Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 09-21-2010, 10:10 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 1 hour Glucose Tolerance Test came back high..

Boo me too!!
My level was 172!!
But...I was blind sided by the test (I was only 9 weeks) but I had lets see....cereal, granola bar, coffee and orange juice 40 mins before my appt. But the puzzeling thing is right before I drank the sugar water, she pricked my finger and did a quick reading and said "you'll pass don't worry"

Well, I flunked my 1hr with my first but passed the 3hr.
I'm not worried. I figure for whatever reason, I was tested early, I wouldn't have known if I went anywhere else for another 16-20 weeks. I'm going to wait to retest at 26 weeks when I can sit hungry for 3+ hrs...right now it just won't happen.

llamabeans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #12
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 1 hour Glucose Tolerance Test came back high..

I was diagnosed with GD about a month or so ago and they put me on a low carb diet. Not a big deal at all. They let me eat all the meat and cheese I want. (not so good if you are a vegitarian or vegan - peanut butter is allowed though). The dr also gave me supplies to test my blood sugar times a day. The finger pricking doesn't hurt at all but sometimes it's difficult to remember to test after meals.

The 3 hr test totally sucks, its not a bad idea to have someone pick you up from the office afterward. I didn't, and not eating for 18 hrs felt a lot like being drunk. I'm lucky I made it home ok.
mommyria2 is offline   Reply With Quote