Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-19-2010, 07:53 AM   #11
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:
Re: Knitters/Hookers/Dyers/Spinners ¿WIP? 9/19

Morning ladies. I feel like crap. I hope its just a quick bug and not strep but I feel like Im swallowing razor blades and coughing a ton and it hurts SO bad to cough.

That stocking is awesome!!!

Advertisement

PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:07 AM   #12
momk2009
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

feel better! It's the time of year when that crap starts floating around. I am not looking forward to it.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:10 AM   #13
knit~it~good
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momk2009 View Post
Good Morning! The littles are all eating breakfast here, thank goodness for the downtime! I have diapers to put away today, I washed last night :P

I have a finished pic of my first stocking, finished measurements are 18' from cuff to heel, and 11" from heel to toe. I almost regret knitting such a big stocking, now I'm going to feel obligated to fill it

2 more to go.
That is awesome! I would love to knit one for each of the kids but my knitting skills are not there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
Morning ladies. I feel like crap. I hope its just a quick bug and not strep but I feel like Im swallowing razor blades and coughing a ton and it hurts SO bad to cough.

I hope you start feeling better soon.

Today I'm going to finish the legs of my NB longies, I'm going to do a FFS Lotto for them this week.

My Facebook fan page!
knit~it~good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #14
maría
Banned

My Mood:

Quote:

maría is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:18 AM   #15
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amyltc View Post
mama, has he always been that way? Some babes are just not as cuddly as others, some get overstimulated easily and cuddling just makes it worse. And some babies are just harder than others. That said I think you should always listen to your mommy gut, and if you think something is wrong, get it checked out. Here is a link to early signs of autism:

http://www.autismspeaks.org/whatisit/milestones.php
No, he started out as an easy going babe. He got his first ear infection at a month old and then it all went down hill. He started comfort nursing at night so he was getting up all of the time. He would wake up screaming and just was miserable. I have taken him in soooo many times because I swore he didn't feel good. Most of the time he had an ear infection and a few times it was right before he got one. Finally he got tubes in June but he still seems like he's in pain. I don't know if it has just become habit from being in pain for so long or not. I don't think it's autism because he engages with us too much and seems right on developmentally. It's just the lack of sleeping and screaming and arching of his back that has me worried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maría View Post

Oh honey i don´t know what to say my almost 12 year old boy is somewhat like that he wants hugs and kisses but he has always had trouble excepting them i don´t know how to explain it
He´s also really slow in everything he does,he has add and adhd and i know in my heart is on the Autism chart but the doctors just say he´s "slow and lazy" Just the other day he was diagnosed whit dyslexia on the highest level like he reads like 6 year old, i knew since early on but everyone one told me no there is nothing wrong no no
I also have a boy who is 15 year old whit adhd and odd and that is somewhat harder because he has not lived whit use for a year and half because he´s too sick but don´t get me wrong i love him whit all my heart and soul this is just the best at the moment,please do now judge me i can give you the story if you want
All i can say you are his mother and you know best,trust your gut and stick whit it

And i do the legs separately whit magic loop
Oh Maria I would never judge you. You have to do what is best and safest for him and what is best and safest for your entire family. I think I might pester my doctor to see if something else is going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DearHusband View Post
Good morning ladies!

I'm super excited, we're getting our chickens today!

I can't wait until we get our first fresh eggs! Diapers are in the dryer, the coffee is started and pretty soon I have to start getting everybody started for church, so, how's by you?

tim.
Good morning gentleman! I need to go start my diapers, the rinsed last night but that is as far as I made it. I need coffee and to get everyone ready for church on this end too.

Quote:
Good Morning! The littles are all eating breakfast here, thank goodness for the downtime! I have diapers to put away today, I washed last night :P

I have a finished pic of my first stocking, finished measurements are 18' from cuff to heel, and 11" from heel to toe. I almost regret knitting such a big stocking, now I'm going to feel obligated to fill it

2 more to go.
That's awesome! I might have to make some of those. One a year though.
I think lining it wouldn't be too hard. You would make the lining, shove it in and hand stitch around the top. That way you can pull the lining out to clean it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lollytreeyarn View Post
Kimberly that stocking is AWESOME. Makes me want to try it.

My tip of the day is , everyone must try a pumpkin pie pop tart, they are yummy if you like pumpkin.
Mmmmm sounds yummy! and I am having a heck of time finding just elmo fabric locally. I am going to have to try online. I found some with Zoe and some purple one on it too but not just elmo.

Quote:

Ack Emily that sounds like Strep. I have only had it once and it felt like I was swallowing tooth pick shards.

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:26 AM   #16
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Stacey, here is the same material I found locally
http://cgi.ebay.com/Elmo-Seersucker-...item2eafe9b498

Old 09-19-2010, 08:27 AM   #17
Rockinmama24
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:

2 more to go.
That Stocking is awesome! Good Morning everyone. I haven't been doing much. I finished a pair of longies, ran out of sock yarn 3/4 way through the 2nd sock, have to get some buttons for my Elizabeth Tunic, & am eagerly awaiting my DBK Honey crisp.
Old 09-19-2010, 08:37 AM   #18
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That stocking is amazing!!!!!

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hekamc View Post
No, he started out as an easy going babe. He got his first ear infection at a month old and then it all went down hill. He started comfort nursing at night so he was getting up all of the time. He would wake up screaming and just was miserable. I have taken him in soooo many times because I swore he didn't feel good. Most of the time he had an ear infection and a few times it was right before he got one. Finally he got tubes in June but he still seems like he's in pain. I don't know if it has just become habit from being in pain for so long or not. I don't think it's autism because he engages with us too much and seems right on developmentally. It's just the lack of sleeping and screaming and arching of his back that has me worried.
Does he have reflux or silent reflux? Back arching, inability to sleep laying flat, and lots of screaming are classic reflux symptoms too.
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 08:39 AM   #19
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragondance View Post
That stocking is amazing!!!!!

Does he have reflux or silent reflux? Back arching, inability to sleep laying flat, and lots of screaming are classic reflux symptoms too.
We are trying out some Zantac right now and it seems to be helping a little but not a lot. They just upped his dosage since he has grown so much since they initially prescribed it. Maybe I should try that for a week or so and see if that seems to help. Maybe the bigger dose will be all he needs. That would be soooo awesome!

Old 09-19-2010, 08:42 AM   #20
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Morning, all!