Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2010, 05:39 AM   #11
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Sunday

Janine - that's hard.

Jen - that sucks!

Steph, you seem to be having a good morning, but I will you as a hello!

Today is coffee trial day!! (I think?) I think I am supposed to figure out where the heck to set up the Keurig in the kitchen. We have too much shtuff! (I am going to weed the cookbooks and put it on the cart in the corner.)

Advertisement

Freethinker - Free Ranger - Free for All
ruvalokiteshvara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 05:46 AM   #12
stephcrouse
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

that coffee is a go! We love our Keurig!

Change of plans. The girls took so long getting ready to go to the bagel shop, that DH doesn't want to go no (drama queen much?), so I am taking them! You just can't tell a pregnant lady that she is not getting the egg and cheese everything bagel she has been thinking about for the past 30 minutes!
Old 09-19-2010, 05:52 AM   #13
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

You go, pregnant lady!

(Now I want a bagel breakfast sandwich!)

Old 09-19-2010, 06:07 AM   #14
bethsflutterby
Just a sinner saved by grace.
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Janine.

bagel samiches

I am getting all the "big" kids dressed/ready for church/ & breakfast done....BBL to chat
David(11)Lolly(9)Maddy(7 on 8/25!)Yuyi(5.6) & Ana(4)

bethsflutterby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:16 AM   #15
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
I dont get the jokes but I do get "Where are you from?" comments Every.Time.I.Go.Out.Of.My.House!

I am so sick of it, Its been 11.5 years FCOL!!! I really have had enough of people asking for my life history the very first time I meet them. I'm at the point where I dont want to speak to anyone who doesn't already know me or to just say the minimum of Hello, Goodbye and Thank you.
I totally understand that. Being from Texas and living in Europe during the Bush administration (pre-9/11), I got that a lot and it often ended badly. Dude, I didn't vote for him and just because I'm from Texas doesn't mean I am like him. I'm just trying to buy bananas/ride the ferry/get medicine for my baby/etc. Leave me alone!

Oh, and the references are my accent is drastically different than theirs, yet they don't seem to get that at ALL and assume I have lived here forever and know everything about living here. They are genuinely surprised I'm not local, I guess. I have that problem everywhere I go, and honestly I couldn't sound more like a redneck if I wanted to. Second, Michigan is shaped like a mitten so everyone there points to their hand to show them how to drive from one city to another. So I guess Detroit is down under the thumb and everyone vacations up by the fingers, IDK. It means nothing to me, I know where Detroit is and where my city is, and that's it. And Faith is right, Detroit is a statistical anomoly and has been hit harder than most cities in the recession. Unemployment, homeforclosures, etc are very high here. The media publicizes it ALL the time, nationwide, how bad it is here. So the people are beat down. And probably pissed DH got one of their jobs, IDK. It's depressing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitehologram1 View Post
This might sound stupid or silly or whatever but I have to say it. I am furious with Heiner because he said "I love you" to Derry.

The girls have been saying I love you to him lots the past two days and they are confused because he doesn't reply. I told them not to expect it, I'm married to him and he's never said it to me.

Derry told him "Daddy, that is sehr böse! (very naughty/mean) You should tell people Ich lebe Dich (I love you) if they tell you that they love you! It's just three words!"

He gave her a hug and told her "I love you" very quietly in her ear. She told me and the sad thing was I didn't believe her. I asked him and he said he had said it.

I didn't feel happy for her, I felt angry and robbed and pissed off that he's made a huge thing of this over the 10+ years we have been together and then the first person he says it to is Derry.

Honestly I couldn't love him less right now
I totally understand where you are coming from. But honestly, I'm sure my DH would do the same thing. If the girls said something to him I said 1000 times, he would do it no questions asked. It has something to do with their stupid man genetics. anyway, it's not right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruvalokiteshvara View Post

Today is coffee trial day!! (I think?) I think I am supposed to figure out where the heck to set up the Keurig in the kitchen. We have too much shtuff! (I am going to weed the cookbooks and put it on the cart in the corner.)
I would seriously being doing the happy dance if I were Mel. I'd be up and and Starbucks at 12:01am. Yay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stephcrouse View Post
that coffee is a go! We love our Keurig!

Change of plans. The girls took so long getting ready to go to the bagel shop, that DH doesn't want to go no (drama queen much?), so I am taking them! You just can't tell a pregnant lady that she is not getting the egg and cheese everything bagel she has been thinking about for the past 30 minutes!
Go Steph go! I went to a Girl Scout cookie table once when very PG with Ian, and the grandpa helping out said "Everybody step back! Pregnant Lady coming through! You don't want to get in the way of a PG woman and Girl Scout cookies! And he wouldn't let me buy the lemon cookies DH wanted, said they would make the baby cry and wouldn't believe they were not for me.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #16
ruvalokiteshvara
Registered Users

My Mood:

So this is my new favourite pancake recipe. It has more than a tablespoon (20mL for you European and Canadian types) of baking powder - makes them all puffy and cakey!!

Old 09-19-2010, 06:27 AM   #17
niftysmith
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hope coffee is a go. I want to go make some now.

Mmmm bagel sammich. We don't have any bagels in the house.

Elisha let me sleep in until 7:45 this morning. That felt good. Then he had a giant poop he just HAD to get his foot in and smear all over the wall. He really doesn't like diaper changes anymore and cries through them, trying to roll over the whole time. Not my favorite thing to do in the morning. I think we'll just go take a shower in a minute ... to make sure I got all the poo.

In case you missed my photos from last night, you can see them here.

Okay, Elisha is coming to drool on the laptop.

Have a good morning! I'm off to church!

freelance graphic designer open for business - my portfolio | my etsy
niftysmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 06:31 AM   #18
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Put it in the b2b recipe thread, Ru! No joke, I have done five different pancake recipes over the summer and none of them are as fluffy as the storebought ones, so the kids will eat it the first time but won't eat more than one and won't eat it if saved for the next day. I even bought a new can of baking soda and everything. So I gave up and bought a bix box of Jiffy pancake mix.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:33 AM   #19
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

tif, now is probably a good time to get the Toy You Bring Out For Diaper Changes only. Sadly, by the time you get to #3, it's usually the car keys, or whatever is in reach that isn't poisonous pr sharp. It works for a while. You may have to change out the toy as the novelty wears off. And when you get desperate, you let them hold the diaper pins while changing them and then freak out when they put them in their mouth and run them through your hair because that's what *you* do.
Old 09-19-2010, 06:34 AM   #20
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

tif, now is probably a good time to get the Toy You Bring Out For Diaper Changes only. Sadly, by the time you get to #3, it's usually the car keys, or whatever is in reach that isn't poisonous pr sharp. It works for a while. You may have to change out the toy as the novelty wears off. And when you get desperate, you let them hold the diaper pins while changing them and then freak out when they put them in their mouth and run them through your hair because that's what *you* do.