Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2010, 07:48 AM   #21
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Knitters--Hookers--Spinners--Dyers ♫ WIP ♫ 9/21/2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by marķa View Post
Did you guys men can knit too

Even men that greasy and dirty

I was knitting a body of a sweater for my big girl and i was it“s boring!!And he was ok honey go and fix dinner and i will knit it for you sure enough i cooked the dinner and he knitted for me and he was 10 min late for dinner because he was having so mcuh fun

Straight from the garage!

My DH looked like this teaching me how to crochet a flower, excepts dirtier, and short sleeves with tattoos everywhere. Oh and pink yarn

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLittleButtonBakery View Post
Good Morning! I havent knit since early Sat Im hoping today sometime!

Maria, those scarppies look great! I cant WAIT to see the buttons on the elephant outfit!
OH MY I LOVE THOSE BUTTONS!!!

Quote:
Here are my first scrappies i“m hooked now and i want some for my little guy

And Aimee here are the longies made from your yarn and the shirt has a growing room so he can use it all winter.
I used up all of my yarn and they have a little growing room but not much.

I commented on facebook too but he is just soo cute!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PipersMomma View Post
what about a nb STIH? or wendy?

Those scrappies are TDF and Gunnar is so freaking adorable!!!

Gaia Bulky.

My DH would never let me teach him. He would probably be good at it too, or at least understand it. He used to crochet when he was little lol. He is the youngest of 5 boys and his mom taught them all how to crochet.
My hubby's mom made him learn how to crochet too, but she thought the world was going to go nuts and they might need to make their own clothes. She's a bit loopy, in a bad way. He refuses to learn how to knit and I'm not allowed to tell anyone he knows how to crochet. Mmmmhhmmmm.

Advertisement

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 AM   #22
marķa
Banned

My Mood:

Thanks Heidi,he“s pretty clean in this picture he is usually much much dirtier yuck!
marķa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:53 AM   #23
~EweNeedColor~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

Quote:

I was knitting a body of a sweater for my big girl and i was it“s boring!!And he was ok honey go and fix dinner and i will knit it for you sure enough i cooked the dinner and he knitted for me and he was 10 min late for dinner because he was having so mcuh fun

And I lost the rest of my mq's

Thank you so much Tina, I needed that compliment this morning

Ashley, I was a drug addict too, and it kills me to see people that don't/won't get clean when they have kids
~EweNeedColor~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #24
blossomgoat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

I love those scrappies, too!

Quote:

Hee hee! LOVE it! I can't get DH to learn to knit but he's ALL about helping me design my patterns. He's all about colors and motifs and what not and he's usually right.

Okay, so here's a question for you all:

Hand-knit socks. Yay or nay? Good as gifts or not so much?

I'm knitting myself a pair right now and absolutely love knitting them and think they're the most beautiful socks I own but find that they may not be the most comfy to wear as they tend to slide down and bunch up. Is this a standard feature of hand knit socks or can I do something better to fix it?

I'm contemplating gifting hand-knit socks this holiday season as well and if no one likes them, then I won't bother.
Old 09-21-2010, 07:55 AM   #25
marķa
Banned

My Mood:

Thanks Erica!
marķa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #26
bluesaddle
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

That is great!! How nice of him.

It snowed last night. Not a lot and I'm sure it will melt, but summer is officially over. I brought DD to the door to show her and she said wow! It was the cutest thing.
Old 09-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #27
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

I think handknit socks are great gift ideas, IF the person you are gifting too appreciates that kind of thing. I plan to make my mom at least one pair for Christmas, but I want to make 2. Just depends on how much time I have I guess.
PipersMomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:09 AM   #28
PipersMomma
waiting on repsonse to FSOT issue! Contact ~happy2Bamommy~ if you need help as well!

My Mood:

snow already?!! Im so jealous!
Old 09-21-2010, 08:10 AM   #29
hekamc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Thanks Heidi,he“s pretty clean in this picture he is usually much much dirtier yuck!
Both the younger boys have snot noses right now. It's just disgusting and they run if I try to clean them off. I have to hold them down and wipe as fast as I can before we go anywhere. LOL!

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomgoat View Post
I love those scrappies, too!

Hee hee! LOVE it! I can't get DH to learn to knit but he's ALL about helping me design my patterns. He's all about colors and motifs and what not and he's usually right.

Okay, so here's a question for you all:

Hand-knit socks. Yay or nay? Good as gifts or not so much?

I'm knitting myself a pair right now and absolutely love knitting them and think they're the most beautiful socks I own but find that they may not be the most comfy to wear as they tend to slide down and bunch up. Is this a standard feature of hand knit socks or can I do something better to fix it?

I'm contemplating gifting hand-knit socks this holiday season as well and if no one likes them, then I won't bother.
Well you can knit me a pair and I'll try them out and let you know

hekamc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:11 AM   #30
PipersMomma

My Mood:

I have a crappy nose right now too. sucks. My throat finally feels like Im not swallowing razor blades though. Now Im just all congested and gross. And Phe is starting to get it too so I started her inhaler ever 4hrs again. Ugh.

I hope I win this.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...STRK:MEBIDX:IT
How freaking cute would Phe look playing outside this fall with this coat on and some cute longies