Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-04-2011, 12:15 AM   #41
hpfgirl
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: motherhood maternity scam?

It's a very stupid magazine.

Advertisement

3T/4T Trainers, and Toddler AIOs for sale.
hpfgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:23 AM   #42
womanoverwhelmed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yes!!! And it happened to a ton of the women on my DD's birthboard! Just say NO! lol
womanoverwhelmed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 11:40 AM   #43
Fishie Kisses
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

You guys got me all in a panic. I have bought a bunch of stuff from Destination Maternity lately (they sell Motherhood). They never ask for my email, but they do ask for phone number. I actually just called to see why and she said to track my purchases. Whatever. As long as I don't get charged for anything lol I haven't received any phone calls, so I'm betting they don't sell the info there.
Tashauna~~proud wife to my trained boo-boo fixer and mama to 4 boys on earth (Jordan-01/15/08, Logan-12/16/09, Connor-05/17/11)...and finally our rainbow Jackson (11/24/13)! and two in heaven ^i^ (10wks-11/12 and 4 weeks 2/13)
Try SWAGBUCKS and get paid!! I've earned over $1000 just since Jan 1, 2013!!!
Fishie Kisses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 08:26 PM   #44
triplem_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If you ever have a charge show up on your credit card that you did not authorize, or did but never received the product, you can call your CC company and they will reverse the charge. Also, this is sort of standard in the magazine industry- not to charge you without your knowledge- but to offer a "free trial" of a magazine. If you don't cancel, they bill you. A lot of people then feel obligated to pay but there is no obligation. Lastly, if you didn't pay with a CC and therefore can't reverse the charge, call the magazine company and don't take no for an answer. (Yes, I previously worked in the magazine industry and am a big advocate for consumer's rights.) They must refund you if asked.

Last edited by triplem_mom; 02-07-2011 at 08:27 PM. Reason: typos
triplem_mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 10:21 PM   #45
bpure8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've kind of been dreading shopping there this go round! It takes FOREVER to check out. Hate declining this and that and the other.. Can I just walk into the store with a post-it stuck on my fore head saying "If it's not in my arms, I don't want to buy it or try it!"
Old 02-08-2011, 07:10 AM   #46
Ellasundies
Registered Users

They signed me up for it without asking me THEN sent it to the wrong address. My neighbor was receiving the magazine and throwing it out (gee thanks) for months on end. Then she was also getting billing notices. Finally when the 3rd one came out she gave it to me. It said something to the order of, "account in default, 3rd billing notice etc" all over the envelope, which is just slightly embarrassing to say the least.

I called and it was no problem they released me from any obligations but they did ask a ton of questions and sounded like they didn't believe me at first.

They signed me up for a bunch of junk mail though that I (or rather my neighbor ) am still receiving. I think I might file harassment charges against St. Judes. GEEZ they send a ton of junk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpure8 View Post
I've kind of been dreading shopping there this go round! It takes FOREVER to check out. Hate declining this and that and the other.. Can I just walk into the store with a post-it stuck on my fore head saying "If it's not in my arms, I don't want to buy it or try it!"

^^^This is how I feel about Toys R US. I used to LOVE going into that store and now I can't stand it. I'm so sick and tired of them trying to sell me 3-5 extra things. When they were trying to get me to get one of their shopping cards they used the whole "buy ______ and get a package of Pampers free". I said, "No thank you, we cloth diaper". and the cashier actually said, "Oh ewwww".
Ellasundies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:24 AM   #47
3sweetboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was told that I would be receiving 1 free issue. No trial, no cancellation, nothing. Just 1 magazine would come. The magazine never came and then a month later, there's a $20 charge on my bank account from Parenting magazine. I called them, and they were great about it. I explained the entire situation and my money was back in my account within a few days. The woman also apologized and told me that the store should have said free trail and you have to call and cancel or you will be charged and magazines will continue to come. I laughed and said, "I never even got the free issue!" I don't know what she did, but I got a magazine from them for the next 3 months and no more charges. And the people in the store that I spoke to will be a lot more clear with what they're doing too, I'm sure.
3sweetboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:31 AM   #48
rachelmaria
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When I was pregnant, my mother and I went to buy some clothes. They offered the free trial, and a bag of goodies, etc, and we knew it was a lure for the magazine. We agreed to it because we knew the first thing we'd do when we got home was cancel, which we did. So I got my free trial subscriptions (only to find out it is a truly HORRIBLE magazine), and we were never charged. All ok so far.

However, what I wasn't expecting was the ONSLAUGHT of junk mail. I got about a million pamphlets and such from some Cord Blood place and Enfamil and Similac. Ugh!!!!

We did knowingly sign up for a magazine, but not for my address to be sold to junk mail people!!