View Poll Results: Choose your favorite style.
AIO 22 20.95%
AI2 22 20.95%
Pocket 48 45.71%
Covers...with prefolds, fitteds, etc. 28 26.67%
Other...post to explain. 8 7.62%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #11
dublinup
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pocket diapers or All in Ones??

It depends on the day you ask me. I swear I'm a diaper polygamist! Truthfully what I use most changes a lot. I'm mostly into fitteds, AIOs, AI2s. I do reach for my prefolds sometimes too. Pockets are a rare for me to reach for. I don't dislike them, they just aren't my favorite.

Advertisement

Old 09-17-2010, 01:52 AM   #12
Nightowl Jan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

pockets are soft. i like the idea of them but for my daughter they leak alot. unless you have a poclet made with an absorbent inner fabric and a natural fabric insert. i really just prefer a cover over a fitted or a prefold. i like ai2 the best for on the go and for daddy because they are like and aio but the soaker comes off and it all dries faster.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:46 AM   #13
maieranne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love my BGOS organics AIO's. I do use a few pockets at night and like that I can stuff for whatever absorbancy or type of insert we want but I hate stuffing. It wouldn't work for our family to have to stuff 3 times a week after washing.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:51 AM   #14
KimA
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I voted "other" because I have some of everything. Fitteds and covers are my favorite but AIOS come a close second. I love the AI2s and the pocket diapers I had were great because I could extra stuff them if I needed too. DD was a heavy wetter, she is now pled so we needed a little extra most of the time. Fitteds and pockets were the easiest to wash and dry though.
KimA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:52 AM   #15
solnishka7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i voted pockets cause they are my anytime diaper but in the winter my son turns into a fitted or prefold and wool guy
Old 09-17-2010, 08:03 AM   #16
Colleeny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sounds like you have some buildup in those diapers. Try stipping with a TBSP. of DAWN, and rinse, rinse, rinse, till there are no more suds.

QUOTE=Mommy2Zara;11245695]I really like fitteds with wool and/or fleece clothing (shorties/skirties/longies)

I also like pockets (FBOS, BGOS, RaR, katydids) but lately I've been getting leaks and I can't figure out why. Sometimes the insert is barely wet, but around the legs I get leaks..wicking?? Other times her entire shorts (or whatever she's wearing) are just damp?? I'm so confused.

My favorite for ease and reliability are AI0's/AI2's but I much prefer AI2's on laundry day

I also really like PF's trifolded into covers too, just depends on what she's wearing. This is my favorite choice with dresses.[/QUOTE]
Old 09-20-2010, 12:27 AM   #17
sbbeana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I first reach for pockets first (btw, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the OS ones you made me) But back to what I was saying, I love pockets. Love how easy the are to wash and that I can hang dry the shells but toss the soakers into the dryer.

My second favs are AI2's. I specifically use Grobaby/Grovia shells w/grobaby soakers and boosters. I'm also a huge fan of flips too.

My least favorite diapers are AIO's and fitteds. They take forever to dry and it drives me batty. I have tried to love both types but I just can't. As wonderful their absorbency is, being able to clean them well plus the super long drying time is a huge kill joy for me.
Old 09-20-2010, 09:08 AM   #18
Mommyplunder
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I chose "other" because I perfer fitteds or extended tab prefolds with wool.
I am now blessed to be a SAHM to my 3 LOs R (1/1/99), E (4/7/02) and L (4/8/09) and very lucky to be with the love of my life where not only is he the father to my children but my best friend and hero. I follow a celtic pagan tradition and I'm becoming crunchier by the day. I enjoy knitting, sewing and making things with my hands.
Mommyplunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #19
blane,j,&morgansmom
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I like prefolds/flats with covers, either wool or snap cover. Ive done the others, but this is what works for us!
Old 09-20-2010, 09:10 AM   #20
tasundance
Registered Users
seller
seller

AIO's but we do use pockets for nightime so I can add more layers for our long sleeper.
Tricia~29 Married for 11 years to Chad~34. Semi Crunchy mama to Aurora~10, Ethan~8, Jacob~6, Annika~3, Makenna~2, Niko James~1, and blessing #7 due 3/23/14
tasundance is offline   Reply With Quote