Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2010, 06:42 AM   #11
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Woolly Wednesday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
Not today....It's booked for next week on Thursday. I can be in and out on the same day. The method is called LASH, they leave the neck of the womb in place and only take out the womb space that is not attached to the inside of the body. I have Endometriosis (sp?) which explains the massive pain I've been having all my menstrual life. It wasn't seen when they did the OP to look for it because it's inside the walls of my womb. LASH is easy to get over. I'll be top fit in a week. I can go straight home and will have not other side effects from it. If the pain continues it means the endometriosis in also in the neck of the womb and I'll have to decide then if I can deal with that pain or have it also removed....that's a bigger OP and takes a lot longer to heal from.

I tried a different method of latching him today and it hurt a lot less
oh wow, endo. sux I have a lot of friends who have that. My SIL, who isn't even 30 yet had it SO bad she had a complete hysterectomy in the spring. She's really struggling about not haveing anymore babies - she has one son and not w/ my brother so they'll never have children together.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Morning all. I am up and have too much to do to be sitting here but here I am....

It was about 45 minutes to get MH to get back into bed and stay there. Poor thing. Her adult cousins who help watch her during the day have been telling her not to go under the porch to get the puppies because there are spiders under there. She is not afraid of bugs and WANTS the puppies so she keeps going in there. Unfortunately instead of keeping her out from under the porch the spiders came to visit her in her dreams last night. We tried talking with her and then i held her while Jerry took a flashlight and search her bed and ours and showed here the were no spiders. NOPE. So then I thought well lets try some "spider-be-gone." We all went back in and Jerry sprayed the natural window cleaner we have all over the place. Where ever she pointed to. There were apparently LOTS of spiders in there. Then we went back to the kitchen, had some cottage cheese, some water, read a book and when she asked for another one I said I would read it in bed. She walked right in, looked around and said "all better, spiders all gone." So happy my plan worked. I hated to deceive her but the talking and the showing were just not working and I was tired.
So today Jerry will tell his nieces to STOP saying that to her.

WOTA before work...in the next hour:
get soup together
get a shower
fold 3 or 4 loads of laundry
get everyone breakfast
head out the door on time togehter
awww, to everyone!!! poor MH

Quote:
MIL and I have worked it out. She is going to take Thursday and Friday off work next week. FIL will drive me to the hospital on Thursday morning (to be there for 7am) while she stays home with the kids. MIL will then take the girls to kindergarten/school on time (this will be interesting for her, shes never been out in the car with all 4 kids) and Heiner will come and pick me up in the afternoon...as long as I'm well.

I'm going to try and pump milk every night from now till then to have a few feeds available for the Thursday, Starting taking fenugreek last night so that will help with that. I'll have to pump once to get rid of anything from the anaesthetic but they have pumps in the hospital so I can use one of them. I can nurse the evening feed myself.

If I'm not well and have to stay in hospital (which I highly doubt) then MIL is there to see to the kids and Heiner will be home in the afternoons too so the childcare is covered.
I'm sure that's a relief.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
Yes Janine there are, both black widow and brown recluse spiders here.

But the spider thing was really just to scare MH and her little cousin into not going under the porch because everyone wanted them to leave the puppies alone. Her little cousin wont go under the porch anymore but it the spider comment never scared MH and she goes and gets the puppies for both of them, she is not actually afraid of bugs when awake but the spiders in her dreams were apparently terrifying. Jerry will explain to everyone today to STOP trying to scare her and hopefully that will help.

Sounds like a solid plan for the surgery Janine and I am glad you will get to have the easier procedure. I have a mild case of endometriosis and my pill helps with that too.
MH seems like a smart cookie - have they actually tried TALKNG to her and explaining why it is a bad idea to get the puppies? That might actually work better than trying to scare her.

not much to do today! gotta make a post office run, but that's not for a few hours!!!

I saw a big black bear as I was putting J on the bus this morning. It was SOOO pretty in the morning sun. It ran into our corn field.

Advertisement

Old 09-15-2010, 06:45 AM   #12
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

good morning mamas!

sorry about the endometriosis, I've heard how painful that can be

the kids were up bright and early, 6:20 then D had a massively runny diaper that leaked all over the kitchen floor and carpet so he had to have a bath. At least he smells good now since he dumped what was left of DH's body wash into the bath. so that's been my morning. We're going to a play group this morning, wish me luck. I'm so painfully anti-social.

ugh. I just had to go clean some more spots, the kid must have been walking all over with poop dripping
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 06:53 AM   #13
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaBex View Post
I can't stop eating peanut butter kiss cookies I've had 5 in total today!
Join the club!
I had one with my breakfast this morning.

Poor MH! That was a great idea to spray them with the "special spray", Jen! I'm glad it worked!

B is watching D. Train, and then we are heading to Kohl's for the first day of the sale (and I have a 30% off coupon ). I usually wait to go on the weekend, when I can leave B home with DH, but everything is picked over by then! I have a handful of birthday gift cards, and merchandise credits to use, and I am going to get some fall things for B, some shoes for me, and a few maternity items for me (including something to wear to church, so we can finally go visit the church we have been wanting to try).
Old 09-15-2010, 07:00 AM   #14
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

WFD: Mac&Cheese (with carrots and sweetcorn) and hot-dog sausages
Old 09-15-2010, 07:11 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Buenos Dias mamas! Welcome Oz!

It is going to be a good day. There is an ice cream social at the school tonight, complete with bounce houses so the kids are besides themselves and very eager to get on with their day. If only we had such motivation every day, LOL.

Today once G is in PM kindy, and Ian is down from his nap, I'm going to sort out all those packages of outgrown CDs I meant to send out weeks ago I have also come to the realization that Ian now is too tall in the rise for all his Blake diapers, so if anyone needs those FFS LMK. There are bumstopper-style mediumish prefitteds, but they are not as luxurious as her HC products are. They are mostly woven prints with microfleece inside, so they will have to be pinned and not snappied. Six of them have snaps on them, only one setting that fits Ian but it would be easy to add more if you wanted them, or to just pin around the snaps.

As much as I'd like to buy a whole stash of XL bumstoppers, I think I'm going to make do with my XL FBs and prefolds, and Gerber trainer undies. I have more than enough of those, and I can use my lone XL bumstopper for naps.

Good luck on the procedure Janine! Glad you got it covered. I wouldn't plan on being in the hossy long, but I would plan on needing extra help for a while. Surgery is still surgery, even "minor" surgery!
Old 09-15-2010, 07:30 AM   #16
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good morning! Malcolm let us all sleep in to 8:45 this morning Then he cuddled with DH and I in bed for about 20 minutes, and now we are up and having a lazy breakfast. DH has today off clinic -he has to go in to the hospital for a bit to round on his inpatients, but he can do that any time.

Janine -Thanks for the tip about the double pointed needles -I'll look for those if I can't find the circular. about the endometriosis and the surgery coming up, and I agree with Cheryl -you probably won't feel back to 100% for a few days, so take it easy after and make Heiner take care of you

Jen -sorry about MH and the bad dreams and on the long night.

Quote:
Things in dreams can be so much scarier than in real life. I'm sure the spiders in her dreams are huge and go after her in a terrifying way....it's like mosquito's, in my dreams, have a knifes and forks and scream Ja-niiiiiiiiiiiiiiine is a high pitched voice...and I'm an adult. I cant imagine what a child's fantasy could do with little spiders in her dreams.
sorry -I know the dream is probably quite terrifying when it happens, but I kind of at it

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
good morning mamas!

sorry about the endometriosis, I've heard how painful that can be

the kids were up bright and early, 6:20 then D had a massively runny diaper that leaked all over the kitchen floor and carpet so he had to have a bath. At least he smells good now since he dumped what was left of DH's body wash into the bath. so that's been my morning. We're going to a play group this morning, wish me luck. I'm so painfully anti-social.

ugh. I just had to go clean some more spots, the kid must have been walking all over with poop dripping
on the rough start to the day, and for drippy poop. Hope you have fun at the play group
Old 09-15-2010, 07:36 AM   #17
Bumstoppers
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl I still have a few of blakes l/xl prefitteds and knock GM if you want em..I will make you a great deal....
Bumstoppers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:41 AM   #18
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Good morning mamas! I just finished up my breakfast of cooked quinoa with raisins and almonds, topped with cinnamon, maple syrup and soy milk. Pretty tasty. E had some oatmeal. Ru is off to work. Now that I've had breakfast, I need to vacuum the floors, put away the clean diaper laundry, and then shower. Once I'm all clean and dressed I have to get supper into the crock pot. I'm making a slow cooker sweet potato chili for supper.

Janine, I am glad that you got everything all figured out for your surgery. I hope that it goes really well for you and that you have a quick recovery!

Sorry about MH's spider nightmares. That is not fun. E wound up in our bed again last night. I think we need to expect him for the next little while, what with school and all.

The ice cream social at the girls' school sounds so fun Cheryl! I hope you guys really enjoy it. Also, when it comes to diapers, would you have any interest in the half-dozen Toddle-ease fitteds I have? I could package them with the size 3 pants... which I am on a mission to track down TODAY!
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:45 AM   #19
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hello from work.

Soup was on when I left. I just realized as I was typing, I did not add any salt but there was salt in the chicken stock so I will not worry too much about that.

MH was still crashed when I had to leave so we did not ride together.

She is up now and no mention of the spiders.

Erin, about explaining to her...that has been tried...she is 2.5 and there are puppies...she cant really hear anything else. Honestly there is no reason she cant go under the porch and get the puppies. They are old enough to be played with. It is really the adults that have the issue, they just doesn't like that she gets so dirty and that there are possible spiders and other bugs under there...SO WHAT! I say she is a kid and kids get dirty and most spiders and bugs aren't under there because that is where the dogs hang out.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2010, 07:48 AM   #20
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and I forgot to tell you. I am in the kitchen this morning getting everything prepped and in the crockpot, doing the dishes and I walk into the living room to fold the laundry and it is all neatly folded...I look around I think..well that is weird. Jerry was still in bed. Apparently Jerry had gotten up, said good morning to me and I was so intent on what I was doing I did not hear him. So he folded the laundry and went back to bed

Last edited by jwjbbrown; 09-15-2010 at 07:51 AM.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote