Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-01-2006, 05:42 PM   #11
Sarah
No Longer Here

My Mood:
Re: Gerber prefolds and gerber plastic diaper covers

My Gerber is the first cover I reach for. I think I was told that the covers at Big Lots are between $1-$3,you can't beat that

Advertisement

Sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:44 PM   #12
Sarah0903
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is what I am using now and I am not sure how I feel about them. We have a lot of problems with leaks and the plastic pants arent very breathable. I am thinking of buying some CPF myself. I am waiting on some fitteds also along with soem covers.
Sarah0903 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #13
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, the pull on kind are vinyl...with crappy edging, and they are SO sharp!! They actually leave huge red places on their skin. i wouldnt do it.

gerber wraps arent bad, they are softer
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:26 PM   #14
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

I will definatly have to go to big lots just have to find and excuse to have my fiance stop there tommorow our big lots never seems to have much of anything though. exspecially for lil ones. I would offer to pay someone to get some for me but I can only pay cash. I will definatly check my big lots first
Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:31 PM   #15
mamagina
Registered Users
seller

I'd stay away from the vinyl covers. The Dappi nylon ones are soo much nicer. And IF you're going to buy the gerber ones (not that I recommend it at all) Don't get the gauze with the "absorbant" layer in the middle. I used them and the vinyl covers before I discovered chinese prefolds. I shudder to think of what I put up with to CD...
Old 06-01-2006, 06:39 PM   #16
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Audriannasmommy
what r those. i saw the training covers cloth ones for 24lbs and up but audriannas only 17lbs

They fit smaller....17lbs....I would say youd want a sz 2 in them.... for instance, my son is 27lbs- which is supposed to be a 2, but hes in a 3.....
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:47 PM   #17
christinewith4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ok, my 4mth old is in a Gerber plastic/vinyl (whatever) pull on cover right now as I type...

They are the only thing that I have found that fit well over WAHM fitteds w/o any leaks throughout the whole night-you just have to make sure you got the cover over the entire diaper and its not sticking out anywhere or as with anyhting they'll leak. & I also use cheap store bought prefolds BUT not with the gerber pull on covers.... I use them w/ my bummys covers. I hope this helps!

OH- & I the elastic seems really soft in mine- never leaves red marks...? NOW I have another cheap brand that does have hard, sharp edges, but right now I cant remember what brand it is...
christinewith4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 06:58 PM   #18
Audriannasmommy
Registered Users

My sister knew how bad I want to CD so she threw the gerber plastic covers in a bag of clothes that her dd no longer wears I have so many 12-24 month clothes now I am overwhelmed. She also had two packages of the plastic diaper covers one is 3-9 months 12-18lbs and the other is 12 months 18-24lbs. I put Audrianna in one with one of the prefolds we got back from my future sil who is due any day now she isnt going to use them and we had them as burp cloths. To my amazement Audrianna didnt leak in fact she didnt pee in them at all lol she waited and finally peed on the potty she has been pooping on the potty for 2 months now on the regular potty we were going to wait till she was 2 to potty train. She does still have accidents quite a bit though. shes not fully there yet. Anyways I hate how plasticy thhe vinyl gerber covers smell. I was thinking of using the few prefolds we do have and make some fitteds may take some time cause I would have to hand sew them.
Audriannasmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:22 PM   #19
Shaineinok
Registered Users
seller

Here's my two cents. The gerber plastic pants worked great for us. They problem I had with them is they rip up in one or two wash loads. I found some better pull up pants made of nylon at baby's r us. They were a store brand and held up through two babies and I finally gave them away in as good a condition as I bought them in. The wrap style gerber are okay but I didn't care for the fit on my girls. No leaks though. For prefolds I used what was labeled as burp clothes at walmart. I think they are a kid connection brand. They are just cotton flannel and worked much better then the actual diapers sold there. I trifolded them in wraps and then used them as pocket stuffers and have gotten tons of use from them. Actually I still use them a lot in my pockets and they came in girl and boy colors. Good luck!
Shaineinok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2006, 07:42 PM   #20
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Christine, yep, Gerber used to make better pullons than they do now....they were thick softer leg bindings. They seem to have abandoned them now, but they were nice while they lasted.
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote