Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-17-2010, 06:02 AM   #11
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's a special day!

aweee...FYNN

got to call the school in a sec.

WAYLON:

Advertisement

David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 06:07 AM   #12
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by princemelissas View Post
that's cute Janine Maya and Corbin both have their same lovies from when they were babies, they sleep with them every night.
Awwww that's sweet Melissa.

You should see Fynn, He has one corner in his mouth and is holding one foot up in the air. Very odd sight in deed
Old 09-17-2010, 06:13 AM   #13
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:

I wish I wasn't as absent minded as I am....I'd know for sure then if Fynn can open zips or not.

Every time I turnaround he's into my one project bag that has a zip....I just cant remember if I left it open or not.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:17 AM   #14
bethsflutterby
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

got to call Maddy's eye Dr.
got to call the church and see if they have a lost an found (Olivia left her Bible 2 weeks ago)

laundry
breakfast
dishes
home school
work w/ Elizabeth with holding a crayon/pencil correctly (I cannot for the life of me figure out if she is right or left handed since she doesn't grip her crayons correctly in either hand and cannot color w/ either well?)

Old 09-17-2010, 06:19 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Happy Birthday Waylon! I cannot believe it has been a whole year. Wow.

Morning mamas. It's been a good morning here, no meltdowns yet and I think we will be on time for everything. Going to take the youngers to the itty grocery store after we drop of Rosie at school. Evidently we can turn in our receipts and get some money back for the school there, so I need to do a full sweep of the store today and see what it is feasible there to shop for. Ian and I already went once and checked out just the produce section and were impressed.

I caught up on last night's thread, Peggy, but I think you missed our previous discussion about school lunches/breakfasts. First, totally check up on free lunch, you should qualify for that. Second, the breakfast thing is a racket. Most schools do not allow the kids in before a certain time, make them wait somewhere until that time UNLESS they are eating breakfast. So the "bouncer" at the doorway says, "Are you eating breakfast?" and the kid, especially if they are little and do not know any better, of course says YES when they would have never considered it before. And since all the cafeterias do a debit system now, you don't know what they spend until after they've spent it, and you can't police what they buy. At best, you can check to see what they bought online every day. So most parents go through a period where the kid buys too much, or buys breakfast when you didn't know it, in the beginning. And you have to drill it into them they can only buy X every day, the school cannot deny them buying anything, which is hard at any age but especially hard on younger ones.

And Jess, our school lunch has a similar menu, only they just get one choice a day. And there are days that the choice is just a bagel and cream cheese with a piece of fruit and a drink, hardly cost-effective.

Which is all the more reason why I pack Rosie's lunch!
Old 09-17-2010, 06:23 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh, and a quick test some medical people use to test for right/left handedness is to put a desired object way to one side and watch the kid to see what hand they use to grab it. If they cross over to use with the opposite side hand, chances are that's the hand they are. IDK how effective it is, I tried it with all my babies and there didn't seem to be a pattern. Honestly, I would just teach her to be right handed, as a southpaw I can tell you it will be easier for her in the school system to be right handed.
Old 09-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #17
erin13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by vmomma View Post
Morning mamas happy birthday Waylon!!! I can't believe he's a year. Wow I'm at work counting the hours until I can go home. Some of the other nurses and I may ho and get a mimosa after work to wind down before bed. Sounds like a good plan after the night i have had! I hope everyone has a fabulous Friday. I'll talk to you when I wake up
sorry about the rough night at work
Old 09-17-2010, 06:36 AM   #18
bethsflutterby
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post

I caught up on last night's thread, Peggy, but I think you missed our previous discussion about school lunches/breakfasts. First, totally check up on free lunch, you should qualify for that. Second, the breakfast thing is a racket. Most schools do not allow the kids in before a certain time, make them wait somewhere until that time UNLESS they are eating breakfast. So the "bouncer" at the doorway says, "Are you eating breakfast?" and the kid, especially if they are little and do not know any better, of course says YES when they would have never considered it before. And since all the cafeterias do a debit system now, you don't know what they spend until after they've spent it, and you can't police what they buy. At best, you can check to see what they bought online every day. So most parents go through a period where the kid buys too much, or buys breakfast when you didn't know it, in the beginning. And you have to drill it into them they can only buy X every day, the school cannot deny them buying anything, which is hard at any age but especially hard on younger ones.

And Jess, our school lunch has a similar menu, only they just get one choice a day. And there are days that the choice is just a bagel and cream cheese with a piece of fruit and a drink, hardly cost-effective.

Which is all the more reason why I pack Rosie's lunch!
I did miss the discussion...I'll have to read back.

I called the school and told them NOT to allow them to buy breakfast but IDK how effective that would be. I also told the boys they weren't allowed to get breakfast because they eat before they leave the house. I *think* they got the point (maybe) lol

I also am going to have a discussion w/ Jahiem's teacher....he is in Mrs. Sullivan's class and it is a regular 2nd grade class....the lady in the office told me it was up to his last school whether to pass him or not if he did poorly in 1st grade. BUT if he continues to do poorly should he go back to 1st grade? should I just really take a bunch of time working w/him at night? it is obvious he doesn't grasp basic phonics. it is SO frustrating!

Quote:
Oh, and a quick test some medical people use to test for right/left handedness is to put a desired object way to one side and watch the kid to see what hand they use to grab it. If they cross over to use with the opposite side hand, chances are that's the hand they are. IDK how effective it is, I tried it with all my babies and there didn't seem to be a pattern. Honestly, I would just teach her to be right handed, as a southpaw I can tell you it will be easier for her in the school system to be right handed.
thanks. I'm not sure how to figure it out...but she grabs/colors equally w/ either hand...so IDK...she cannot write AT ALL and coloring seems to be a challenge for her. period. atleast she is learning her colors/shapes/and how to count to 5 with me....progress is progress, right?

Old 09-17-2010, 06:42 AM   #19
mamaBex
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good morning! :wave2: Internet's been sort of spotty here the last couple of days -they are doing some kind of construction and they hit the lines or something, I don't know. Anyway, I kept getting on, catching up, then getting shut down

Hope everyone is well! to the sickies.

Big news here -Malcolm is finally crawling!!!! He was so cautious about it, but he's pretty good now.

Also, we are traveling again today I have a good friend's wedding tomorrow, and then Dan's brother's wedding is next weekend, so we are staying down in the GTA (ETA -GTA = Greater Toronto Area) with family for the week so we don't have to come back and forth. I am trying to be excited because it will be fun, but I am honestly kind of sick up traveling and moving around and just want to stay in my home until the end of time

Happy 1st Birthday Waylon!
And Happy belated Birthday to Abby

Quote:
I have a different perspective on this because I was naturally a lefty, but the school made me switch. I couldn't hold my pencil properly with my right hand, so I had to use these special pencil grips and the teachers would watch me like a hawk -to this day I have the most messed-up handwriting grip, and I hook my hand around and smear my writing. So I think you can't fight nature
Old 09-17-2010, 06:48 AM   #20
vmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
Fynn just woke up from his nap screaming hysterically!!!

....I run to him, thinking what can have happened?
He cant hurt himself!
He cant fall out of bed!

What happened???

I open the door and I see the problem!

He has dropped his lovey over the side of his bed.

I picked it up and gave it to him and he giggled and smiled a huge smile. Snuggling into his lovey the whole time.

I usually leave it in bed when I get him up, so I can be sure we'll find one come bed time, but today I let him take it out of his bed and he still has it in his hand now.

He is sniffing (that little sniff babies do after they have been crying really hard) and cuddling it, hold it on one corner as he walks a few steps and plop, he falls to the floor and he still has it. So cute!
That is so cute V has a ton of lovies, but has not really become attached to one yet

Well, I'm home from work with no mimosa's One of my co-workers got sick about 4:30 and started puking, so there went that idea. I better not get sick. I steered clear of her the rest of the morning. I'm home now waiting on V to wake up so I can nurse her since I didn't pump last night and my b@@bs are as hard as a rock I may have to wake her up