Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2010, 02:18 AM   #1
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Basically it's Tuesday.

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2010, 02:31 AM   #2
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown View Post
MH got her snugglepants today
Quote:
Not the best shots...cellphone pics of the snugglepants
Awww they really are perfect MH snuggle pants. I just knew it when I saw them I'm so glad she has them....they are going to fit her forever too

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Awwwww Rosie is so cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RebekahG77 View Post
Ugh, I think I need to go to the dentist. I lost a filling several months ago and it's starting to have problems.

Quote:
we have dental insurance and it still cost us 100 for Jerry's filling last week....great insurance...NOT

So this is what I said to the Oprah show:

I have been working in public schools on the Navajo Nation for 10 years. There are no charter schools in my district. I have worked with good teachers, bad teachers and AMAZING teachers. I have no issue with being able to remove ineffective teachers, I think they should go. That being said, we also need to talk about the 3rd part of this partnership. Ii takes students, teachers and PARENTS. Many of our students arrive at school in Kindergarten with the skills of a 2 year old. The parents are not preparing the children for school. Our parents involvement in the schools is TERRIBLE. We are lucky to get 10% of our parents at a school event. The parents just expect us to take care of it all ourselves. When is someone in the public going to have the courage to stand up and say that we need parents as a partner in education. Parents have to be involved with their children and care about their education as much as the teachers.
I wish I was the bad parent here in this situation....but I'm not. Having to deal with a teacher that just doesnt bother with your child because she isn't the easiest student is really difficult. I cant even get in to speak to this teacher....She doesn't want to take time in the afternoon to talk to us.

I've spoken to Shannon's Hort teacher and she is willing to help me get Shannon through the 20 pages of maths work. We have decided between us that with all the class work and homework Shannon already has the only time Shannon really has to catch up on this maths work is on Fridays. I've said she needs to do 2 pages per week minimum and if she does more then great but the 2 pages are a must. I wont be getting her to do it any other time because she already has enough to do.....

WHY didn't she say something before the holiday??? I could have had it done with her during the summer holiday. If there had been some sign that it was work she was supposed to have done I would have made sure it was done but there was no note or red triangle to say this needs to be done. None of the pages were begun, indicating that they had done some work in school and it needed to be finished, I just thought they hadn't finished the work and it would be done this year in school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemurmommies View Post
Nails done (just clear polish this week), and now I'm watching football and sipping a cup of herbal tea. This Keurig is seriously cool!
Nice Mel

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sadieandbean View Post
Made it through my surgery and got home around 5:30

slept the day away and am feeling fairly sore, but expect it'll be better tomorrow

off to pump and dump - I think I'll be up for nursing tomorrow, but we'll see. I wouldn't dump, but they said the anesthesia could make her sleepy and I don't want to through off her great eat during the day and sleep all night schedule by having her sleeping during the day. I pumped before surgery and haven't since because I've been so out of it.
I'm glad you are ok, you've been in my thoughts today too.....especially as I'm having surgery on Thursday too.

Quote:
Also, I just had DH kill a really big spider. So now I can't go to sleep because I will dream about spiders. I have to do other things until I forget that I saw it.

Oooh, the Dimetapp is helping a bit. I only took a child dose, IDK that it can save me but at this point I will take what I can get.

DH forgot and left his lunchkit outside the bathroom on his way home from work. It better still be there tomorrow! Grrr. I told him I was going to pack his sandwich in the Dora sandwich box as a consequence. And I almost did it, except I don't want him to lose TWO sandwich boxes.
&

Quote:
Well, historically me and my whole family (upwards and downwards) don't do well with antihistamines. So I am always scared to take a full adult dose the first time, because my family does not need *me* on meth, LOL. I only gave this to the kids because it is what my mom gave to me as a kid, and by some miracle they have not changed the formulation in 30+ years like many of the other cold/allergy brands have over time, so I knew they had a good chance of not reacting to it. I haven't taken it since I was like 10 or 12, I don't think.

Quote:
Tif, when DH and I bought our first house 12 years ago, it was right next to a very large undeveloped field. So we had a small series of plagues of various critters for a while as they got used to the industrialization going on. Not kidding, ants, then locusts, then grashoppers, then spiders. I was actually relieved when the spiders came, they ate everything else. But one night right as I was falling asleep, I saw a spider crawl across our bedroom wall. So yup, I had a nightmare of Arachniphobia magnitude, like the scene in Indiana Jones 3(?) with the bugs. Woke up screaming and throwing pillows and covers and cats and DH was freaking out because I woke him from a deep sleep and he didn't know what the heck was going on.

So now I don't dare go to sleep right after I've seen certain things, LOL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by negrapy View Post
oh and the bread turned out yuck - it can be saved i think for the boys and dh with enough honey and butter however
Old 09-21-2010, 03:41 AM   #3
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

The morning has gone quite well.

I got everyone up, dressed, fed and out the door on time. I even managed to get Fynn fed and back in bed this morning which worked out best for FIL and me.

Derry is still melting down about everything and I had to leave her having a meltdown about me leaving her in kindergarten. Silly thing thought Heiner would still be in kindergarten this morning.

Fynn enjoyed a bit of naked time today after playing in the soot from the chimney but is happy to be snuggled in his longies and his yummy OBV hoodie from Mel. That has to be his favourite fabric on the planet. He has his Bekah blanket now too He's a snuggle thing today.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:11 AM   #4
mom2sadieandbean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

morning Janine!

Up feeding Julia (DH brought her to me in bed and then took her for me when she was done as it's uncomfortable her laying next to me). I got up and took my ibuprofen and had a slice of bread with jam

I'm looking forward to resting the day away and relaxing with my girls.

My MIL and DH brought the girls to see me in the hospital for a few minutes in the afternoon yesterday. I was pretty sleepy yet, but it was nice to see them. Sadie brought me a get well card that she'd made at preschool on Thursday and kept a secret all weekend!

Last edited by mom2sadieandbean; 09-21-2010 at 04:32 AM.
mom2sadieandbean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 04:59 AM   #5
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2sadieandbean View Post
morning Janine!

Up feeding Julia (DH brought her to me in bed and then took her for me when she was done as it's uncomfortable her laying next to me). I got up and took my ibuprofen and had a slice of bread with jam

I'm looking forward to resting the day away and relaxing with my girls.

My MIL and DH brought the girls to see me in the hospital for a few minutes in the afternoon yesterday. I was pretty sleepy yet, but it was nice to see them. Sadie brought me a get well card that she'd made at preschool on Thursday and kept a secret all weekend!
I hope you feel better soon

Are you at home or in hospital?
Old 09-21-2010, 06:20 AM   #6
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Janine, that is one of the teachers I would love to have removed from the system. A teacher that does not attempt to teach all kids needs to GO. Oh and refusing a parent meeting would not fly at my school.

I think the plan for the math work is a great one. If she did not tell you it had to be done then I would not kill myself or Shannon with it.

The snugglepants are great Janine and will work for a long while...unless she has a crazy growth spurt

I feel crappy so I will go to school and the kids will get to do some great stuff I found last night that allows me an easy day and them a fun learning day. I have a meeting at 5 tonight and then I will hopefully get to sleep early. If I rally and feel better this afternoon, then I will swim between school and the meeting time.

Dinner is the spaghetti we did not eat last night. Jerry saw the fish I bought this weekend and decided that it looked good so we had fish and sweet potato fries last night.

OK, now I need to get some breakfast for MH and me and then head to school.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 06:21 AM   #7
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cecilia, I am glad you are on the mend.
Old 09-21-2010, 06:32 AM   #8
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mmm...cheesy corn cakes heated in the toaster...
Old 09-21-2010, 06:33 AM   #9
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

mmm...cheesy corn cakes heated in the toaster...
Old 09-21-2010, 06:39 AM   #10
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know this sound horrible and dont take it too seriously but I really wish I didn't have kids right now. Shannon has come home with so much homework it is impossible to keep up. She has 2 pages of German, 3 pages of handwriting, 1 page of maths and goodness knows what else. I just cant keep up, neither can she.

I asked her to show me what she did in school today and she wrote 3 words and coloured in 3 balloons (not even all the balloons).....ALL.DAY.LONG!!!! What the h3ll is this woman doing all day????

The ladies in Hort have tried to arrange a time to meet up but she refuses to met us in the afternoon. Fabulous! A teacher who thinks she has a job and her job is finished at 1pm.