Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #21
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:
Re: Did you see this...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mc_squared View Post
Alas, I have no idea what ON was thinking when they produced this and why they only chose to depict one method of infant feeding, but I am sure it is for the same reasons that bottle feeding is always depicted as the norm. As a breastfeeding mom, I have no idea why formula feeders complain so much about being judged for their choice; they are apparently in the majority and our society apparently supports formula feeding more than breastfeeding.
Really? You're just looking for an argument with that comment aren't you?

Advertisement

Old 09-19-2010, 12:51 AM   #22
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

eh...it's a onsie. I don't see why people are getting so worked up about it. There are lots of t-shirts with logos/sayings on them that I don't agree with- but I just ignore them.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:23 AM   #23
rosefall
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Anyone know what the actual FF vs BF statistics are? Everyone seems to be saying that FF is by far the most prevalent, but I know far more people that BFed for a year or more than used formula. Maybe it's just my area... which is not crunchy at all.. ?
Old 09-19-2010, 06:57 AM   #24
maddys_mama
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosefall View Post
Anyone know what the actual FF vs BF statistics are? Everyone seems to be saying that FF is by far the most prevalent, but I know far more people that BFed for a year or more than used formula. Maybe it's just my area... which is not crunchy at all.. ?
Here's an interesting article:
http://www.webmd.com/parenting/baby/...oms-breastfeed
Old 09-19-2010, 12:42 PM   #25
momtomy3
Registered Users
Formerly: karismom
seller
seller

My sister bought me a onesie when I was pregnant with my daughter that said, "Formula for success" and had a picture of a bottle. She knew I was planning to breastfeed... it infuriated me.

It was CIRCO (target) brand. The shirt didn't make me mad... my sister buying it for me when she knew my opinion made me mad. There should be shirts for babies who are formula fed. It's up to ME where my money goes and what my baby wears. So, I simply would NOT have bought it. Just as I wouldn't buy this shirt.

I still shop Target, and I'll still shop ON. Just won't purchase THAT shirt... because it's not how I feel.

(And ON did have shirts that represented Republicans and Democrats)
Old 09-19-2010, 12:55 PM   #26
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lucas View Post
Really? You're just looking for an argument with that comment aren't you?
I don't see anything wrong with her comment. Its only the truth. Why are FFing moms so worried about someone judging them for FFing? Its the majority in our country. Maybe they're insecure with their own choice?
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #27
Greenbabybottoms
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by karismom View Post

(And ON did have shirts that represented Republicans and Democrats)
My point was that I felt they should have a shirt to represent both formula and breastfeeders. They had shirts that were for Republicans and Democrats but they wouldn't just make one or the other because it's pretty common marketing knowledge that just putting out a Republican shirt would not be a good move on their part.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:39 PM   #28
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

*shrug* I'm just not offended about things like that in general. There are insane amounts of BFing advocacy shirts, who cares if there are formula ones too. I mean, I don't even care that they don't have a BFing option.
Old 09-19-2010, 01:42 PM   #29
Lu&Ce'sMommy
Registered Users
Formerly: Mom2Lucas
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaelynsmommy61607 View Post
I don't see anything wrong with her comment. Its only the truth. Why are FFing moms so worried about someone judging them for FFing? Its the majority in our country. Maybe they're insecure with their own choice?
I don't know where you people live but I don't see people saying FF is the way to go. Maybe because I'm in the health care community so I know better? I think the word has gotten to the majority of people that "Breast is best" Yes not every one can do that or do it for very long as the the article the pp posted on here but they try it because they know better. I don't know many people that don't at least give it a try.

Did I like the fact that I couldn't breastfeed my son? NO I hated it. Does that make me insecure? NO but it does anger me that it is something I failed at something that I thought would be so natural to do was the hardest thing I tried to do any couldn't. I would have much rather fed him BM then FF it's cheaper and the benefits and on and on. I most likely due to my job would probably not have been able to do it for long once I got back to work but some is better than none. It still make me want to cry thinking about not being able to do it and he's almost 2.
So it wasn't a CHOICE it was a matter of having to.

But there are many women who are ridiculed by BF mom's on here about FF their children and I think that's ridiculous.
Old 09-19-2010, 02:25 PM   #30
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Lucas View Post
I don't know where you people live but I don't see people saying FF is the way to go. Maybe because I'm in the health care community so I know better? I think the word has gotten to the majority of people that "Breast is best" Yes not every one can do that or do it for very long as the the article the pp posted on here but they try it because they know better. I don't know many people that don't at least give it a try.

Did I like the fact that I couldn't breastfeed my son? NO I hated it. Does that make me insecure? NO but it does anger me that it is something I failed at something that I thought would be so natural to do was the hardest thing I tried to do any couldn't. I would have much rather fed him BM then FF it's cheaper and the benefits and on and on. I most likely due to my job would probably not have been able to do it for long once I got back to work but some is better than none. It still make me want to cry thinking about not being able to do it and he's almost 2.
So it wasn't a CHOICE it was a matter of having to.

But there are many women who are ridiculed by BF mom's on here about FF their children and I think that's ridiculous.
I think its ridiculous women are kicked out of places for breastfeeding. No one was saying your a bad mother for not BFing. This isn't a debate about BFing or not. Its about a stupid shirt old navy made. And incase you forgot this is in the breastfeeding support.......

And I don't know what COUNTRY you live in but have you seen the spastics here in America? In 2003 less than 15% are still EBF at 6 months....
http://www.kellymom.com/writings/bf-numbers.html
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote