
I'm having a really bad night. Kind of just melting down I guess, I've known this was coming for a few weeks, but there was no way to stop it

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
#$%&*

I want a huge diet coke and a gallon of chocolate ice cream...Super crabby again tonight. I really really need to swim tomorrow night desperately so....need a release and a break from being a mom and wife and teacher for an hour

Quote:
wipe out here

Quote:
Jerry went and got me a fountain diet coke...he is a good man.

I have to do something tomorrow Mel or I will go bonkers. So swimming at I am guessing about 6:45 pm is what we will try.

I also so need to get back on my pill. I am one of those strange folks that actually has more calm and even hormones on the pill then I do off the pill. So I will make an appointment to see the doc and get the pill again next month.
Jerry is great

....most of the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
I can't stop eating peanut butter kiss cookies I've had 5 in total today!
They are really good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Murph View Post
Ethan had his first dental checkup last week. He definitely has one cavity, and his two front teeth next to it are starting to get cavities, too. The dentist said I need to wean him, which I'm not going to do. But I did get fluoride toothpaste that I use and wipe off. I'm worried it'll get to a point where he will have to get extensive treatment on his teeth.
BTDT...not fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
good morning Janine!
Good morning Becca

If you cant get a circular needle try getting a set of double pointed needles...you should find them in any knitting shop you go to.

Quote:
up again with a terrified MH. she is convinced there are spiders in the bed. we just resorted to spraying natural window cleaner where ever she wanted it to "chase" the spiders away. now after some cottage cheese we are going to try again
Awww poor MH

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdeliaGreen View Post
Morning Janine
Morning Adelle.
Old 09-15-2010, 04:21 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ok, time to go to bed....I need to get rid of this headache from the stress of driving to the hospital.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:03 AM   #4
the_oz_girl
Registered Users

My Mood:

Allergy mornings. Ugh.
the_oz_girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:56 AM   #5
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Morning all. I am up and have too much to do to be sitting here but here I am....

It was about 45 minutes to get MH to get back into bed and stay there. Poor thing. Her adult cousins who help watch her during the day have been telling her not to go under the porch to get the puppies because there are spiders under there. She is not afraid of bugs and WANTS the puppies so she keeps going in there. Unfortunately instead of keeping her out from under the porch the spiders came to visit her in her dreams last night. We tried talking with her and then i held her while Jerry took a flashlight and search her bed and ours and showed here the were no spiders. NOPE. So then I thought well lets try some "spider-be-gone." We all went back in and Jerry sprayed the natural window cleaner we have all over the place. Where ever she pointed to. There were apparently LOTS of spiders in there. Then we went back to the kitchen, had some cottage cheese, some water, read a book and when she asked for another one I said I would read it in bed. She walked right in, looked around and said "all better, spiders all gone." So happy my plan worked. I hated to deceive her but the talking and the showing were just not working and I was tired.
So today Jerry will tell his nieces to STOP saying that to her.

WOTA before work...in the next hour:
get soup together
get a shower
fold 3 or 4 loads of laundry
get everyone breakfast
head out the door on time togehter
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 05:57 AM   #6
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MIL and I have worked it out. She is going to take Thursday and Friday off work next week. FIL will drive me to the hospital on Thursday morning (to be there for 7am) while she stays home with the kids. MIL will then take the girls to kindergarten/school on time (this will be interesting for her, shes never been out in the car with all 4 kids) and Heiner will come and pick me up in the afternoon...as long as I'm well.

I'm going to try and pump milk every night from now till then to have a few feeds available for the Thursday, Starting taking fenugreek last night so that will help with that. I'll have to pump once to get rid of anything from the anaesthetic but they have pumps in the hospital so I can use one of them. I can nurse the evening feed myself.

If I'm not well and have to stay in hospital (which I highly doubt) then MIL is there to see to the kids and Heiner will be home in the afternoons too so the childcare is covered.
Old 09-15-2010, 05:59 AM   #7
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry about Poor MH's night with the spiders Jen

Are there dangerous spiders there?
Old 09-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #8
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes Janine there are, both black widow and brown recluse spiders here.

But the spider thing was really just to scare MH and her little cousin into not going under the porch because everyone wanted them to leave the puppies alone. Her little cousin wont go under the porch anymore but it the spider comment never scared MH and she goes and gets the puppies for both of them, she is not actually afraid of bugs when awake but the spiders in her dreams were apparently terrifying. Jerry will explain to everyone today to STOP trying to scare her and hopefully that will help.

Sounds like a solid plan for the surgery Janine and I am glad you will get to have the easier procedure. I have a mild case of endometriosis and my pill helps with that too.

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 09-15-2010 at 06:06 AM.
Old 09-15-2010, 06:05 AM   #9
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DP
Old 09-15-2010, 06:13 AM   #10
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yes Janine there are, both black widow and brown recluse spiders here.

But the spider thing was really just to scare MH and her little cousin into not going under the porch because everyone wanted them to leave the puppies alone. Her little cousin wont go under the porch anymore but it the spider comment never scared MH and she goes and gets the puppies for both of them, she is not actually afraid of bugs when awake but the spiders in her dreams were apparently terrifying. Jerry will explain to everyone today to STOP trying to scare her and hopefully that will help.

Sounds like a solid plan for the surgery Janine and I am glad you will get to have the easier procedure. I have a mild case of endometriosis and my pill helps with that too.
Things in dreams can be so much scarier than in real life. I'm sure the spiders in her dreams are huge and go after her in a terrifying way....it's like mosquito's, in my dreams, have a knifes and forks and scream Ja-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiine is a high pitched voice...and I'm an adult. I cant imagine what a child's fantasy could do with little spiders in her dreams.

Sorry about the endometriosis Jen....It's horrible

Last edited by ~whitehologram~; 09-15-2010 at 06:14 AM.
~whitehologram~ is offline   Reply With Quote