Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2010, 02:47 PM   #21
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:
Re: motherhood maternity scam?

They explained it clearly to me. However I believe she told me the wrong date I had to cancel by. But I think I must have got the 2 year subscript because I keep getting them and my account has not been charged again.

Advertisement

Old 09-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #22
g&g
Registered Users

My Mood:

I was told it was a free subscription when I shopped at a Pea in the Pod....I haven't been charged and I keep getting it.
Katy, outnumbered Marine wife/mom/geologist to a spunky Hoo, a sweet Pipes, with #3 due in Aug, and 2 crazy wiener dogs, Graben and Gabi.

g&g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 07:59 PM   #23
musicalisa
Registered Users
seller

I'm not familiar with this particular instance BUT Motherhood did give my address out to numerous companies including the Similac "Welcome Addition Club" which really ticked me off. It took me ages (and a notarized letter to Similac) to find out where they got my info from.
musicalisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 10:02 PM   #24
MamaStick
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes, but this was through F.Y.E. for Xbox Magazine. We were told that we qualified for a free subscription with our purchases that day. No 'you need to cancel' or anything. The next month we started seeing charges from a magazine company on our Paypal (we use the PayPal CC).

Turns out the company does this through many retailers - I forget their name, now. I called F.Y.E. and complained, the manager claimed they didn't know, it took forever to get the charges to stop.
Old 09-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #25
jeddings
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The last time I shopped there I refused to give them any of my personal information they asked for. They looked at me like I was crazy. But I looked at them like they were crazy for thinking I should share all that info with a store I'm buying a pack of underware from. That's really just ridiculous!!!
jeddings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:01 AM   #26
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squeaky McMurdo View Post
How did you get away with that? I tried to buy some nursing bras there and they wouldn't sell them to me because I refused to give them my e-mail address.
I would just give out a bogus email, or one of my old junk email addresses. I really dislike people demanding to have my personal information.....especially when I know they're just going to send me junk mail, or sell my email address to other people who are going to send me junk mail!!
Old 09-17-2010, 02:05 PM   #27
StaceyS
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes, it did happen to me. I was told it was a free trial and I specifically asked if it was going to be charged to my CC and was told no. Of course, i was suspicious so I kept a very close eye on that account. It did get charged and I called Motherhood who directed me to the magazine itself. I called them and demanded to be refunded and they did it for me no problem, but I am still MAD as all get out that this happened. I don't believe it is in good business practice to do this to people at all. I do NOT like giving my phone number or personal details to any store to make a purchase...it is NONE of their business. They either want to make the sale or they don't, but I will never disclose my personal info to them in order to do so.
We love him, because he first loved us.<>< 1 John 4:19
StaceyS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #28
Squeaky McMurdo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetabean View Post
I would just give out a bogus email, or one of my old junk email addresses. I really dislike people demanding to have my personal information.....especially when I know they're just going to send me junk mail, or sell my email address to other people who are going to send me junk mail!!
That's what I do now. But that incident when I was buying 3 bras I refused to give any personal information and the gal told me that she was sorry, but she couldn't sell anything to me without my e-mail, put them back on the rack and ushered me out
Squeaky McMurdo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 05:56 PM   #29
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I don't consider it a scam but I don't shop there. I went 1 time for some nursing bras just before my baby was born. A few months later I was bombarded with formula, disposable diapers, magazines etc. It all traced to Motherhood selling my information to all of those companies.
Old 09-18-2010, 05:49 PM   #30
lovemybabies924
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

great she asked me if i wanted a free magazine in my goodie bag and i said sure..but there was no magazine..but i allready pay for that magazine thru mycokerewards...i hope they dont charge me! i better call