Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-09-2010, 09:55 AM   #1
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Anyone still nursing?

I'm so happy that my Ds is still nursing and I'm almost 33 weeks. I was so worried he would wean because of low milk supply but very rarely does he nurse less than 4-5 times a day still.

It certainly has not been easy, in fact very painful but I'm happy we made it though and at this point I would be shocked if he weaned prior to baby time.

Anyone else?

Advertisement

Old 09-09-2010, 10:45 AM   #2
lullaby80
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Anyone still nursing?

Nope, not nursing but good for you!! Man, my boobs were SO sore the first four months that I could barely wear a shirt. So wow, what a great job! If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on nursing both once the baby arrives?
lullaby80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:01 AM   #3
lil'mommakaye
Registered Users
seller

DS weaned exactly at that age ( i had pnumonia and was extremely ill and on meds) WTG willow!! I couldnt imagine nursing right now, my nips are SOOOOOO tender! Do you get contrax when he nurses?

Krystal
Momma to 99, 07 & Stella Grace 10/28/10
~My Star In Heaven~
lil'mommakaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 11:31 AM   #4
Junipervt
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yup, I'm still nursing DD. Usually only twice a day. 1st thing in the morning & at nap. I lost my milk at about 4m & recently got colostrum. She seems to want to nurse more now that they are not empty, but I'm trying to limit her to the twice a day.

It was only sore the 1st few months until I lost my milk & it's not sore anymore.
Old 09-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #5
alishamommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm still nursing DS too who is 20 months. It actually is pretty painful this time around. When I was pregnant with him I was nursing DD and don't remember it being quite as sore. Now mind you she was a tad younger and nursing more then he does. He gets it in the morning when he wakes up and of course before he goes to bed

I'm just a , , , kinda momma -- and I wouldn't have it any other way
alishamommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 12:47 PM   #6
Willows
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lullaby80 View Post
Nope, not nursing but good for you!! Man, my boobs were SO sore the first four months that I could barely wear a shirt. So wow, what a great job! If you don't mind me asking, are you planning on nursing both once the baby arrives?
Yes I would love to tandem nurse, so hopefully it works out. DS is still a mommys boy and I kind of like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lil'mommakaye View Post
DS weaned exactly at that age ( i had pnumonia and was extremely ill and on meds) WTG willow!! I couldnt imagine nursing right now, my nips are SOOOOOO tender! Do you get contrax when he nurses?
No surprisingly not considering I seem to get contractions doing everything else. Maybe it is mental, I want to nurse but I don't want to clean the bathtub, its a good excuse to pawn it off on someone else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junipervt View Post
yup, I'm still nursing DD. Usually only twice a day. 1st thing in the morning & at nap. I lost my milk at about 4m & recently got colostrum. She seems to want to nurse more now that they are not empty, but I'm trying to limit her to the twice a day.

It was only sore the 1st few months until I lost my milk & it's not sore anymore.
I wish mine were sore. I'm pretty sure I haven't had a painless nursing session since I was 5 weeks preggo.
Old 09-09-2010, 01:19 PM   #7
mommyshanti
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my guy still nurses at night getting some yummy colostrum right now
i think i did dry up around 5m. or so tho but then the col. came in soon after
my nips were very very sore in the beginning but they are fine now
im not trying to tandem nurse but it looks like it will be that way for awhile and thats alright w/me
i nursed my other 2 for a lil over 2 years so same w/ this one
glad i didnt get prego when he was very young because that would have been heartbreaking if i did dry up
Old 09-09-2010, 01:33 PM   #8
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh Willow I want to be.. I think dd is done.. self weaned.. it's okay b/c my goal was two and she made it.. it's prob been a week or so...

I know what you mean about it hurting! I don't think there's any milk that's why she just stopped. It was once a day then less than once a day now not really at all.. I honestly want to cry! I did like tandeming (sometimes) and sometimes it was hard.. but was planning on doing it again.. prob not
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 06:41 PM   #9
corey0902
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I wish I was. Sadie stopped a little over a month ago. She looks at them and acts like she is going to latch on but quickly turns her head away. I wanted to tandem nurse so bad. I'm really hoping she picks it back up after the new baby arrives. I guess I should change my siggy
Old 09-10-2010, 02:46 PM   #10
joy7s
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey0902 View Post
I wish I was. Sadie stopped a little over a month ago. She looks at them and acts like she is going to latch on but quickly turns her head away. I wanted to tandem nurse so bad. I'm really hoping she picks it back up after the new baby arrives. I guess I should change my siggy
aww sounds like we are in the same boat.
Spring Joy Jesus following,cding, extended bfing,tandem nursing (again!) , homeschooling, mama milk donating, semi crunchy and green mama. Unemployed ped RN married to my one and only n asl Terp since 2/16/00
my three princesses: a (6/26/04) s (9/15/06) and Z (8/5/08)
and little man Z (11/12/10)
joy7s is offline   Reply With Quote