Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-16-2010, 10:13 PM   #1
wolffie
Registered Users
seller

Did you see this...

Pro- formula feeding onesie at old navy.

http://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produc...scid=771696002

No "Mommy milk powered" onesie option.

Advertisement

Mama to ds '08, dd '10, due w/#3 5/13! wife to Missing my angels 6/07, 10/07, 3/12
Let's swag! SWAG friends!
wolffie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:53 AM   #2
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Did you see this...

What in the world were they thinking? And they have such cute stuff this season...guess we'll be shopping elsewhere!
Old 09-17-2010, 07:56 AM   #3
brewanothercup
Registered Users

My Mood:

The comments on it are the BEST aren't they?
brewanothercup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 07:57 AM   #4
TaraR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I love how other mamas ae leaving reviews saying they are very dissapointed with the whole bottle thing
Old 09-17-2010, 07:58 AM   #5
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I saw that in the store and I couldn't believe it!!
Old 09-17-2010, 08:41 AM   #6
isaacsmum
Registered Users

Sorry, but I just don't see the problem. Sure it would be nice to see bf-inspired sayings on Old Navy tees, but they're not in the business of bf advocacy, they're in the business of making money. A lot more babies are on formula than breastmilk, so why is anyone surprised that they have a novelty tee with a bottle on it. There are lots of other places to get tees with bf messages on them. I'd bet ON has even had them in the past. I actually am pretty appalled by the comments section, though. Ever wonder why some mamas are turned off by bf advocacy? It's because they're constantly hearing women like those telling them what they're doing is disgusting, horrible, nothing they should be proud of, unhealthy, etc etc. Seems pretty crazy to get so worked up over a onesie. They need to grow up.
Old 09-17-2010, 08:48 AM   #7
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

By the ratings a lot of other people didn't like it either but it's kind of unfair to judge this piece of clothing based just on what it says. When rating a product it should be based on the quality etc. Lots of people are rating that don't even own the darn thing. Yes we all know breast is best but hey not every one does it (I for one couldn't). It's just a silly shirt it's doesn't say "don't breastfeed your children" lighten up people.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #8
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

I really don't like the idea of such a large corporation making a shirt that takes a stance on an issue that is so controversial to many people. I mean would they sell a shirt that said "Proud Republican" but nothing that says anything about being democrat? Or "I'm Pro life" to me it's kind of the same. Why sell something like that that will exclude (and possibly offend) a large portion of their shoppers?
Old 09-17-2010, 09:18 AM   #9
isaacsmum
Registered Users

I don't think this is an issue that is highly controversial to most people. I think it is controversial to a small number of people. What percentage of kids have never had formula by 6 months? Something like 15%? And not all of those people who ebf see this as a controversy (I don't). I guess it is akin to asking Old Navy not to sell any Christmas themed items because there are people out there like me who aren't Christian. And it is way more than 15% of the population who are not Christian. As far as I know, they don't have any atheism-themed items in their winter line, but I'm okay with that. And if I want a bf-themed onesie for my kid, there are lots of places to find them.

Last edited by isaacsmum; 09-17-2010 at 09:19 AM.
isaacsmum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 10:00 AM   #10
foxynursejo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally see that it's just a shirt and it's not saying " dont breastfeed" but I also wish that breastfeeding were seen as more 'normal'.

I've donated 1,000 oz of mamas milk!

Babie's are weaned (32 months!), potty trained and I'm not BWing much anymore, but I still occasionally hang around here.
foxynursejo is offline   Reply With Quote